Ksholle1 12-Aug-20
FORESTBOWS 12-Aug-20
FORESTBOWS 12-Aug-20
MSarcher 13-Aug-20
Empty Freezer 13-Aug-20
brettpsu 13-Aug-20
FORESTBOWS 13-Aug-20
10-Aug-20
I have a back pack hunt in a over the counter unit available for September 6th through the 12. Had a guy cancel and have one spot open. The hunt is 2500$ includes everything but your tag. Colorado.

11-Aug-20
I'll be your guide and Empty Freezer will be the other hunter with us.

11-Aug-20
Grizzly Creek (divides 33 and 34) is on fire and Coffee Pot is currently closed..........I am sure they will get it contained and the road opened back up soon. Else my season plans are toast.

11-Aug-20
Yikes. Isn't that the only real road into there? With it so dry I wonder how it's gonna go. I wonder how many thousands of the mountain maggots(sheep) will get torched.

11-Aug-20
The fire is wayyyy low on the mountain. Will not affect me.

11-Aug-20
Yes very very low at this point. I was wrong it is Canyon Creek not Grizzly that separates 33/34.....been a long time since we hunted over there (2006) and I got cornfused. This fire is well east of the 33/34 divide and well south of the hunting areas. In any case, hoping they suppress this bugger quickly and that if anything it pushes the elk down low up high.

11-Aug-20
Looks to of died down alot today.

12-Aug-20
Forest, Can you provide me a little more info 1. where would I fly into. 2. what elevation and what level of fitness would be expected( I don't want to slow anyone down) 3. horse or backpack

12-Aug-20
Hi Mark, you can fly into either Denver (drive over I-70 is about 3.5 hours depending on where Forest meets you) or the Eagle County regional airport for Vail (drive is more like 30-45 minutes depending on meet up spot. Elevations can range from around 9000 to 11000 depending on where he has you located. He can provide you details but this is general to help you get started.

12-Aug-20
following*

12-Aug-20

FORESTBOWS 's embedded Photo
FORESTBOWS 's embedded Photo

12-Aug-20
We will spike out of a wall tent and stay in a camp like this for a few days at a time. Moving to stay in elk.

13-Aug-20
Bump. Looking forward to hunting with you next month.

13-Aug-20
Bump. So ready, I'm absolutely worthless at work(not usually).

13-Aug-20
I hunted a ranch several years ago where Forest was a guide. I have 100% confidence saying he will do everything in his power for a hunters success. He went over and above helping me look for a hit bull when he wasn't even my guide. Stand up guy and one hell of a hunter.

13-Aug-20
Thanks everyone. Spot is filled. Kevo is my new victim. Lol. Elk will die!

• Sitka Gear