Overland 13-Sep-20
Candor 18-Sep-20
RT 18-Sep-20
Bake 18-Sep-20
GED 20-Sep-20
GED 20-Sep-20
ben h 20-Sep-20
12-Sep-20
I hardly ever post on here but read the posts almost daily. I'm ready for a new harness for tree stand hunting. I've been using my current harness for close to 25 years now and am ready to upgrade. I've interested in a rock climbing harness. What info can you guys give me? Do you use one that has straps built in for a linemens belt?

12-Sep-20
Good thread going over on the LW

12-Sep-20
Black Diamond Alpine BOD in a stand, or a tree saddle... which IS a stand.

12-Sep-20
+2 ^

13-Sep-20
I have two Black Diamonds and I put the lineman's belt on mine.

13-Sep-20
I have two Black Diamonds and I put the lineman's belt on mine.

13-Sep-20
Black diamond Vario Speed harness

13-Sep-20
I am an avid rock climber and have climbed very extensively all around the world. I recommend the Black Diamond Alpine Bod harness for hunting. It's easy to use, super easy to put on and take off (even over bulky layers), and cheap. I own many, many harnesses for all the climbing I do and the Alpine Bod is my go-to for hunting.

18-Sep-20
What belt or attachment do yall use for connecting to the tree?

18-Sep-20
You switch the lineman's rope to a tether at the base of the tree. It would be the lifeline you hung. Some guy's probably risk it and attach to a tree strap.

18-Sep-20
I use the Black diamond as well. I think it's the Alpine BOD, but can't remember. I really like it

20-Sep-20
I only use a RCH or a saddle.

Being connected in front is much better than hanging from your back. I have a cheap black Diamond harness. Light, quiet, comfortable and safe.

20-Sep-20
Also, my RCH has no lineman’s loops, only accessory loops that are not weight bearing.

I use this harness with my climber and/or preset stands with a safety line.

20-Sep-20

ben h's embedded Photo
ben h's embedded Photo
Another vote for the Black Diamond Alpine harness. I have no idea why anyone would use fall protection created by treestand hunters, when climbers have perfected it. Get a big wall ascender for your rope.

• Sitka Gear