greg simon 17-Sep-20
Ollie 17-Sep-20
bigswivle 17-Sep-20
1boonr 17-Sep-20
Charlie Rehor 18-Sep-20
13-Sep-20

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
If you are hunting deer in Iowa this year, I would highly recommend leaving your fleece camo at home. (Sitka stuff as well) The preacher’s lice is unbelievable this year! I’ve never seen it this thick. I guess it’s just par for the course, this year :-(

13-Sep-20
I hate that stuff. I like to wear my Cabellas coveralls while white tail hunting and they've got like a fleece outer later and it's just murder on them.

13-Sep-20
Google Burr Paw it removes those beggar lice

13-Sep-20

4nolz@work's embedded Photo
4nolz@work's embedded Photo
Amazon

13-Sep-20
4Nolz....I’ve got one of those and it works, but not that well on fleece, Berber, etc. They get too embedded in the fabric.

You get the stuff on your clothes when walking into the stand, then spend part of your time in the stand picking it out and throwing on the ground. The next year, you’ve got the damn stuff growing all around your stand! It’s a vicious cycle.

13-Sep-20
Terrible in Illinois as well!

Crap is everywhere.

13-Sep-20
What exactly is it? Never ran into it.

13-Sep-20
LB....... it’s a plant approximately 1’-2’ tall that has hundreds of individual seed pods about the size of a grain of rice. The seed pods are stickers that attach themselves to basically anything they come in contact with. They are a major PIA to remove, especially from fleece type garments.

13-Sep-20

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Some guys call them beggar’s lice or sticktights. They turn brown-dark brown when they die in the fall.

13-Sep-20
I live in the northwest part of the state and it's terrible this year. I saw a doe cross the road in front of me that looked like she had a hay bale strapped to her back

13-Sep-20
Yup, beggars lice...Hate it!

14-Sep-20
Thanks, I know that plant, just didn't know the name.

14-Sep-20
My dog is a setter with floppy ears. She was out in our back field recently and when she came in it looked like she had a hair bun on the top of her head with her ears full of the stuff. What a job cleaning that off!!

14-Sep-20
Even worse when it dries and turns brown in the fall.

14-Sep-20
It’s bad here in Michigan as well, all over the cattle and horses.

14-Sep-20
I dont think we have that here in the north east. It's some sort of burr type thing? I've never seen a plant able to grip deer fur, that's incredible. It has to totally blow to get that on fleece/wool etc... Is it sharp like a thorn, or just incredibly velcro like?

14-Sep-20
We have it in PA. Velcro like and the whole string of them all stick at once.

14-Sep-20
So should I take a trip down with my string trimmer pre season? I absolutely hate that crap! I have a lot of fleece clothing.

14-Sep-20
I thought standard attire for Iowa was carhaart coveralls

14-Sep-20
I’m calling photoshop on T-Roy. He’s obviously just trying to keep all the big bucks to himself!

14-Sep-20
Y’all could all come hunt in Texas. Our stuff just stings, bites, and sticks you.....;-)

14-Sep-20
Virginia stickseed is the common name. It can get bad here in North Dakota as well

14-Sep-20
No weed I hate worse than beggar's lice. My dog ran into a patch of it last night retrieving a dove. Spent the better part of 30 minutes when I got home last night brushing it all out of his coat.....Then I had to get started on getting it off my pants!!

14-Sep-20
Brutally bad here in WI this year too. Man I hate that stuff!

14-Sep-20
I am hunting Iowa and ran into this stuff real bad while scouting. What is the best clothing to wear to avoid looking like the above pictured doe?

14-Sep-20
The stuff can stick to glazed porcelain I swear! Fleece is an absolute nightmare. You want pants especially that are a tight weave, slick. Like upland bird hunters wear. Maybe walk in those then slip something quieter on over them for sitting in a stand.

14-Sep-20
Saddlecloth isn’t terrible, but like Greg S. stated, nothing seems to be immune from it. Carhartt or denim type material makes removal considerably easier as well. I wore a brand new pair of La Crosse Aerohead boots while hanging a stand the other day, and the uppers were totally covered with them when I was finished.

It’s just like working with roofing tar. No matter how careful you are, you’re still gonna get it all over yourself.

14-Sep-20
I have a golden retriever so I know how bad they can be. Great nose, works hard but gets covered everytime I hunt him! Shawn

14-Sep-20

saveyhunter's embedded Photo
saveyhunter's embedded Photo
SE SD

16-Sep-20
its bad here in Southern MN too. I see deer and they look like they are wearing a ghillie suit.

16-Sep-20
Had to shave my English cocker down do them, would come out from a walk covered with them. Will have to rethink about wearing my Winona camo or wool, it is does get old removing them.

16-Sep-20
They don't stick to rubber and that's about it. I've found that the quieter the clothes are, the more they stick.

16-Sep-20
Us Missouri hillbillies call them sticktights. That seems to work for about anything that will stick to your clothes, except for cockleburs. We call them cockleburs.

If deer could eat cockleburs we'd have the biggest deer in the world here where I live. I live near a 75,000 acre reservoir that is flood control for Lake of the Ozarks. All along the reservoir and the rivers that feed into it are large sometimes-flooded "mud flats" that are loaded with cockleburs. Man I hate them

17-Sep-20

t-roy's embedded Photo
Cockleburs
t-roy's embedded Photo
Cockleburs
t-roy's embedded Photo
Burdock
t-roy's embedded Photo
Burdock
t-roy's embedded Photo
Pitchforks
t-roy's embedded Photo
Pitchforks
We call them cockleburs in Iowa, too. They’re not that big of a problem here in most places. They’re relatively easy to remove, as well. They don’t even make it into my top 3 “PITA” sticker type weeds, in my area. Burdock and pitchforks suck WAY more than cockleburs, IMO. They’re both a bitch to get out of your hunting clothes as well.

17-Sep-20
Sandburs are the worst. They stick to everything and they hurt like hell when they stick you!!!

17-Sep-20

t-roy's embedded Photo
Sandburs
t-roy's embedded Photo
Sandburs
t-roy's embedded Photo
Goat heads
t-roy's embedded Photo
Goat heads
You’re close, Greg, but I think goat heads have sandburs beat. Goat heads are sandburs on steroids! Fortunately, we don’t have goat heads here, and rarely any sandburs. Tons of both in Oklahoma, unfortunately.

17-Sep-20
Forgot about the sandburs. Hunted OK with Treeman last year and that was my first experience with those nasty things. I think there are still a few stuck to various spots of my truck carpet, to tell the truth

17-Sep-20
Holy smokes!!! Those goat heads look like they could be used in a murder.

Bake, don't worry about the sand burs in your truck. When they get in your underwear then worry. Don't ask me how I know!!!

17-Sep-20
Was out pulling trail cam cards a few days ago. Spent 15 minutes pulling those damn things off my pants!

17-Sep-20
Not to highjack you Iowa boys thread, but I’ll trade two Osceola turkeys and unlimited hogs for a chance to hunt Iowa. I’ve got 4pts. Dont want anything free, just an opportunity(I’ll pay for lease, food plots etc...) these would b true Osceolas, south of I-4, very comfortable place to stay.

17-Sep-20
I was walking around in Davis county and got covered with a bunch of burrs in the shape of a flat triangle. We don’t have them in Illinois but It will take more than that to keep me outa Iowa

18-Sep-20
The wildlife foundation I hunt spends 35% of their annual budget fighting invasive.

• Sitka Gear