IdyllwildArcher 18-Sep-20
Mule Power 18-Sep-20
Buffalo1 19-Sep-20
WoodMoose 20-Sep-20
JayG@work 20-Sep-20
buc i 313 21-Sep-20
RIT 21-Sep-20
17-Sep-20
Hey all. It's been a while since I have been on here. Just trying to get my life together with this whole COVID crap.. So, I need some advice. I am in on a lease in SE Ohio, Vinton County. I paid my lease fee and paid for my Non-Resident license, so I am good with all that. One thing that is concerning the heck out of me is the election and the buffoonery the BLM/ANTIFA jackasses are going to do right before and after the election. I really don't think we are going to have a country left after it. Anyhow, I live in Northern NY and will have to drive through several cities where radical extremists could cause disruptions. I am too old to take anymore ass whippings, so if anyone blocked my way, I would be forced to run them over. I have a concealed carry permit for NY but the state of Ohio doesn't recognize it, so I can't bring my pistols with me. So what would you do? Would you still go and hope for the best, or would you hold off, or just not go at all? If possible, tell me why you would do what you would do. I appreciate any serious comments. Humorous ones okay too I guess. Peace, Jay

17-Sep-20
just go about your business

17-Sep-20
I wouldn't worry a out it but you can go online to Virginia a d get a cow for 37 states for 100

17-Sep-20
Jay,

We are open for business as long as you don't watch mainstream media. Come hunting and don't worry about it.

17-Sep-20
You might not be able to carry concealed but that does not mean you can't take a gun with you even if you have to unload it part of the time. And quit thinking like a east coaster. Most of the rest of the country would not even consider letting a bunch of limp wristed lefties keep them from going hunting.

17-Sep-20
When people try to foretell the future, I always point them to the past:

a) What example do we have of the past foretelling of events?

Answer: Everyone who's foretold the end of the world from the Mayans to Jehovah's Witnesses, has continued to be wrong from the beginning of time until now and every second that tics by, they continue to be wrong.

b) What history do we have for the United States of America collapsing?

Answer: None. The USA, since it's inception, irrespective of the trials faced, has come out on top. The USA has an all-time record of zero times collapsing.

If history has any bearing, you should be fine. Turn off the news and go for a walk. If your input is bad all the time, that's going to be your mindset.

17-Sep-20
And ohio doesn't recognize a few states. NY being one of them. You can guess the rest. Lock the gun up until you get here then open carry?

17-Sep-20
Jay

Go to the "guns to carry" website and check reciprocity agreements between states. From a quick glance it looks like your NY CCW permit would be good in OH..but wouldn't be honored in PA.

That said, I'd bring my firearm... and assume the risk associated with PA.

There's an old saying "Being tried by 12 is better than being carried by 6".

Let us know how your hunt turns out.

17-Sep-20
If you're really worried about the cities, why don't you just take I-99 down and avoid all the big cities and then come in from the east?

17-Sep-20
Please find a way to hunt. Don’t let anyone stop you from pursuing your passion. There have been a number of solutions proposed here. Good luck this season!

17-Sep-20
It’ll be fine. Over reactions...it’s the American way! Have a great season!

17-Sep-20
It’s unbelievable that we have to worry about this crap in America. Go hunting and enjoy. Just make sure you’re around to vote on 11/3.

17-Sep-20
Bypass the cities and carry a long gun.

A hand gun is used to get yourself to a long gun.

Or the long gun is no longer operating.

17-Sep-20
Idyllwylde x2. Your just as likely to have trouble with a Trump nut as a BLM or Antifa scumbag. And neither is likely at all. Live your life.

17-Sep-20
1st , buy a can of bear mace 2nd recheck your permit as far as the states that accept it. 3 rd if un accepted then carry your gun unloaded in a case with a magazine in a separate spot. Il surpreme court ruled in favor of a guy who was carry in his center console, they ruled that it's considered a trunk. 4th if turn,p wins and riots start he will have national guard in there quick, this time he won't wait for the states to ask. And last but not least if you are blocked by humans who are rioting, then proceed slowly with mace and horns and if widows start to be broken then hit the gas. P.S I wonder if it's possible to wire a front cow pusher/grill so that it acts like a giant stun gun. Lol

17-Sep-20
Hope you get a great buck. Good luck.

17-Sep-20
Just don’t drive downtown. That is where all this crap takes place.

17-Sep-20
From my favorite movie

“Get busy living or get busy dying”

Dude just go hunt don’t let those stupid AFS win by creating fear in others.... that’s terrorism

17-Sep-20
I would avoid the major cities and just go enjoy the hunt.

Aluminum Rain - you make me lol. Comparing Trump crazies to BLM/Antifa. I don’t think someone crossing the country to hunt white tails has any chance of being attacked by a Trump crazy. Can’t say the same about BLM/Antifa. Come on man.

17-Sep-20

Buckeye23's embedded Photo
Buckeye23's embedded Photo
Jay, seriously, I am not gonna miss the conversations with you and Don this year. Download the app legal heat, according to it Ohio will honor your permit. This is Mike BTW. ;)

17-Sep-20
Glad I can make you laugh telling it like I see it. I live in a very conservative place. The young punks drive their fast cars and jacked up trucks down the main drag every day with their ztrump flags flying, looking for anyone that might disagree with them. The cops dont do much about it. It doesnt speak well of where our society is headed and it could certainly be viewed as threatening by non locals. Just sayin.

17-Sep-20
I cannot imagine even worrying about something like this!! I will be driving from NY to Iowa a week before the elections. I am not worried a bit, I will be armed but I always carry and don't worry about the consequences until someone fu*k$ with me. Honestly never worry about anything like OP is worried about. I have to drive through Ohio for a bit and freaking very close to Chicago. Go hunt and quite worrying about the stupid stuff!! Shawn

17-Sep-20
Your worries are not in Ohio. You get here you are good. This is Trump country. Some idiot posted on Facebook they were coming for our guns. I rarely post, but told them good luck. Come try.

17-Sep-20
Jay,

Ohio, recognize NY permits ! Ohio, has accepted other states ccp's since Marc, of 2015 regardless of reciprocity,

Look it up on Google

You are good to go

17-Sep-20
Rain and hisTDS equating guys driving around with Trump flags to antifa riotIng and looting everything in sight what a joke.

18-Sep-20
Jesus dude...you need to get out more often especially if you’re worrying about that. Turn off your TV.

Go have fun! Good luck on your hunt. Post up your success photo.

18-Sep-20
You can always drive around the cess pools if they become turbulent. Eventually the zombie bacteria will eat their own.

Trump 2020 Jr 2024 2028

18-Sep-20
If the things you are worried about come to pass hunting will be the least important issue in your life. Keep perspective and you’ll be fine

You are being dramatic thinking you are going to shoot someone or plow them over with your car. If you do that then hunting will really be on the back burner of your priority list of concerns

18-Sep-20
Jay, I understand your concerns. Here is what I’d do. I’d go. I’d take my pistol too. It’s not illegal to have a pistol in Ohio. If that doesn’t fancy you too well, I’d take a pump shotgun loaded with double ought buckshot.

As far as the country, the only places these idiotic terrorists are running amok is in places of high population density’s. And, in places with left leaning politics. This country isn’t lost. This country will right itself. Keep the faith.

18-Sep-20
Shotgun

18-Sep-20
It's funny. My hunting partner & I were talking about all the protesting & rioting & the future of our country the other day and he said something to me that was profound. He says "this is the exact same conversation our fathers would have had back in the 60's". The irony just blew me away.

18-Sep-20
I think you'll be fine.....laying off the "news" a little bit may help your psyche

18-Sep-20
Advice? 158 grain hollow points.

18-Sep-20
I had a close relative who drove through Michigan from Ohio and was picked up for a traffic violation in a community that didn't allow transport. The officer saw his weapon. Long story short, he ended up spending a few days in a cell and his weapon confiscated and never returned. Was quite the hot mess. Some officers do take it quite seriously.

18-Sep-20
Jay go hunting and good luck brother and welcome back

18-Sep-20
You need to turn off the TV. It's rotting your brain. The country will be just fine before and after the election regardless of who wins. How many Average Joes just driving through minding their own business have been killed due to protests in the last year? I'd guess the number is probably zero. You may as well be worried that a meteor is going to fall from the sky and blow up your car while you are driving.

Good grief. Are we scared of everything these days? I'm sorry to be so blunt, but this is ridiculous. If you want to keep yourself safe, leave your treestand at home. That thing is 1,000X more likely to harm you than any protester.

18-Sep-20
They won't riot on the interstate. Make sure and make your stops outside the big cities, and just stay on the interstates through the cities.

18-Sep-20
Remember anything you say can later be used against you in a court of law And that includes Internet forums

18-Sep-20
Remember anything you say can later be used against you in a court of law And that includes Internet forums

18-Sep-20
Yeah. I never post about the plans I have for killing people.

First of all, I just don't have that kind of time.

Secondly, there's a good reason for the third "S" in "SSS."

18-Sep-20
Jay! What would Kelly tell you to do? Pack your $h1t and go hunting man!

19-Sep-20
What happened to the Second Amendment?

20-Sep-20
Jay

go hunting Brother,,,

John

20-Sep-20
Hey all,,, thanks for your input. I really appreciate it. Yeah, so I wasn't clear on the CCW reciprocity for Ohio. That will make me feel a lot better being able to carry while in and outbound on my trip. I just see what is happening all over and I don't want to be a victim to the out of control leftist who are rioting, and I don't want to put up numbers like that Kyle Rittenhouse.. Actually, the kid prolly should have put another in to the guy with the pistol, but that is just me.... Anyhow, so once i do my early vote, I'll be heading to Ohio for a week or two of big fun deer hunting!! I am pretty excited.

21-Sep-20
Looking forward to seeing you.

Hopefully your old butt won't be as beaten up as it has been for the past couple of seasons.

Travel safe my friend.

21-Sep-20
Bit extreme nothing going on in Ohio. I have been all over the state the last 6 months and never once felt I needed to carry a pistol.

• Sitka Gear