Robear 20-Sep-20
CAS_HNTR 20-Sep-20
jmiller 20-Sep-20
LKH 20-Sep-20
krieger 21-Sep-20
Grubby 21-Sep-20
JohnMC 21-Sep-20
20-Sep-20
I’m looking for a warm late season, preferably beanie style hat. I don’t really want to spend $80 beans for the Sitka. Is there any more budget friendly alternatives? My brother gave me an alpaca one a coworker makes, it’s unbelievably warm but I’d like some sort of wind layer on it.

I’m sure like most other things I’ll experiment unsuccessfully and then buy the more expensive option!

20-Sep-20
https://naturalgear.com/natural-stealth-hunter-beanie/ They make good stuff.

20-Sep-20
Buy once, cry once. The heavy Sitka beanie is the warmest beanie I've ever warn. I also have the Incinerator GTX hat for when I need/want a bill and that's equally as warm and waterproof. Both expensive, but worth it.

20-Sep-20

White Falcon's embedded Photo
White Falcon's embedded Photo
Like this Moose dewlap hat.

20-Sep-20
Mad bomber, flip up the sides to have a ‘beanie style’

20-Sep-20
Also the moose dewlap is pretty sexy!

20-Sep-20
Have you considered a Stormy Kromer Cap?

20-Sep-20
Be careful how windproof you get one. Need one that breathes well or your head will sweat.

20-Sep-20
What temperatures are looking for?

20-Sep-20
-20 to +20 f

I wear a stormy Kromer in my day to day activities..... not warm enough for tree stand hunting.

20-Sep-20
Another vote for the Mad Bomber. One of those bad boys and a Pnuma heated vest and I’m good for all day in those temps.

20-Sep-20
I'm a big fan of radar caps......you can get a fleece one from several places (I think I got last one at Dick's) for $12-20. If it gets cold cold, I just add another thin fleece bernie under it.

20-Sep-20

jmiller's embedded Photo
jmiller's embedded Photo
My beaver fur hat keeps me very warm!

20-Sep-20
When Tonka Mills in MN was closing out we bought a bunch of Windbloc. My wife sews a hood out of that stuff that's very warm and completely cuts the wind. If it's very cold I simply put a light stocking cap inside. Has a face hole that fits the nose and mouth area.

21-Sep-20
I got a Shiver Shield set last year. That's the warmest beanie I've ever used. The jacket is warmer than my FL Sanctuary by a factor of 6-8....

21-Sep-20
I have never heard of shivershield, I’m interested.

21-Sep-20

JohnMC's Link
Interesting shiver shield website

• Sitka Gear