PECO 31-Oct-20
deerslayer 31-Oct-20
GF 31-Oct-20
WV Mountaineer 31-Oct-20
deerslayer 31-Oct-20
GF 01-Nov-20
TrapperKayak 02-Nov-20
24-Oct-20
My buddy was coming back from blackfishing yesterday and saw something floating in the bay!

24-Oct-20

T Mac's embedded Photo
T Mac's embedded Photo

24-Oct-20
Wow! Hell of a buck!

Was he injured in any way or did he just get too far out and drown?

24-Oct-20

T Mac's embedded Photo
T Mac's embedded Photo
No wounds were found on him.

24-Oct-20
We all have to go.

24-Oct-20
Ha ha he was last seen boarding a boat with hunter for a little fishing trip!

24-Oct-20
Old age??? Is it legal to keep it at this point?

24-Oct-20
What a buck!

24-Oct-20
Tom- Did he hit crabs or the jig? LOl I usually catch those jumbo Staten Island deer trolling Mojos in the fall!!!!

24-Oct-20
seen his reflection in the water, noticed how snarly his one side was and decided to end it right there and jumped in.

Buck Lives Matter!

24-Oct-20
What makes that any harder than any other fate?

Just philosophically speaking. Would anybody give a rip if it had been a spike?

Big antlers have a strange way of shaping (warping?) our perceptions, it seems.

24-Oct-20
I have seen deer swimming many times.

24-Oct-20
Caught him on a buck tail!

24-Oct-20

24-Oct-20
EHD has been hitting the herd pretty hard in the lower Hudson Valley. I just read an article in the local paper about 500 or so found dead over the past few months. if you were Black fishing I assume you are pretty close.

24-Oct-20
GF.....what makes it harder, to me at least, is that it’s a total waste of delicious venison. I see does dead on the highway and feel the same way.

24-Oct-20
I am guessing what GF is questioning is...if this were a dead fawn, would it make the sentiments of a public hunting forum? Nothing wrong with inquiring.

24-Oct-20

woodsman's embedded Photo

24-Oct-20

24-Oct-20

24-Oct-20
These two were just pulled out of the canal in western NY. The bigger buck got his horns wrapped in plastic netting that they cover the trees in the orchards so the birds don’t get the cherries. Most have been fighting with the smaller buck and they both fell into the canal And drowned.

24-Oct-20
I don’t think those two bucks were fighting

24-Oct-20

24-Oct-20
What is it about whitetail hunters and the “Hero”” pose with road kills, water kills, any flipping deer for that matter that dies by something other than an arrow or bullet.

They are an awesome animal no question, but I can’t think of one animal that makes people “crazier” than a WT buck with big horns.

24-Oct-20
An elk with bigger horns ?

25-Oct-20
Cazador good point. My buddy in the picture is not a hunter but clearly wanted a picture holding the rack. They are majestic and even non-hunters are impressed with large racks!

25-Oct-20
Wounded deer often head toward water. I imagine a sick, feverish deer might do the same. A friend found a gnarly non-typical dead in a swamp, salvaged the antlers. As long as the finder doesn't claim it as a hunt/kill, what's the problem?

25-Oct-20
Is it a successful hunt/kill if you shot it and recovered the carcass (or one "identical" to it) 6 months later? What about 2 weeks later?

25-Oct-20
^^^^^^^ It’s a kill, but not successful for me unless I get to eat the deer. ^^^^^^^

25-Oct-20
In same cell with Jeffrey Epstein maybe....?!!!

26-Oct-20
What the hell is black fishing? LOL!

31-Oct-20
Elkman, they are Tautog but blackfish sounds better. They are a very popular game fish along the east coast. Here (NY tri-state area) the season starts Oct 1st I think. Bottom feeders with weird human like teeth. Delicious to eat...called the "poor man's lobster"

31-Oct-20
I did an image search, one ugly fish with creepy teeth.

31-Oct-20
It’s totally different than a fawn, doe, or young buck. Does, fawns, and young bucks are plentiful and not at all rare. A buck of that caliber is a rare specimen, and has been incredibly smart to live to get that big. (Same reason many hunters have a tinge of sadness when they shoot a big, old buck or bull) It’s a bummer to see a buck, that any hunter would have been thrilled to shoot, die from something that brought no enjoyment to anyone. Even the coyotes didn’t get a meal from him. If you have to ask what the difference is, than I would assume you would be just as happy to tag a doe with your either sex tag?

31-Oct-20
“ I would assume you would be just as happy to tag a doe with your either sex tag?”

Yeah, probably. It would depend on what kind of hunt it was more than the animal.

31-Oct-20
I truly don’t understand the allure a whitetail buck has either. I’m guessing it’s all most eastern hunters will ever know. That and they flat out shame every other NA animal on whits and ability to outsmart and survive against millions and millions of hunters for months and months out of the year.

They aren’t my choice for the funniest animal or, any where close to the most desired species to hunt. But, I’m guessing most whitetail hunters don’t feel that way.

31-Oct-20
Well kudos to you for happily putting your either sex tag on a slick head. You are also a rare specimen.

01-Nov-20
Well, 20-30 years ago I probably would have answered differently, and if both of them offered me a shot at the same time I would probably take the bigger target ;)

Although if the buck has your attention and the doe has HIS attention... she’ll probably bust you and screw the whole deal anyway.....

And JMO, anybody who thinks that smart old does are any less cagey than older bucks probably hasn’t ever seen one.

02-Nov-20
NY has some pretty nice bucks!

• Sitka Gear