bb 26-Feb-21
bghunter 27-Feb-21
Lost Arra 27-Feb-21
bigtines 27-Feb-21
Jim Moore 28-Feb-21
Grey Ghost 01-Mar-21
lewis 01-Mar-21
26-Feb-21
Ok, as I wait for my name to get drawn for my AZ elk tag I thought I would put this question out there: My family and I will be down around Orlando for a day or two the first week in April. Can anyone recommend a good fishing guide for another day or two after that? Hoping within a couple hours of Orlando. Salwater preferably but the largemouth bite may still be going as well so that is an option too. Personal goal to break the 10 lb mark for a LM. :0) Open to suggestions for fish species but would really like some action. Hoping to hear first hand experience...:0) Thoughts? Thanks in advance, TODDY

26-Feb-21
I will be bass fishing down there next week Thursday. One of the problems you are going to find is a lot of them are booked up. Guy I am going with had a cancelation and got lucky and got in.

If you want saltwater look to the Crystal River, Homosassa area. It is about 2 hours NW of Orlando. I will be there in April.

I go with Ed McCormick at Florida Bowfiahing. He does bowfishing and shark fishing trips. He also does a cool crab netting trip too.

I love the plantation at Crystal river to stay when up there.

I will try and find the guy I went inshore with one time. He sold his business to target fly-fishing only, but he sold it to his other guide.

In 4 hours with him caught, snook, reds, cobia, bonita and sea trout. Saw sea turtles and dolphin too.

Hope it helps.

26-Feb-21
I did an airboat trip with Osceola Outback adventures one time that was a blast.

Nothing massive maybe 5lbs at best, but landed a ton of bass I think 60 in 4 hours and saw 125 gators and the airboat ride was a blast and an adventure in itself as you are way back in backcountry. Good part is you can do a day trip and be back in Orlando by 1pm

https://www.osceolaoutback.com/

26-Feb-21
I live in the Bradenton area from December to April I’ll ask around to get a good recommendation I know Geofff Page is really good and the snook and trout should be good plus the snapper should be snapping.Geoff is out of Sarasota.We’ll be in Tennessee chasing turkey at that time.Good luck and have fun Lewis

26-Feb-21
Tons of largemouth options near Orlando. If its saltwater Titusville on the Atlantic side or Clearwater are not far. I have had good luck with Fishing booker.com. Found one of my favorite captains in Playa through that service.

26-Feb-21
Ref.. to Do you hunt Florida? Thread...

There’s nothing left, move along, just move along ;)

26-Feb-21
A few years ago I got to fish with a local around Pensacola, had a good time catching numerous species, one huge disapointment was catching a stinking black bass. I said, at home we don't even bring these things into the boat.

26-Feb-21
Thanks for the options so far! Lots of good ideas I am considering! The more I read about April, I see the Mahi Mahi bite should be good but quite a bit farther to the south unfortunately. I never thought to consider turkeys as I have never shot an Osceola buy not enough time for that unfortunately.

26-Feb-21
You can find a guide in the Titusville area and fish the Mosquito Lagoon for redfish, trout, Black Drum etc. about a hour drive from the airport. about the same drive you could go to Port Canaveral and fish the jetty in Jetty Park without a license, Snook, Flounder, I've seen Cobia caught there, I mostly catch Snook.

27-Feb-21
I should mention too there is always the option of a gator hunt. That is a very easy one day hunt and a lot of fun too.

27-Feb-21

Lost Arra's Link
Tom Van Horn

27-Feb-21
I imagine Fort Myers is probably to far for you ?

28-Feb-21
Anybody do any Tarpon fishing down that way? On my bucket list of things to do.

01-Mar-21
I'm friends with the 2 best tarpon guides on Sanibel Island. But that's about a 4 hour drive from Orlando. PM me if you'd like to get their information.

Matt

01-Mar-21
Just finished the book Lords of the Fly good read about the obsession of chasing Poons with a fly rod very entertaining.What made it special I know a bunch of the characters and have fished with some of them.Good luck Lewis

• Sitka Gear