Scooby-doo 20-Apr-21
midwest 20-Apr-21
grossklw 20-Apr-21
DL 20-Apr-21
WV Mountaineer 20-Apr-21
grossklw 20-Apr-21
'Ike' (Phone) 20-Apr-21
19-Apr-21
I have arrowed several turkeys with compound bow, but this year my wife will try. She has bagged 2 toms with shotgun. My question is has anyone gotten a second shot after a complete miss should that happen. On a marginal hit do you immediately leave the blind and take after it. The area is rolling hills and can't see very far.

19-Apr-21
One chance? Heck I’ve seen my daughter empty her quiver and then the Tom whacks the hell out of my Jake and does unmentionables to my hens! :)

19-Apr-21
Don’t ask me how but I missed one with my stick at about 15 feet and still got a 2nd shot

19-Apr-21
Several times, even with gunshots.

20-Apr-21
This weekend my niece shot the dumbest turkey I've ever seen. First miss he immediately went strutting again, second miss he got a little weary and took 4 steps all the way out to 20 yards. Third shot she barely hit a wing and I got the pleasure of running him down over the course of about 100 yards. He deserved to die. This was shotgun, not bow.

20-Apr-21
Grossklw, do you have a video of the chase down? :)

20-Apr-21
I wish, relive the glory days of dodging defenders running for a TD. My Bro-in-law was with and he regrets not getting his phone out. He was on the same page as me and took off sprinting but stopped once he saw I was catching up (he's faster than me haha).

It does get better even, I reached for his head and the dirty bastard juked me. The gong show eventually stopped once I got ahold of his neck and stepped on him to end it. Wounded pheasants just accept their fate when the dog brings it back, turkeys battle until the bitter end.

20-Apr-21

grossklw's embedded Photo
Said dirty bastard turkey.
grossklw's embedded Photo
Said dirty bastard turkey.
He made it almost to the pines you see in the background. Weird deal- he had no beard, just a smooth spot. Nice long spurs and a Tom obviously.

20-Apr-21
Turkey numbers are low universally. We're going to kill one with the gun then longbow it for the rest of the season here in NY

20-Apr-21
I do not know where you are in NY sjj but we have tons of birds where I am. I have gotten a few shots at the same bird after a miss with both bow and gun. Shawn

20-Apr-21
I lol'd, grossklw. That's awesome.

20-Apr-21
He made it almost to the pines you see in the background. Weird deal- he had no beard, just a smooth spot. Nice long spurs and a Tom obviously.

20-Apr-21
Take only one arrow or go to some old aluminum ones. I have on more than one occasion shot two arrows. Then never found them. 40+ dollars gone. Could have bought some prime rib for that.

20-Apr-21
I laughed my butt off.

20-Apr-21

20-Apr-21
Yes...

• Sitka Gear