WV Mountaineer 20-Apr-21
IdyllwildArcher 20-Apr-21
Matt 20-Apr-21
Treeline 20-Apr-21
JL 20-Apr-21
Surfbow 21-Apr-21
Roper 21-Apr-21
20-Apr-21
Looks like Uncle Ted got the plague/Covid. Kind of shoots him in the foot after his fervent denials of the situation. Hope he gets well soon. TMBB

20-Apr-21
Get well soon Ted! Signed, fellow plague survivor.

20-Apr-21
How does he know it wasn’t cat scratch fever?

Get well soon, Ted.

20-Apr-21
Is it the same Ted Nugent that lied his way out of going to Vietnam or a different Ted Nugent?

20-Apr-21
Supernaut. What did he lie about. Never heard that story

Get well Ted !!!

20-Apr-21
I hope Ted gets well soon. He'll probably fall into 1 of 2 camps. He'll either have mild symptoms, therefore adding to his denial, like many here. Or, it'll kick his ass, perhaps causing long-term health problems, and he'll be humbled a bit.

Matt

20-Apr-21
Hope the plaque isn’t a Stranglehold on him like it was me.

20-Apr-21
At his age he could have had the vaccine months ago. But, he decided to put his politics ahead of science. As the saying goes... "You can't fix stupid".

20-Apr-21
Didn’t Trump name it China Virus, denied it was for real, had it and then commended people for treating him back to health?

It affects different people in different ways.

20-Apr-21
Sounds like he got it pretty bad from his comments (edited to make them site-suitable), "I have had flu symptoms for the last 10 days. I thought I was dying. Just a clusterf***. I was tested positive today. I got the Chinese s***. I’ve got a stuffed up head, body aches. My God, what a pain in the a**. I literally could hardly crawl out of bed the last few days.”

"Didn’t Trump name it China Virus, denied it was for real, had it and then commended people for treating him back to health? It affects different people in different ways."

Yep, and Nugent called people who took it seriously "sheep". Maybe he now understands that not all sheep are on the other side?

20-Apr-21
When i had it last July, it only affected me 4-5 days, and mostly at night. I still worked remotely during that time too. Others have been much worse. I still wont be getting that vaccine anytime soon though.

20-Apr-21
Some things come around to bite you in the ass.

20-Apr-21
Get well soon Ted. Get the vaccine or not, it's your choice and this is the USA, so at least you have the freedom of that choice.

20-Apr-21
Some freedoms have their cost. The U.S. has one of the highest per capita death rates from Covid. Seat belts, anyone?

20-Apr-21
Tonyotony, not disputing that death rate, but where is the statistic, as a percentage of population. Would also say that I don’t believe the stats from some countries. North Korea supposedly has zero cases of covid. Yeah right.

20-Apr-21
The US has one of the highest death rates per capita because we have one of the most obese and unhealthy populations in the world. Countries that have healthy populations have better outcomes with covid..

Instead of telling people they should lose weight and exercise we told them they would be safe by wearing a mask. We did this so that fat people wouldn’t get their feelings hurt...sometimes tough love is a better medication.

20-Apr-21
Unfortunately nobody wants to speak to the root cause of the death rate.

It is primarily due to the US being 40% morbidly obese and the other comorbidities like diabetes, high blood pressure ETC.

Now I understand nobody wants to hurt peoples feelings

But that is the science nobody is talking about

20-Apr-21
Hope he does ok. Hopefully he's not unfortunate and ends up in the long hauler camp, that could really crimp his hunting and performing.

Funny, age has multifold greater impact on death rate via COVID than comorbidities like obesity... So given overly simplistic logic, Italy was obliterated because those folks were lucky enough to live an active healthy life, got old and were thus hit very hard. The US is a very rich place with good medical interventions, thus we have a good number of older folks - also lots of multigeneration households in urban areas... Which were also hit hard.

20-Apr-21
"Didn’t Trump name it China Virus, denied it was for real, had it and then commended people for treating him back to health? It affects different people in different ways." QUOTE FROM Buffalo1

When was it that Trump denied the virus was real? I don't recall that.

Below are some dates of different things he did right out of the gate from multiple news sources from a quick google search. It appears he took the virus very serious, and took the stance before the experts.

Juanuary 31st 2020 Trump banned travel from China to the US. He was called a racist fear monger for doing that.

On February 17 2020 one of what would be his top advisers Anthony Fauci was on TV saying its no big deal for the US, and don't worry about masks. Over 2 weeks after Trumps travel ban.

March 23 Trump orders US Navy ship Mercy to Los Angeles for additional hospital bed capacity.

March 27 2020 Trump orders auto maker GM to manufacture ventilators

March 28 2020 Trump sends US Navy Ship Comfort to New York for additional hospital space

April 2 2020 Trump approves the Javits Center being turned into a temporary hospital

20-Apr-21
Did Nugent really ask "Why weren’t we shut down for COVID one through 18?" in one of his "not a real pandemic" rants ? Is he really that out of touch? Good grief.

Matt

20-Apr-21
Bowhunt, you conveniently neglect to mention that Trump ignored 'social distancing', held his ego-boo rallies, refused to wear a mask, got sick and STILL won't tell his flock to get the vaccine. Such a 'selective' memory...

20-Apr-21
i know it got cold in the midwest today. but boy the snowflakes are out today!!

20-Apr-21
Dave, come back to Mass. - the weather's fine. ;-)

20-Apr-21

Matt's Link
"Bowhunt, you conveniently neglect to mention that Trump ignored 'social distancing', held his ego-boo rallies, refused to wear a mask, got sick and STILL won't tell his flock to get the vaccine. Such a 'selective' memory..."

Not to mention Trump secretly got the vaccine in January and didn't tell the flock.

He did however begin telling his followers to get vaccinated in March, but that was a couple of months after he had a platform to effectively spread that message.

20-Apr-21
James, *Miss* Dana ? Really? Are you old enough to be on the internet without parental supervision? How's 6th grade?

LMAO!

20-Apr-21
Wow some of you are really nice people

20-Apr-21
I have no selective memory, simply posted some things he did very early on that would contradict him thinking the virus wasn’t real.

Pretty simple

20-Apr-21
At least those who voted for the GOP are pro hunting. The lib vote is against hunting.

20-Apr-21
And my guess is that like 99.99% of those who get it, he (as well as Trump who was back to work in a few days) will be just fine. yeah.... sucks to get sick. Get well soon Ted.

Good grief....

20-Apr-21

Ricky The Cabel Guy's embedded Photo
Ricky The Cabel Guy's embedded Photo
"He did however begin telling his followers to get vaccinated in March, but that was a couple of months after he had a platform to effectively spread that message."

not true.

20-Apr-21
Sorry, Ricky, anybody with 50 cents worth of software could have faked that screenshot of a tweet. (You know how them media folks like to do stuff like that! ;-) )

20-Apr-21
Hopefully Shemane and the rest of the tribe are ok.

20-Apr-21
I know this sounds rotten but 3 million worldwide have died so far, out of 8 billion. It really is very few. Even in the US we 330 million people 560 thousand dead, again not a big percentage. If it is one of your own than any death is too many but overall a very, very low percentage of folks died. My wife had it, heavy smoker, liver disease and she was sick for about a week with flu like symptoms. It effects everyone differently! Shawn

20-Apr-21

TD's Link
Yes, Trump was not touting the coming development of vaccine for months while the media morons and leftist liars/hypocrites all said it wasn't possible. Well.... before they came out with not one, but two..... days AFTER the election, go figure. Guess he was touting the vaccines so he could tell folks not to take them.

Seems logic and common sense were some of the first victims..... long before covid though..... how else does a Waters or Pelosi get elected..... and that's giving credit they were just, um, misinformed and not outright immoral and evil knowing who/what it was they were voting for.

Some likely gullible enough to believe President House Plant was responsible for the vaccine like he claimed credit for..... well, him or Corn Pop.....

20-Apr-21
I bet Bob expected a free-for-all when he started this thread. ;-)

20-Apr-21
"Sorry, Ricky, anybody with 50 cents worth of software could have faked that screenshot of a tweet."

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/mar/04/rachel-maddow/what-trump-said-encourage-covid-19-vaccine-use/

20-Apr-21
First, it is called FREEDOM, which has been stripped away from us over the last 18 months. Second, check the CDC website for the real death rate and percentages. Over 6 months ago, the CDC released their data, and it was quickly swept under the rug, you can go and check for yourself, but here is the rundown: 6 % of all deaths were purely from COVID 94% of all deaths were as a result of the patients having 2.6 or between 2 and 3 SEVERE underlying conditions, which include, but not limited to cancer, heart disease, COPD, pulmonary issues, liver disease, asthma, obesity, diabetes, and auto immune disorders. If a patient was in hospice with days hours to live, the patient's death was listed as COVID. A construction worker fell 6 stories and died, his death was listed as COVID. the list goes on and on. This was a manufactured plan to dismantle the economy and cripple our country. We have never had a reaction to ANY bugaboo , EVER. They tried with H1N1, SARS, MERS, (all corona type viruses BTW), Ebola, and the fear mongering didn't work. The Flu affects 60 million people a year in the USA, and kills 80,000, yet we never shut down the country, we forced to wear masks, and destroy people's lives. And just where was the flu this year. You're going to try to tell me that the flu just disappeared, ha! How about that the testing is not accurate, that the results are doubled and even tripled in some cases, false positives are reported a positives, and even positive anti-body tests results are reported as positives. Wake up sheeple, Lenin is knocking on your door!

20-Apr-21
Pat, this is a hunting site not a community forum site. Why don’t you do us all a favor and hit the button ? If I wanted to see this political BS talk I’d log on to CNN.

20-Apr-21
TD? This time it's 'Tom Dougherty' from Hawaii?

LMAO!

20-Apr-21
How many branch Covidians are taking vacations , fishing or hunting out of their area and killing someone else’s grandma?

20-Apr-21
People aren't going back to work they make more off the endless Government tit.The pandemic was politicized very effectively.

20-Apr-21
Wow Roper how about just not click on it geez wah wah. It’s Ted Nugent therefore on a bow hunting forum. Don’t you have something real to bitch about?

20-Apr-21
Hmmm. A thread involving noncontroversial topics like COVID and Ted Nugent? Where's my ten-foot pole? No way I'm getting dragged into this dog-eat-dog free for all. :)

20-Apr-21

Matt's Link
Ricky, I stand corrected. He apparently made one request buried in a tweet for the American public to get vaccinated.

I do agree with Fauci that it was an opportunity missed when Trump did not publicly disclose the fact that he was vaccinated *if* in fact it was his perspective to encourage US citizens to do so.

Al Dente, I had seen that analysis before suggesting that there were lots of other factors involved in COVID deaths, but my person perspective is that is not the right way to interpret the data. While the CDC's data does suggest only 5% of COVID deaths list COVID as the only cause of death, it is a mistake to infer the other 95% of deaths were not due to COVID as some of the most prevalent factors beyond COVID are things caused by/associated with COVID (e.g. pneumonia, respiratory failure, renal failure, sepsis, blood clots, stroke).

20-Apr-21
Get well, Nuge!

20-Apr-21
More people under 50 died of strokes in 2020 than Covid. 70,000 vs less than 24,0000

20-Apr-21
I'm stoked!

20-Apr-21
Probably from dressing out high fence animals....

20-Apr-21
I’m with ya Roper. Seems like every thread turns into a political shit show.

20-Apr-21
Roper by a dozen

20-Apr-21
corn pop was a bad dude

at least the border is swell and ted still draws a crowd

unity, at last

20-Apr-21
From the sounds of it, he should have crawled back in his hole, posted a lot of social media stuff proclaiming his righteousness for doing so, and await your approval to live his life?

20-Apr-21
"More people under 50 died of strokes in 2020 than Covid. 70,000 vs less than 24,0000"

COVID doesn't kill a lot of young people... It's always been an older-person killer.

20-Apr-21
"It is primarily due to the US being 40% morbidly obese and the other comorbidities like diabetes, high blood pressure ETC."

That 40%+ stat is obese, not morbidly obese (100# over optimal weight).

20-Apr-21
Get well soon Ted! We need ya! Will be praying for you to get better soon!

Get over this Chinese virus and no issues catching it or giving it afterwards!

Isn’t it great how God made us with an immune system that does this!

20-Apr-21
IMO...Uncle Ted isn't a perfect person but he has done a lot of good promoting hunting and the outdoors over the decades.

21-Apr-21
Lots of user names on this thread who haven't been around Bowsite too long, maybe they should go away again...

21-Apr-21
Pat, this is a hunting site not a community forum site. Why don’t you do us all a favor and hit the button ? If I wanted to see this political BS talk I’d log on to CNN.

This Topic has been locked. Thank you.

• Sitka Gear