Rut Nut 02-Aug-21
Pete In Fairbanks 03-Aug-21
Nick Muche 03-Aug-21
JL 03-Aug-21
JL 03-Aug-21
JL 03-Aug-21
Hancock West 03-Aug-21
31-Jul-21
I don't watch these Alaska reality shows, but was in and establishment the other day and they had History's Mountain Men on and this guy shot a feral bull on an Alaskan Island... I'm like really, you can kill these feral cattle anytime on one of these islands?

31-Jul-21

JohnMC's Link
This guy a bowsite sponsor I believe offers hunts for them. See old thread attached.

31-Jul-21
I watched the same episode. Pretty cool way to get meat.

31-Jul-21
The guy's "boat" is kind of interesting to me! Too bad it doesn't have wings and can fly! Those islands look kind of inhospitable to me, at least some of those rocky coast lines.

31-Jul-21
I watched that too, and I was also surprised when he drove his boat up onto the shore. I’m not much of a “reality” show fan, but I do watch this one.

01-Aug-21
I caught that episode where he hunted in the Trinity Islands - would have been on Sitkinak Ranch. They may run wild but are privately owned livestock. https://alaskameat.com/

Adak Caribou hunts on a different island and from my research it would be a much better experience. I did contact him this year, but he told me he will not be offering this hunt in 2021.

02-Aug-21
They hunt some feral cattle out of Sand Point, AK and is generally on corporation land

02-Aug-21
I watch that show at times. That guy is a brown bear guide. Can't say as I'd like to live like he does, alone with his dog, but his boat is cool! Solves problems about beaching the boat during tidal changes, he also used it to go over a land bridge to a pond.

02-Aug-21

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
On Kodiak roaming around at the end of the road.

02-Aug-21
"On Kodiak roaming around at the end of the road." -- more livestock.

02-Aug-21
Anybody have a picture of his boat? I don’t get the history channel so haven’t seen this guy.

02-Aug-21

Toothpick's embedded Photo
Toothpick's embedded Photo

02-Aug-21
I saw a couple feral cow bowhunts that were some fella in Mexico a year or so ago.. These critters were extremly dangerous & the hunts I saw were in thick crap & lots of cactus..

02-Aug-21
Rut Nut, that's good picture of the boat and when he gets in the water the front wheel folds up to the front and the back wheels fold out behind the boat. I don't know if it's electric motor or some kind of hydraulic system? Also think there are some "wild bulls" in Australia?

02-Aug-21
Wow! Not what I was picturing at all-thanks guys! Looks pretty ingenious!

03-Aug-21
The "wonderfulness" of that boat wears off about the time you realize how many mechanical things can go wrong with all the additional systems!

Pete

03-Aug-21
That boat is owned by Mike Horstman, funny guy and he loves that thing! I've spent many late nights up talking with him, he's one of the good ones.

There are several places in Alaska to hunt Feral Cows, my friends do it every year. They say it gets pretty western.

03-Aug-21
Can ya get a P&Y or B&C feral cow?? :-)

03-Aug-21

JL's Link
Here's a 2018 article on hunting feral cattle.

03-Aug-21

JL's Link
FYI only.....a 2008 USDA article on the feral cattle.

03-Aug-21
i watched that episode the other nights. Slick way of doing things

• Sitka Gear