DL 01-Sep-21
DL 01-Sep-21
DL 01-Sep-21
SDHNTR(home) 01-Sep-21
'Ike' 01-Sep-21
elkmtngear 01-Sep-21
Jaquomo 01-Sep-21
19-Aug-21
Of course with opening weekend approaching…Closures taking affect in some areas from what I’m hearing…That and things are blowing up out there, with new fires in El Dorado County along with Lake County…

19-Aug-21
Wasn’t “opening week” about a month ago in California?

19-Aug-21
A zone, Nick…

23-Aug-21
By the end of deer season there won’t be any forest left to hunt.

24-Aug-21
BLM is open

25-Aug-21
Been in contact with a friend near Sacramento. His family has multiple acreages up towards auburn area. Last year several different law enforcement agencies warned them if they were out on the property and started a fire they would be sued for the cost of fighting it.

25-Aug-21
I heard greenies have turned to arson to push their climate change green new deal agenda........

25-Aug-21

Alexis Desjardins's embedded Photo
Alexis Desjardins's embedded Photo
The young fellow got it done tonight 396 nice bear.

25-Aug-21
A new fire in calavares county started a few hours ago near New Melones and Parrots Ferry. Another fast moving fire. News reported that only 13% of fire prevention was completed by Cal Fire. Newsom had said quite the opposite months back. Better hope he gets recalled because the plan is for him to run for President in 2024 with his aunt Pelosi’s help.

29-Aug-21
Fire in D15

01-Sep-21
I’ve been seeing pictures of huge California bucks on the move. Also videos of 6+ very nice bucks mid to high20” and tall.

01-Sep-21

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
There were several that went through this video already plus there are bucks moving through in the trees behind them.

01-Sep-21

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Safety in towns.

01-Sep-21
I own a cabin on a FS land lease in our local mountains. It’s rained quite a bit the last several days and no fires anywhere in the region. Yet I am banned from accessing my cabin. This has happened before and we’ve always had an exemption to access our cabin, but not this year for some reason. The FS’ reasoning is that they are spread so thin with all assets and resources in NorCal that they can’t provide any services down here, so they just closed all forests.

Except the Humbolt Toiyabe, which encompasses a lot of Eastern Sierra. That region is an incredibly dangerous tinder box right now having experienced the worst of the drought but that Forest stays open because the majority of it is in Nevada? Apparently forest fires know state lines now?

I sympathize with the Forest Service and what they are up against in CA, but putting a little more logic behind the policy would be nice.

01-Sep-21
From Cal-Fire to the Media idiots...

Current Issues with Media, California Penal Code 409.5 Placerville – The El Dorado County Sheriff, Amador County Sheriff, Alpine County Sheriff, CAL FIRE, and USDA Forest Service appreciate the vast majority of media partners who have cooperated with deputies and fire personnel and acted responsibly during this fire incident. It has come to our attention that a few members of the media have been impeding the progress of the firefighting efforts and going on to private property without permission of the property owner. This activity cannot and will not be tolerated. Action will be taken if it persists.

01-Sep-21
Sierra Pacific instituted closure on all their lands (and all associated private timberlands) about a month back. No driving in, no walking in. They have always kept their lands open for hunting, it's part of their mission statement.

Since they own the lion's share of all the land up here, it's been interesting. We found a couple of unmarked roads last weekend, and saw one legal buck (Dixie Fire is about 20 miles SE of our position right now). Temperatures and smoke have been horrendous.

It'll be a miracle, if I can put a buck in the freezer before I leave for my CO elk hunt. That being said, I had a beauty under my treestand on some private land on Sunday AM...no shot opportunity :^(

01-Sep-21
They did that to us here in CO last year even after the fire was basically out. Closed off tens of thousands of acres not affected by the fires at all. I get the "better safe than sorry" mindset of govt officials, but in this case, keeping with the mixed metaphor cliche theme, they threw the baby out with the bathwater.

• Sitka Gear