Brun 23-Aug-21
Jaquomo 23-Aug-21
19-Aug-21

HuntersDomain's embedded Photo
Archery Deer Tags Colorado units 3, 4, 5, 14, 214, 301, 441

HuntersDomain's Link
For sale quantity of 4 - Colorado Archery Deer tags unit wide. Good in all the following units on public ground. Units 3, 4, 5, 14, 214, 301, 441 $600 each or discount for 2 or more. At HuntersDomain we are excited to become a BowSite Sponsor.

20-Aug-21

HuntersDomain's Link
For sale quantity of 4 - Colorado Archery Deer tags unit wide. Good in all the following units on public ground. Units 3, 4, 5, 14, 214, 301, 441 $600 each or discount for 2 or more. At HuntersDomain we are excited to become a BowSite Sponsor.

20-Aug-21
Are you allowing access to your private properties, as the voucher rules stipulate?

20-Aug-21
Yes, I am curious as well. I have hunted 3 a few times. Some nice bucks around.

20-Aug-21
Well?

21-Aug-21
Lou, I guess that was a tough question. Personally, I’d like to see this voucher system go away.

Matt.

21-Aug-21
Lou are you interested in the hunt or just busting his balls? Either is fine.

I doubt a $600 voucher comes with 10,000 acres to hunt.

21-Aug-21
I think the $600 requires a minimum of 160 to hunt though per CPW law Quinn

22-Aug-21
Quinn, just gigging Jimmy to see if this is on the up-and-up. Vouchers stipulate that permission to hunt the property comes with the voucher issued to that property.

We have a little history around his ranch and on Bowsite so I enjoy pinging him now and then.

22-Aug-21
I’ve seen some of his tags that seem too inexpensive to be true actually end up being PLO tags where he states specifically that while you can hunt the issuing property, there may not be animals on it for various reasons so you best have other property access secured. Could be the case here.

22-Aug-21
Sure seems to me he’s working on screwing people maybe jaq is just giving him a hard time but I’d like to know if he’s trying to bend people over. He doesn’t seem bothered to answer that either….

22-Aug-21
My dealings with jimmy have admittedly been limited, but he seemed like a straight shooter. Communicated well, and did exactly what he said he would do. He’s been around doing this too long to be a shyster.

22-Aug-21
Well, I reported him for posting thousands of acres of BLM with Hunters Domain No Trespassing signs, and they made him take them down and move them back to his property boundaries a couple days later. He complained to a neighbor about us, and she told him he should know better because everyone has a GPS with a chip these days. Then he came on Bowsite and claimed he "only" mistakenly posted something like 120 acres. When I posted a screen shot of the map showing how many sections of public land he tried to close off, he never replied back.

That he won't clarify whether these vouchers include the private land is kind of fishy... I appreciate that he's now a Bowsite sponsor, but this is something he needs to address since he said in the OP that the vouchers were good for "public ground".

22-Aug-21
Oooohhhh. Ima stay outta this one. I got no dog in the fight.

22-Aug-21
Ya, me either. I just want to make sure anyone interested in these vouchers also knows that private land access comes with them, by law, besides public land in the units. CPW can tell you how much land is accessible per voucher by how large the blocks are that are enrolled in the ranch eligibility program.

I know this because I used to do the enrollment paperwork and annual voucher apps for a 45,000 acre ranch.

In other words, if the ranch has 11,000 acres enrolled to get the max number of vouchers (19 each for deer, elk, and pronghorn), you get access to all 11,000 acres. The landowner can't just say, "Oh, you can hunt that 40 over there".

22-Aug-21
Wow to be able to buy elk voucher every year for Co GMU 2.

Outside my pay grade

23-Aug-21
When I hunted unit 2, a couple from Evergreen area bought it every year for $10K (if Jimmy got the voucher), alternated hunting between the two of them. Not sure what it goes for these days.

23-Aug-21
I've seen other folks advertising the same thing, vouchers without private land access. Not legal, but folks buy them anyway.

Would like to hear his reply also since he's advertising vouchers.

23-Aug-21
I received a reply from the Hunters Domain coordinator - "You would need to have other ground to hunt because the ranch has no deer on it". I asked whether the requirements for a voucher included having a huntable population of deer. Crickets.

From the Landowner Preference requirements - "must have a history of game damage or a huntable population of the species being applied for".

So I dunno...but I have a call in to the CPW Landowner Coordinator.

23-Aug-21
Tags need to be legit, with the legal access required, or shut the damn guy down and stop the LO's from being issued tags in the first place.

23-Aug-21
You can hunt the ranch. At least they were honest that there are no deer on it. I'll give them that.

23-Aug-21
I would guess that some deer migrate on to the ranch. I think that would qualify the property, especially if they do some winter damage. I bet that is what you will hear from the Landowner Coordinator, I'm interested to hear what you find out....On another note, I have helped several friends get Landowner Tags from Jimmy. In each case the hunts were as advertised. Two were Unit Wide, one was Private Land Only. That's a very small sample size, but those are facts.

23-Aug-21
I believe it is the CO's job to validate the original application for the LO vouchers to confirm the property has the species the vouchers are being issued for?

It also could be 160 acres of overgrazed pasture full of prairie dog towns without a blade of grass on it.

23-Aug-21
I think you are right on both counts Quinn. I'm curious to to see if Jaq gets a response from CPW.

23-Aug-21
Nothing yet from CPW, but since HD admitted there were no deer on the ranch, that's good enough for me. But they haven't answered my question asking whether the ranch is supposed to have deer to qualify for vouchers. I know another landowner who gets a couple vouchers every year in eastern CO, and he only has an occasional deer wandering through since he overgrazes it with cattle.

Seems like from my past experience doing this that the WCOs are really lenient about verifying anything because they want to have good relationships with the ranchers, and most of the vouchers go to nonresident$, which makes the CPW folks in Denver real happy.

• Sitka Gear