rattling_junkie 02-Apr-22
Rgiesey 02-Apr-22
Mark Watkins 03-Apr-22
BowJangles 05-Apr-22
APauls 06-Apr-22
rattling_junkie 07-Apr-22
DanaC 08-Apr-22
29-Mar-22
The average size of bears taken in this video are 7 plus feet , with a few 21" Booners taken as well. Come on spring!

29-Mar-22
Nice bears

31-Mar-22
It was fun putting the old footage together.

31-Mar-22
this gets a guy fired up

31-Mar-22
Man, I can’t wait for my trip to Stickflingers!!

31-Mar-22
Goes to show, you know a big bear when you see it!

31-Mar-22
38 days and counting down here. Can’t friggin wait to get to Manitoba!

31-Mar-22
Awesome

31-Mar-22
Good stuff, David! Can’t wait to see what Noah and the crew put on the ground this year!

31-Mar-22
David, whats your favorite week up there?

31-Mar-22
That's awesome stuff David. Great job on the compilation!

Jason, David and Ryan bear hunt a heck of a lot more than me, but I liken bear hunting a lot to deer. If you want to kill a decent or smaller bear that can happen literally anytime. Seems like for big bears I find best time is early on they can be patterned, and later the rut is amazing for bringing boars in during daylight that are nocturnal, or roamers you didn't know were around. You may also have homebody bears that run killable right through from April to June. Kind of like you can have a big buck hitting the same field Sep through to November.

So in that way "favourite" can change. One year you've got a big boar patterned early and it's the way to do it. Next year you want to experience the rut and that craziness where nothing is guaranteed. But in MB you'll have good bears right through the season. And so much depends on the bait site. Great bait sites are always great. But they are great because they are not average.

Many guys don't like hunting the week of green-up. That varies a bit year to year as well. So that's my MB experience. But like I said, there are a number of guys whose experience counts more than mine, and who I would suggest listening to more than myself.

31-Mar-22
What an awesome video, you guys have some giants!

31-Mar-22
Great bears for sure

31-Mar-22
Big bears are so cool. Ryan, David and Carcus sure do get it done a bunch. Thx for posting the vid..

31-Mar-22
Giant bears!!! WOW

31-Mar-22
So where is your favorite spot to aim? I saw a lot of the MoM shots- middle of the middle which I have come to like a lot.

31-Mar-22
Adam I agree on all you said! Different areas in the province will be better at different times as well. I've definitely been fortunate to be mentored by a couple of the best bear hunters in Manitoba!

31-Mar-22
So enjoyed this David! Did you get all the Manitoba celebs into one video!?

31-Mar-22
My kind of thread!!! I love it!!!

01-Apr-22
Some good memories there! Hopefully the snow starts melting here soon, still looks like full on winter

01-Apr-22
Enjoyed the video. The problem with it is my hunt isn't until next month, and you have me all excited right now!

01-Apr-22
Some toads bears taken. Thanks for sharing.

01-Apr-22
Some real toads....wow!

02-Apr-22
Not having hunted bears yet, just wondering what you all would prefer to shoot, black, blonde or cinnamon?

02-Apr-22
I’ve only shot one black bear, so far. It was black. Carcus shot my dream bear several years ago. It was cinnamon/brown, melon headed toad, with a huge white “V” on his chest.

02-Apr-22
Muddyboots I feel your pain!...I don't mind the color, as long as it's big!

02-Apr-22
Amazing bunch of footage. I’ve done a lot of bear hunting but if I I had videoed my footage wouldn’t have made your tape. Unbelievable

03-Apr-22
Amazing BIG bears and footage!

Nicely done!

Mark

05-Apr-22
Literally just booked my flights! Can't wait to see the crew!

06-Apr-22
T-Roy Carcus pretty much shoots everyone's dream bear every year lol. You can set your watch by it. I'm not sure if Derlago has also gotten bored of shooting Booners. The only reason I only give Heppner a 99% chance of whacking a giant this spring is because he is going to be distracted with his son and videoing other guys! HA ha. We've got some non-bowsite buddies that are serious bear killers.

07-Apr-22
Love it Adam!

08-Apr-22
re APauls "Many guys don't like hunting the week of green-up. "

Could you explain that? Thanks

• Sitka Gear