Pop-r 27-May-22
BULELK1 28-May-22
MQQSE 28-May-22
stringgunner 28-May-22
MQQSE 28-May-22
PushCoArcher 28-May-22
stringgunner 29-May-22
15-May-22
Good luck to all. Should go down this week.

15-May-22
Thursday should be the day. Looking forward to hunting in Wyoming this year. I should have my general tag no problem and hoping for a type 6 cow tag to go along.

15-May-22
Good luck!

15-May-22

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo
Alas, my days of hunting out of state are over, but I still have wonderful memories of antelope hunting in Wyoming. Good luck guys !

16-May-22
I have already applied for the draw, but I thought you have until May 31st.

16-May-22
For Lopes and Deer…

16-May-22
I'm leaving for Wyo this early AM for the week.

I won't be able to check my Elk Results until I get home.

I don't log in to any accounts while using out of network/vacation Cabin rentals WiFi for personal acct's.

Good luck All, Robb

16-May-22
Not sure I could have the same restraint Robb

16-May-22
Good luck to all hunters.

16-May-22
Robb only operates out of the Bat Cave!

16-May-22
Drycreek that buck was eating good!

16-May-22
I’m in for a general tag. Should draw it hopefully. It’s been a few years since I’ve hunted elk and will be my first trip to Wyoming.

16-May-22
11 years in the waiting! Fingers crossed...

16-May-22
So Wyoming and Nevada both should come out this week?

16-May-22
Pop-r, my family was eating good too ! ;-)

16-May-22
Very possible Bake!

17-May-22
How does WY let you know if you drew? Just check yourself or do they send out email if successful?

17-May-22
They don't email results. They sometimes send an email notice that results are available on their website.

17-May-22
Website says May 18th at 8 am.

17-May-22
Just checked the G&F website sure enough looks like it'll be a day early. Goodluck tomorrow guy's.

17-May-22
14 points , I hope it won’t be 15 Next year .

18-May-22
Another swing and a miss.

18-May-22
Unsuccessful for general tag with 1 point special. 0 for everything this year.

18-May-22
negative

18-May-22

Old Bow 's embedded Photo
 Old Bow 's embedded Photo

18-May-22
I’ll be in the mountains come September chasing elk!

18-May-22
No go.

18-May-22
I’m in!!! My first elk hunt, only took 12 years to get enough points to go where I’ve been wanting:)

18-May-22
Looks like me and my cuz drew unit 40 type 9 tag. Should be epic.

18-May-22
Back to Wyoming!

18-May-22
Got my tag can't wait to get back to Wyoming. From what I'm hearing 4 points didn't guarantee drawing in regular draw.

18-May-22
"From what I'm hearing 4 points didn't guarantee drawing in regular draw"

And...3 points didn't guarantee drawing in the Special...no love from Wy !! .

18-May-22
Nada!

18-May-22
Somehow I didn't draw a tag that had leftovers last year.

I ran a probability formula. For the amount of iterations I have been applying for tags and their % of success. I had a 90% chance of a successful iteration but no dice. On to idaho draw.

18-May-22

18-May-22
My buddy and his marine vet son drew type 9 tags in 11 for elk. Not a far run for me to do some boots on the ground scouting for them. If any BS'er here has any info they don't mind dropping on me via PM.....please share as this is a one and done for these boys. I could have drawn with them but letting my points go and going to spend the rest of my time capturing elk via camera since I SUCK at capturing them with an arrow. LOL

18-May-22
I guess 11 years is not a long enough wait.... let's see if 12 does it next year! Bummer!

18-May-22
No dice for me with 5 points in a unit that took 2 to draw 3 years ago.

18-May-22
pm sent jordan.

18-May-22
Cow hunting 2022

18-May-22
The draw odds are out. 4 points was 12% odds in the regular general tag. 3.5 was 45% in the special general.

18-May-22
Push: <4 points was 12%, 4 points was 100% draw for General.

18-May-22
Wow. No love for me with 12 points. The last 3 years I “should” have drawn this unit but point creep is killing me every year. Such a bummer. Good for WY I guess but bad for me. I have been resisting cashing in the points on a general tag as I have so many years invested but I am going to have to seriously rethink that strategy. Not looking like I am going to catch up so maybe time for a general hunt next year.

18-May-22
Fingers crossed for Colorado now!

18-May-22
Didn’t draw with 4 points in general for me.

18-May-22
I haven't looked at them but they're saying 4 points is a 100% deal. It's odd how many people get mixed up with how many they think they have and how many they actually have. Not saying you have FFZY yet but I would have thoight 4 would draw for sure.

18-May-22
Can someone add a link to the draw odds. I am not seeing it on the WY website.

18-May-22

wyobullshooter's Link

18-May-22

wyobullshooter's Link
Here ya go. Don’t know why the double post.

FFZY, as has been previously posted, 4PP’s was a 100% draw, so I’d definitely double check how many points you had going into the draw. Did you happen to apply as a party with anyone that had less points than you?

18-May-22
“If any BS'er here has any info they don't mind dropping on me via PM”

Hope you realize they are gonna BS you just as you requested? :-)

18-May-22
unit 35 elk for me.

anyone know of ranch that area west and south of Buffalo Wy. allows DIY access for a price?

Thanks

18-May-22
Thank you Wyobull. My odds are decreasing each year. Last year I had a 55% chance with my points and this year 40% with an additional point. Not looking good to ever catch up. I need to cash in next year and get out of this game. So sad as I love to elk hunt WY. Grateful for all the past years I drew and the amazing memories.

18-May-22
Steve some other areas are worthy of your PP, don't waste them on a general license unless you plan to share your PP with a good friend or family.

18-May-22
I'm in with a general tag!

18-May-22
You may be right Kirby. But I've found folks who have been around and know ya are willing to share "some" info and that is better than none. Hell...I've been generous more often than not for the hands I know and will continue to be. Roll the way your stone wants to........

18-May-22
Unsuccessful for everything except cow tag. And I really wanted my wife to draw that one since she won't draw our unit in CO this year. I may not either now with creep. Oh well, at least I'm hunting something for sure this season.

18-May-22
so I just bought the conservation stamp, and the archery license. Is there anything else a guy needs?

18-May-22
Successful in drawing a general tag. Now to be successful in filling the general tag.

18-May-22
Sivart, ORV permit if you have a wheeler. Apply for any walk-in areas you might want to hunt.

18-May-22
Make sure and get the MVUV for the area you are hunting and follow it.......just because a road "looks" open does not mean that it is open.

18-May-22
Back to Wyoming.

18-May-22
Atta baby Bob!

18-May-22
"You may be right Kirby. But I've found folks who have been around and know ya are willing to share "some" info and that is better than none. Hell...I've been generous more often than not for the hands I know and will continue to be. Roll the way your stone wants to........"

jordan, I was just joking about your terminology "BSer" as in 'he's such a bullsh!ter' is all. I too share tons of info to guys who draw behind me and ask for a lot as well when I draw. A key reason, among several, to ever log in to a hunting forum

18-May-22

Mule Power's embedded Photo
Mule Power's embedded Photo
Back to the cowboy state.

18-May-22
good job

18-May-22
Congrats to all that drew!

18-May-22
Back to the Bighorns type 9. Drew second choice first time. First choice next year and now 12 years later. Same unit. Rough times!

Good luck boys and girls.

18-May-22
I drew a general tag with 4 points.

18-May-22
Headed back to bighorns again this year. Luckily brother in law drew tag with 8 points. Let's hope for a good moisture year.

18-May-22
Unit 41 I'll be seeing you soon!! Love hunting in the Bighorns......

19-May-22
Struck out with 13 points. Insane 3 point creep in the unit I applied for. So frustrating. No luck in Utah either.

19-May-22
I got NV left, and may apply for WY antelope. Otherwise I've struck out across the board this year.

And my elk hunting buddy's wife is pregnant with their 4th, due in September. . . . I told him that's not a valid excuse not to go elk hunting

19-May-22
Some guys need to get their priorities straight, Bake!

They also need to know how to count 9 months!

19-May-22
Robb going fishing anywhere in WY. Please let know. Thanks

21-May-22
Yup, I'll be Dangling a Worm!! haha

Happy for you all the drew, sorry to those that didn't ~~Dang it

Joe, I'll toss ya my Bow dates and maybe we can grab a Steak in Alpine--------->

So, I'm getting right about $700.00 Refund and my 2nd choice RP Cow/calf tag...........keeping my string of 15 outta 17 years hunting then Dang elk in Wyoming.

Maybe pick up a RP cow tag in the Left Over list for my NER option??

I had a real fun week up in Wyoming this last week, Elk, deer, moose and a Blackie bear.

Good luck, Robb

21-May-22

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Some good news from Wyoming!!

21-May-22
Ah hell Kirby....I am too dense to understand that nuanced a humor. ;)

BS'ers are the bestest.

21-May-22
Lou no Laramie hippie chicks this year? Lol Probably best anyway with the new hip and all…..

21-May-22
Crazy the point creep. Congrats to all that drew!

Wonder when Wyoming pulls the rug out from NR's for elk like they did with Moose and Sheep and drops the allocation to 10% of available tags? Then it will take 12 years to draw a General tag.

21-May-22
I’ll pay $1300 for a cow tag before I stay home and don’t hunt.

21-May-22
Joe, I got a RP cow tag close to home, do at least I'll be hunting in WY. But I really wanted my hippie chick wife to draw it instead of me. She'll have to be content to mow down a couple deer. Yesterday she shot 1" groups with her .308 at 200 yards.

21-May-22
$1268 for a cow tag? Yikes

21-May-22
No, that was an app for the special general random draw. Cow tag is way less.

22-May-22
WapitiBob… we might be related. To not hunt elk is to not live!

22-May-22
I have bowhunted big game in CO for 50 straight years. Due to point creep, this might be the first year I don't draw any tags. I could still brave the OTC hordes, but I'd rather hunt a cow in WY. Don't need any more antlers hanging from the garage rafters, and my dog has a many lifetimes supply of elk antler chews now.

22-May-22
I hear you. I’ve never hunted Colorado. But I’ve heard enough about otc areas there and never will. I think I’d get more irritated than anything and so a more peaceful cow hunt would definitely be better. Aside from the elk themselves it’s elk country that I love. So next year with the way things are looking I’m going to step aside from the rat race of trying to get another Wyoming elk tag and burn my deer points in region G. It’s still elk country and way up high above timberline I think it’ll be peaceful enough. And who knows maybe I’ll find a giant.

22-May-22
I think the next time I don't draw a tag I might go to Utah for a spike hunt and hunt with my recurve.

I also have deer points that I plan to burn in Wyoming Region G in the next few years.

23-May-22
BigMike-----> I just applied for G.

I can overlap elk and hunt both.....

No 2nd Choice Whitetail buck for me though, as I'm in for Iowa and those mid-November dates are to valuable to share in 2 states!!

Good luck, Robb

23-May-22
I drew a GEN....went in with 7 points, yah I know a waste of points. I am done with the point creep crap. I know I am hunting this September instead of collecting another point. I will hunt GEN hopefully every 4 years.

25-May-22
By the time you get 4 more points it will take 7.

Short of luck in the random, your probably not hunting wy again.

25-May-22
PREZ, I really don’t think you sold yourself short. I’ll be jumping ship same as you next year with 8. Only I’ll be sharing my points with a buddy. I researched a lot and found 5-9 points to be no man’s land. Not sitting around another 5 years only to have points devalued like for sheep & moose this year.

25-May-22
Don't think you'll have to wait 5 years....

"On Tuesday Morning, Dr. Shaffer presented the outline of a "Grand Compromise" his subcommittee would work on and brink back to the full WWTF at the June 8-9 meeting:

Eliminate the current 7,250 cap on nonresident elk tags and go to regional management of elk for nonresident hunters similar to how deer are managed now.

50% Special Outfitter Draw - so 50% of all nonresident limited quota deer, elk and antelope tags, and 50% of elk nonresident general tags would only be available to nonresident hunters who had committed to use an outfitter

90/10 tag allocation for all deer, elk and antelope units with a 30% or less resident hunter draw odds

3-year wait period for resident hunters who draw a high demand limited quota tag - with "high demand" being 30% or less draw odds. Hunters would be able to purchase general tags during the wait period and/or apply for limited quota tags in hunt areas that were not "high demand" in terms of draw odds (31% or greater odds).

24-hour resident hunter head start for leftover tags

Increase nonresident tag prices across the board to offset any budget shortfalls caused by the above changes"

25-May-22
Nice, catering to the outfitters again as usual.

25-May-22
Problem is they don't have enough quality outfitters to take on that load. Sure the WYOGA will say they do. They get anything they want. Any of the good ones are booked out years now so how's this going to help? Only thing it will do is drive the prices up. Maybe I need to change careers and go to work for one of them as there's going to be plenty of money to go around.

25-May-22
I can tolerate all recommendations except Outfitter carve outs. NR DIY gets screwed, again.

25-May-22
With 15 points I’ll just burn them on a good archery unit only

25-May-22
Additionally:

Jennifer Doering reported that 29,345 nonresident hunters applied for elk tags in 2022, which was up 8.39% from 2021 and up a staggering 34% since 2019.

Doering also reported that eliminating the existing 7,250 cap on nonresident elk tags would result in approximately 1,000 additional nonresident general season elk tags.

25-May-22
Bob, save me some research if you have any idea please. How many elk hunters will hire an outfitter in WY out of those 29,345? I know it's a guess at this point but...

25-May-22
You can thank social media for the 34% spike since 2019.

25-May-22
Pop-r, if Bob’s proposals all get passed it’ll be 4,125.

Even if 1,000 more general tags are added, it’s becoming pretty obvious drawing in the Wyoming preference pool will be a once or twice in a lifetime thing going forward. And in the event things stay as is, the guys who think they’re going to dump points to get in an every four or five year general hunt routine are dreaming.

25-May-22
Those are the task force proposals. Pop I saw a commission meeting when they looked at changing the nr 7250 and a member mentioned that outfitters were getting about half of the nr LQ hunters back then.

25-May-22

25-May-22
Good luck to all this season

25-May-22
Well… I’m either establishing a Wyoming residency or making a deal with an outfitter. I’ll guide for a hunt or 2…..put me in the books. I can play the fkn game too! They’ll never stop me!

25-May-22
Never is a long time !!

26-May-22
KB i know what it will be. Or what tbey hope for it to be. IF they can handle it. I was just curious what it is now to help me determine whether they can handle it or not. If it's 1/2 now it won't go up but by about 500 or so so they could handle that maybe. I didn't know it was near that high now.

26-May-22
That’s right Hunt it is. In the end it’ll probably be my knees that stop me unless I get launched off of a horse and land on my head!

I killed 13 straight in the Bitterroot before I went back to hunting Wyoming. I’m 10 straight there now. But there’s a huge difference. In Montana I’d hunt the entire archery season and if I had to a month of rifle sometimes punching my tag Thanksgiving week. In Wyoming I’m done in 3-10 days. I’m not ready to give that up anytime soon. Whatever it takes. I might have to put a woodstove inside my buddy’s lawn shed and a mailbox outside of it with my name on it. “Joe’s Retirement Home”.

26-May-22
I need one of them buddies!

26-May-22
What a year. I’m in trouble. Too many tags and not enough time.

I was checking preference point totals and noticed my wife drew unit 100 elk. Time to be extra nice to her. She loves when she draws tags.

27-May-22
I may have to start applying for my wife, my mother and sisters.

28-May-22
Adam ~~I'm thinking about doing 1 of my photo/scouting threads in 100 this summer for a friend that drew from Alabama.

I'll keep ya posted so you can share it with your Mrs.

Good luck, Robb

28-May-22
That would be great Robb. Much appreciated.

My son drew unit 7, I drew Utah Muzzy elk and the wife drew unit 100. When it rains it pours sometimes. Good problem to have though.

28-May-22
MQQSE- I know area 7 pretty well. Hit me up if you want to compare notes.

28-May-22
Thanks Jeremy, I sent you a message.

28-May-22
Keep your eyes open guy's my tag was in the mail today.

29-May-22
Adam- I responded but not sure if it went through. Either way, sounds like your son is sitting in arguably the best possible scenario for his hunt. Good luck to him!

• Sitka Gear