Contributors to this thread:
'Ike' (Phone) 18-May-22
gobble50 18-May-22
'Ike' (Phone) 18-May-22
Tilzbow 19-May-22
'Ike' (Phone) 19-May-22
midwest 20-May-22
18-May-22
Anyone familiar with and results? Although they’ll be going for individual nerves, finally let them talk me into it…Lol! Described as a Cortisone shot for nerves! I did a epidural type block, but that was years ago and the results weren’t really noticeable, at least for me…

18-May-22
Had several of these injections for pain two years ago. Nothing worked. Zilch. Zero. Kept trying because I didn’t want back surgery - finally gave up and went to a brilliant back surgeon- he looked about age 15 but the results were fantastic- totally pain free now and no loss of motion. Sorry I put up with the pain for almost 2 years. Technically I think the surgery is called a laminectomy but my surgeon called it a decompression procedure. Basically removed arthritis gunk squeezing the nerves coming out of the spine and radiating pain down both legs. Post-op discomfort was nothing - doc prescribed hydrocodone but all I took was ibuprofen for a couple days. Next to my hip replacement this surgery was (medically) one of the best decisions I ever made. The injections work for some people and how long the results last varies by individual - but it’s not a cure and as I understand it, you have to keep getting the injections IF they work. Probably a doc on here that can better elaborate but this is just my experience. FYI - I’m age 71, can almost shoot my age in golf, snow ski in the winter, and still putting critters in the salt and mostly because of the miracles of modern medicine.

18-May-22
Outstanding Gobble, good to hear…I’ve got a rebuild pelvis and a fusion, plus fractures here and there on spin to neck…Most likely as you said arthritis and they even noted that, so we’ll see!

19-May-22
Ike,

I had two sets back in early November and late December in my lower lumbar spine (L5/S1) for pain in my butt, both hips and pain/tingling radiating down both legs but mostly on my right side. Both shots helped for a few weeks to a month. I later had an MRI and I’ve got a cyst on the right side, a bone spur on the left side and other more minor issues like arthritis and old discs. I’ve been dealing with the pain for years so I’m now meeting with a surgeon in a couple of weeks to discuss options and I’m hoping they can easily remove the cyst and bone spur so I can hunt effectively this fall. I do okay for a day in the mountains but after the first day the pain gets worse and worse.

19-May-22
Good luck on that Tiz...Yeah, we'll see how this works out! Lot of scar tissue and arthritis in there for sure!

20-May-22
Praying for the best, George and Scott.

• Sitka Gear