greenmountain 04-Apr-23
Lawdog 04-Apr-23
Woods Walker 04-Apr-23
Basil 04-Apr-23
Woods Walker 04-Apr-23
Jaquomo 04-Apr-23
Woods Walker 04-Apr-23
30-Mar-23
The only ban we need right now is a ban on politicians serving more than two terms...

30-Mar-23
HDE x2

30-Mar-23
Doesn't matter if it would work or not. Its an inaliable right and crucial to what made America successful. Its like saying we could ban free speech then no one would be offended and wouldn't decide to get back at the world by shooting kids until the cops come to suicide them.

The founders understood that as scary and as risky freedom can be, it is far better than what results when it's gone.

30-Mar-23
Serious question... where the "assault weapons" they used originally purchased by the original owner before 1994?

Can't find the info on them

30-Mar-23
^^^^ Serious answer... Didn't look, doesn't matter. The law on the books like many others DID NOT WORK!

30-Mar-23
When gov. Starts yelling I want them guns, is to escape the heat , are an election coming , and I want your vote. Mostly all about getting votes. And if you plan to fight a war with a ar you better get plenty of hostages to stand in front of you. You will be badly out gunned.

30-Mar-23
^^^ depends on who's facing the business end of the AR...

31-Mar-23
If they ban them, just identify as a Taliban member or being from a corrupt eastern European country. Our government trips over themselves to arm some people.

31-Mar-23
The Clinton ban had loopholes, which allowed makers to keep on making. And it had a 'sunset'. It also provided funding for 100,000 new police. If memory served nowhere near that number of new hires were done. I doubt any new ban would be written that way.

What it did 'succeed' in doing was make AR's, AK's etc. way more interesting to the gun rights folks, made them a rallying point, and made AR's and 30-round magazines jump in value.

Sometimes I wonder how many of them are even taken to the range once a year.

31-Mar-23
For over fifty years we have enacted gun control law after gun control law. Somehow government has people convinced than restricting the law abiding will solve the problem. It won't . If it was this simple we would pass a law banning murder. I don't have all of the answers but I do have a few thoughts. We should view government as a guardrail and not a problem solver. We need to teach people the value of life not just our way of life. We need to teach our citizens the value of growing things and building things. I have never met a person loading hay into the hay wagon I didn't like. I don't have an answer for a person who has no value on his/ her life. We have far too many in that category in this country right now. Maybe instead of yet another batch of laws we should be teaching people how to feel accomplishment.

31-Mar-23
Greenmountain, radicals always believe that there is a 'root' problem and a simple solution to every issue. Not surprising, as 'radical' comes from the Latin word for 'root'. Too bad for them that life is complicated and messy.

Hint - watch for the word 'just'. "If we just got rid of guns." "If we just gave everyone a million dollars." "If we just made pi equal to 3." "If we just killed all the (you name it.)"

31-Mar-23
Dana: You make a good point. The word just implies a single solution. You and I both know that the problem is complicated.

31-Mar-23
The a,st ban was on importation not possession. Any ban going through like the one passed here in Illinois would only ban the sale of. If you have one they want you to register it with the state police , yea right lol. So, once again the liberals want to pass a law with no teeth and will absolutely stop nothing. All they will do by trying to pass a ban is increase the amount of people who will go out and buy one. Nothing sells guns better than a democrate, if they gave a top salesman award away for gun sales the Dems would win everytime.

31-Mar-23
Any talk of an assault weapons ban has nothing to do with trying to prevent school shootings. It’s about disarming anyone in middle America that might be opposed to the ruling class political view . Need I remind everyone why British Troops went to Lexington and Concord, it was to confiscate the assault weapons of that time period, the muzzleloader.

31-Mar-23
Sbc... I know they were straw purchases but when did the gun show owner get them? What I mean is when did it go from manufacturer possession to first private citizen owner? Before 1994?

I get the point you are making but while bans arent perfect and they cant stop what's already in circulation they do mostly work at least on new production. Not that I'm suggesting a blanket ban

31-Mar-23
Asault rifle is something CNN dreamed up, it ain''t true, just a semi auto rifle been around over a hundred years. Any time the term is used is a lie.

31-Mar-23
"...the problem is complicated."

Not really. The problem is too many politicians that are fat, comfortable, and lazy sucking on the teat of the American taxpayer. You want to make changes, start there...

31-Mar-23
Our right to arms isn't about duck guns and deer rifles. What people call "assault weapons" isn't something that doesn't fit, it's exactly the type of arms the government can't infringe upon.

31-Mar-23
"The only ban we need right now is a ban on politicians serving more than two terms..."

Four years before there was a 2nd Amendment, the framers of the Constitution considered how to correct a tyranical bent in the Federal government. The second clause of Article V gives the people a means to circumvent Congress and propose amendments to put the Federal government back into the box of the original enumeration of powers. An active movement is already underway and slightly half way to calling for a convention of states.

"It is never too soon to do good, because you never know how soon it will be too late." Oli Jacobson, missionary living in Alabama

The least you can do is sign the petition. Because the process is directed to ninety nine independent legislatures in the fifty states, there is no possibility of a slight of hand or devious matters escaping notice of "We The People". A convention, a proposal then ratification process, insures that only that which meets the approval of the majority of American people will become an amendment. Some of you may have heard of the Equal Rights Amendment, it is history because the American people did not ratify it, despite popular support early on in the movement. The courts have long ago determined that it is no longer a pending issue. The movement tried various unconstitutional methods to revive it, but all have finally failed.

It is not too late to fix America using the tool given to us by the Framers. Go to the site, sign the petition, learn more about this valuable constitional process and then tell others. Your country needs YOU, NOW!

31-Mar-23
Assault weapons ban will absolutely work! ..when criminals will obey the law. They know this but we have enough folks naive enough to think it will work, and will vote for those that support it. Don't think Republicans won't cave in to it..just like they have in the past. The Constitution doesn't mean a thing on Capital Hill

31-Mar-23
The term "assault rifle" is/was perfect for the plan because there is no definition. It's just the scariest thing at the time. Right now it is the scary black semi-autos, but when they take things away one by one, an assault rifle will be a single shot 30-30 when that is all that is left.

31-Mar-23
Yes, by creating a title that is fluid, one by one, each firearm can be deemed "assault weapon". And since the general public is unfamiliar with firearms, "assault" sounds bad.

31-Mar-23
But...but...it LOOKS like an assault rifle! All black and scary......

31-Mar-23

12yards's Link
Is this an assault rifle? It isn't black and as scary?

31-Mar-23
Ask any politician if they got every anti-gun law they could hope for, would they unarm their personal security?

also, why does the secret service feel it’s necessary to go into a gun free zone and be armed to protect a Greasy politician,

Is a corrupt politician, more valuable than any of our kids ? I don’t think so

31-Mar-23
“Asault rifle is something CNN dreamed up, it ain''t true, just a semi auto rifle been around over a hundred years. Any time the term is used is a lie.”

Yeah, the same rifles that China Joe refers to as ‘machine guns’. He just does that because he knows his liberal followers will parrot his stupidity, regardless of weather they know what they’re talking about or not.

31-Mar-23
For me, the answer is simple. Gun-free zones are evil. If these folks knew they'd likely be killed on spot, this sort of atrocity would end overnight. We need to culturally restore good people casually carrying. An armed society is a polite society. Also, teachers should have secured weapons in their classrooms. The technology and knowledge exists to have a fully secured firearm in battery within seconds. Practically immediate response time = no victims.

31-Mar-23
They can pass every law they could possibly conceive in their Democrat n Republican minds put together..the only thing that will change is the fact that most folks carrying "assault weapons " will be the criminals. Unless I missed something the definition of a criminal is someone that has no regard for their fellow ctizens..and they don't care what laws are passed.

The Democrats don't even hide their Marxist/Communist agenda..the Republicans are just more Suttle with their tactics. It's all about control and to hell with the Constitution.

31-Mar-23
Having trained, armed security at a school, office, government building, or whatever is a PERFECT example of the old saying......

"I'd rather HAVE it and not NEED it, than to NEED it and NOT HAVE IT!!!"

31-Mar-23
It’s hard to get accurate info after a shooting, but I heard on the tube that the he/she had two other targets in mind, but they had security that he/she was evidently afraid of.

Dana C said “the gun rights folks”. Do you also say “the freedom of speech folks”, because that’s what you enjoy with your dumb assed comments. Feel free to exercise your First Amendment rights and the Second Amendment will no doubt be exercised as well.

31-Mar-23
Don, unfortunately some people won't get it until it's over and done.

Make no mistake, if Capital Hill can gain more control they will definitely do it..and those that are too naive to see it coming won't see it coming until its too late..and even after it's too late they will make excuses why it's ok to violate our God given rights acknowledged by our for fathers via the US Constitution.

31-Mar-23
Drycreek, sorry if my choice of words bothers you. Perhaps I should have said gun rights *activists* - as opposed to the gun owners who are apathetic and don't give a fig.

(And having spent a fair amount of time, money and effort fighting for gun rights in a liberal state, I consider myself one of those activists. You don't know me, sir.)

02-Apr-23
It's even simpler than that. If a person has an X and Y chromosome, and were born with male genitalia then they are MALE. If they have 2 X chromosomes and were born with female genitalia, then they are FEMALE. So simple that even a Democrat should be able to understand it.....should be... Unforunately we now have a SCOTUS judge who cannot comprehend this very basic fact, even thought she's GIVEN BIRTH!!!

02-Apr-23
I think we should have a ban on vehicles that will travel faster than 60 MPH, lots of folks getting injured/killed on US highways these days.

Bottom line..politicians want control, they know gun control doesn't work. It's the naive folks in the general public that believe gun control will work.

I'm not sure that many people want "real liberty" in the US. The Left wants to control us and the Right wants to control us. If we really want a society that is really free, we will have to be willing to tolerate a lot of things we disagree with..within reason.

An adult person that chooses to smoke 15 pounds of weed everyday should have that right..quit encarcerating folks for what they choose to put in their body. But, the moment an individual crosses that line with intent to harm another individual..then they step into a whole other domain.

George Bush, Republican, Gabe us some of the worse crap that ever came down the pike..so did a whole lot of other politicians from both sides of the fence.

There's a lot of things in our culture I will never agree with or condone, but as long as an individual doesn't harm or put another person in danger, it really isn't anyone's business.

To be honest, I'm more often offended by my own actions than I care to be. My desire is to look at this world from God's perspective but too often I fail in that regard.

Gun control, the drug war, high taxation, more government programs will not save America. Real change comes from the grass roots.

02-Apr-23
WW, a newspaper reporter wrote an OP-ed disguised as a "news story", in which he kept referring to multiple genders. I called him out on it with the chromosome-genitalia argument, and he got really twitchy, called me an anti-science bigot, and informed me that there are 52 known "genders", with more being discovered, and that my refusal to accept that made me nothing more than an ignorant, hateful old fool. The media wins the branding battle EVERY time.

02-Apr-23

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo

02-Apr-23
I read a Sky News article about the shooting shortly after it happened and they used they/them pronouns (not sure the shooter even used that). It was ridiculous trying read. If that was the only article someone had read they would be convinced there were multiple shooters.

04-Apr-23

Lawdog's Link
They (Congress) already know it didn't work and won't.

04-Apr-23
Hello Blake: Too many of us are of the opinion our politicians want to make our lives safer. There is little evidence to support this assertion . If they want to make our lives safer they would return firearms training to our schools and teach our kids to stay away from firearms if they don't know how to handle them safely. We would be teaching kids and parents responsibility for their actions. I could go on but I am preaching to the choir.

04-Apr-23
Yep. In 1969 my entire 7th grade class in Cheney, Washington took the gun safety course. We needed it to get a hunting license. I used to walk home from the college ROTC range with my rifle over my shoulder, and the bolt in my pocket. My friends and I would pool our allowance to buy a single box of .22s. We'd literally go out back of the house to shoot. You kept the gun until you missed and then passed it on to the next guy. There were no worries.

04-Apr-23
X2 Lawdog. I grew up in what at that time was the edge of the suburbs in norther New Jersey. I was in my high school's RIFLE CLUB! On the days that we met/shot, we'd take our rifles to the principal's office where they'd stay until after school when we'd meet.

I also went literally from playing with toy guns to shooting real ones in the course of just a few years. It was an HONOR and a badge of being "grown up" to know and ACT like you knew guns and how to handle them. Like you said, "no worries". A different time indeed........

04-Apr-23
Yes guys I’m from that time as well. Lots of us had guns in our vehicles to go hunting after work. No one blinked an eye. Brought my gun to school to do a speech on how to disassemble & clean. High school had a small caliber rifle range in the basement. It’s not the gun it’s the whack job who uses it for crime.

04-Apr-23
I graduated from high school in 1970. In my junior and senior years one of my hunting buddies and I ran a trapline before school. In those days we skinned EVEYTHING. I had a Case Trapper pocket knife (which I still have) that I learned to keep a razor sharp edge on. I had a biology class where we had to dissect a fetal pig. The "scapels" they gave us for that chore were SO dull that you couldn't cut a fart with them.

Sooo........I took my Case out and started using that and it did the job perfectly. The teacher came over and asked what I was doing so I told her and showed her. She asked what I used the knife for and I told her that too. She then asked if I could bring in blood samples of any of the animals we took when we started that part of the course and I said "sure"!

Fast forward to today.....I'd be in jail after they called the SWAT team to "disarm the terrorist" that was in the school!

In a lot of ways I'm glad I'm not young again in today's world.

04-Apr-23

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo

04-Apr-23
You got it Jaq. When it comes down to it, the reality is that YOU and only you are responsible for the safety and freedom of yourself and your family. All the police can do most of the time is find the bodies. Hopefully your's isn't one of them.

• Sitka Gear