Rut Nut 28-Apr-23
greenmountain 28-Apr-23
fuzzy 28-Apr-23
Owl 28-Apr-23
Corax_latrans 28-Apr-23
MA-PAdeerslayer 28-Apr-23
TonyBear 28-Apr-23
28-Apr-23
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/clear-the-shelters/animal-stories/chevy-chase-homeowner-nearly-pet-bear-he-mistook-for-neighbors-dog/3337615/?amp=1

28-Apr-23
He saw a bear in his yard and called the police. The story doesn't say if the bear was arrested. Lol

28-Apr-23
That’s not the best part! He couldn’t tell it was a bear until he got within “inches of it” and he almost pet it!(like a dog). Typical “Citiot!”

28-Apr-23
I have bears in my yard often . Bears are not the problem. People who put out tasty garbage out long before pick up day and those who feed them in their door yards are. My warden friends have a saying. "A fed bear is a dead bear".

28-Apr-23
Greenmountain same here.

28-Apr-23
"The homeowner, who did not want to be identified.."

Can hardly tell the difference between a bear and a dog, I cannot blame him.

28-Apr-23
So I guess the neighbor’s got a Newfie??

28-Apr-23
Owl I don’t blame him a bit….dope lol. Corax me and my friend were watching his bosses house one week and had some people over one night, we’re all having a good time and the cops show up to tell us to be careful cuz the neighbors called in a report of two bears eating their dogs food from their bowls outside….. it was the newfies we were watching hahahah. Cops died laughing when they saw the dogs back inside with us

28-Apr-23
We had a blackbear killed along the road a number of years back. It was in the dark, early AM and I could swear it looked like chow when I drove past it.

Last year some of the neighbors got the black furry multi-breed dog mixed up with a young bear in the area. Blurry trail cam pics indicated they were pretty close in appearance.

That said the gait and size of the eyes make it pretty obvious it's a bear.

• Sitka Gear