Contributors to this thread:
smurph 15-Jun-23
12yards 15-Jun-23
smurph 15-Jun-23
APauls 15-Jun-23
WhattheFOC 15-Jun-23
carcus 16-Jun-23
15-Jun-23
Been shooting Matthews Creed for a long time. Tried a few of the newer models (Mathews and Hoyt). I keep thinking something new will be like WOW--- that is smoother, faster, and/ quieter. Am I totally missing something here or have improvements in bow technology really slowed down. Tim

15-Jun-23
Bow technology has definitely changed quite a bit since your Creed. Mathews is totally different from what they were when they produced your bow. Will the new tech make you a better killer? Probably not.......but maybe??? The new Mathews gets pretty high praise for quiet, shock free, and accurate. Probably a little faster than your Creed, but definitely heavier. Bowtech and Elite have come out with bows that make home tuning quite a bit easier.

15-Jun-23
Appreciate the advice. Any specific models you would recommend. You pretty much nailed the qualities I like best in a bow.

15-Jun-23
Depends on what you are calling technology. Are IBO speeds way faster than 10 years ago? Not really. Has the rate of change slowed down? For sure. But can a bow be essentially shock free, deadly quiet, and smooth at 330fps with easier tuning characteristics? Yes. If you are happy with noise and shock characteristics and have it tuned well, then you may not see much need or desire for a new rig in all honesty.

I really like the tuning of my Bowtech Revolt. Other than that it shoots like a fast Switchback XT which is why I like it.

15-Jun-23
Been shooting a target bow all winter and it opened my eyes to how smooth a bow can be - if you’re not trying to squeeze every possible fps out of it. Given that these shoulders only got so many miles left in them, I think my next hunting bow will be something that would normally be considered a target bow. TRX34 maybe?

16-Jun-23
Ease of tuning has been a big improvement in the last few years, bowtech's deadlock, pse ez.220 shim system and elite's SET technology. Speed bows have been more shootable in the last few years as well.

• Sitka Gear