raghorn 14-Jul-23
HDE 14-Jul-23
Shug 15-Jul-23
Shug 15-Jul-23
Ironbow 18-Jul-23
Ursman 19-Jul-23
Ursman 19-Jul-23
13-Jul-23
Trying the “G5 Striker X” Broadheads.The blades keep falling out as l install them in the slots provided for them. Any ideas?

14-Jul-23
A very small drop of super glue should keep them in place until you install the lock ring.

14-Jul-23
I thought of that . I couldn’t put new blades in If the blades are glued. And at $50 for three, l was hoping to use them more than once. Maybe Silly Puddy would work, without adding to the weight. But then what’s a few grains if it does the job?

14-Jul-23
https://youtu.be/n6Q4qlLadvk

Maybe this will help

14-Jul-23

WIbhunter's Link

14-Jul-23
Thats not good…maybe that BH choice is trying to tell you something- grin

14-Jul-23
I learned a trick with allenhaead screws. If you get a latex glove, place it over the tip of your Allen wrench and push the screw head onto the wrench, tear the excess latex glove away, it will hold the screw so you can install it without dropping it.

My thought is that it might work the same way if you place the latex over the ferrule, push the blade into the slot, and then tear, or trim the loose excess latex away. In theory it would help secure the blade snugly to the ferrule. I’ve never tried it on a bh, and I don’t have any with me, but I bet it would be worth a try.

14-Jul-23
50.00 for 3,, I just paid 38.00.... Sure you did not get noc offs... mine no issues. Good luck Sharp head

14-Jul-23
Sounds like it’s time for a broadhead switch.

14-Jul-23
I would not deal with that situation. Just get some fixed blade, COC, like VPA, and be done.

14-Jul-23
Hold the ferrule by the tip at the tip of your thumb and two fingers. As you place blades in, hold them with the tip of your fingers until they're all in, then slide the keep down the shank end. Thread onto your arrow.

The blades will not cut your fingers as you do this. You can also run the side of the blade that goes into the ferrule track with some string wax to add a little "adhesive" until they're all placed and locked in.

14-Jul-23
Ursman...PM to you

14-Jul-23
raghorn - please share. Didn't know there was a proprietary secret to placing and holding these blades.

15-Jul-23
Here ya go Walt..

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/g5-striker-x-4-blade-fixed-blade-broadhead

15-Jul-23

Shug's Link
Try again… watch the video

18-Jul-23
HDE has a good method. They can be a little tricky until you get the lock ring on and the shaft screwed on. If I remove mine from the shaft, I thread an arrow insert on the assembled head and lay it on something soft, or put it in foam.

Great head, cuts some holes. I have used the same head for 3 deer, just touch up the blades. Have had a pass through on every hit, they penetrate well.

19-Jul-23
With all the sound Broadheads available today, why would anyone hunt with one that has the potential of a blade or blades falling out when drawing on game? What am l missing here?

19-Jul-23
With all the sound Broadheads available today, why would anyone hunt with one that has the potential of a blade or blades falling out when drawing on game? What am l missing here?

• Sitka Gear