Rgiesey 19-Jul-23
tobywon 19-Jul-23
Will tell 19-Jul-23
Robear 20-Jul-23
Jasper 20-Jul-23
Goodnight 22-Jul-23
Zbone 27-Oct-23
15-Jul-23
Getting to Cody a day or two early before our late September elk bow hunt. Hotel suggestions and what to see there? Thanks!

15-Jul-23
Buffalo Bill Gun Museum

15-Jul-23
go see old trail town and jeremiah johnson's grave site. cool stuff.

15-Jul-23
I always stay at The Irma Hotel , I enjoy the history of it. Food there is always good. Book early.

15-Jul-23
Yep the Irma Hotel. Lots to look at in Cody.

15-Jul-23
The Irma is right downtown and a popular place for hunters.

If you need any last minute things, Rocky Mountain Sports is only a few blocks away.

Love to meet up with you but there’s a 99% chance I’ll be in the mountains.

15-Jul-23
Don't miss the rodeo. And the Buffalo Bill museum is awesome. I've spent 2 days there.....twice!

15-Jul-23
Another vote for the firearms museum.

15-Jul-23
The rodeo is great but unfortunately stops for the year on Labor Day

16-Jul-23
We have stayed at the AmericInn west of town. Lots of mounts in the lobby, it was nice. The Kings inn is next to it. African theme with a lot of mounts. I was told the same guy owns both, and he is a hunter. Absolutely allot some time for the museum. It is extraordinary. A ticket is good for two days. The Chief Joseph pass/bear tooth highway is awesome if you want some scenery. Irma hotel bar for drinks! If that place could talk.

16-Jul-23
Know that there are quite a few cabins for rent between Cody and Yellowstone Park. I've stayed in several through the years on summer trips.

16-Jul-23
I would agree with the drive up and over the Beartooths. One of the most scenic drives in America.

18-Jul-23
Irma is cool, I stay just down the street at a cheaper place the antler inn.

18-Jul-23
Wyoming Wild Sheep Foundation is also in Cody but I think might be closed that time of year.

18-Jul-23
Cody is one of my favorite towns ever. Pretty much any place is good in town good and there is lots to see there. Have fun

18-Jul-23
The rest of the Buffalo Bill museum is as good or better than the gun portion!

18-Jul-23
Stayed at the Beartooth Inn for a night. It was cheap and ok.

18-Jul-23
I agree with Brent. It’s the western art that I am drawn to each time I have been there. I asked a Docent, that surely all this art is copies, or prints. No he replied it’s all original. Just mind blowing to me. Priceless art everywhere, mostly unprotected by any barriers or guards.

18-Jul-23
The rest of the Buffalo Bill museum is as good or better than the gun portion!

18-Jul-23
Mind your P’s & Q’s while in Cody, the new Chief of Police is really cracking down :)

18-Jul-23
Nick, I heard he’s a softy…..especially for Bud light. :)

19-Jul-23
Pretty good bow hunters from the Cody area! The chief may not have any free time to hunt in the future because he’s overloaded with responsibility. Probably not!

19-Jul-23

tobywon's embedded Photo
tobywon's embedded Photo
Sounds like you got a lot to do right there for a day or two before your hunt. Since mentioned, someone suggested the Beartooth Highway when I visited Yellowstone and it didn't disappoint. Cant go wrong with whatever you do. Enjoy!!

19-Jul-23
Better call ahead and get a reservation. Hotels book up fast. Don’t forget to try some Trout fishing if you got the time. It’s expensive to get a guide but they’ll supply everything needed including lunch.

20-Jul-23
Same goes for restaurants as far as reservations. Cody isn’t all that big and with all the folks visiting, places fill up very quickly.

20-Jul-23
Thanks for all the help guys!

22-Jul-23
Does the Pawnee hotel still exist? Pretty western in it’s day.

27-Oct-23
Jasper - Where did you end up staying?

• Sitka Gear