flybyjohn 14-Aug-23
APauls 14-Aug-23
Jebediah 14-Aug-23
flybyjohn 16-Aug-23
flybyjohn 16-Aug-23
22-Jul-23

Bowboy's embedded Photo
Bowboy's embedded Photo
Okay which one of you Bowsite’r’s did this back in the day with grandma or grandpa car.

22-Jul-23
I wish lol

22-Jul-23

Grey Ghost's embedded Photo
Grey Ghost's embedded Photo
We never used a car, but we did haul a lot of elk off of the mountain in our old CJ similar to this pic.

Matt

22-Jul-23
Would love to see that in the working

22-Jul-23
Any vehicle that I could haul an elk out of hell holes would be a godsend.

22-Jul-23
I put a pronghorn in the trunk of my girlfriend's Ford Tempo in the mid 90's.

Never did get all the smell out of it. The Tempo got sold, girlfriend stuck around. She just asked me to fire up the grill for dinner.

22-Jul-23
Ha ha, great photos! With truckloads of elk down I've yet had one close enough to a road to load whole! As I get older I look forward to that day but do not expect it! (grin)

ElkNut

23-Jul-23
Hilarious and sick at the same time

23-Jul-23
Carried many deer home in the trunk of a Buick.

23-Jul-23

23-Jul-23
That would have been interesting watching them get those elk in that trunk. :)

23-Jul-23
Whenever I see a pic like that, I think "what a waste of good game meat." Little wonder many non-hunters, over the decades, learned to dislike venison after being "gifted" some of that stuff.

23-Jul-23

23-Jul-23
Great pics. Spot on Ambush

23-Jul-23
LOL! No doubt we’ve learned quite a bit about proper field care and game meat preparation over the years Ambush! ;-)

24-Jul-23

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
This was always my favorite “elk hauling vehicle” pic! : )

24-Jul-23
I hauled one out in my Subaru Outback Wagon once but I had quartered it and put it in a roof top rubberized bag that I put in the back to keep things clean.

25-Jul-23
I had two pronghorns in the back of a BMW 540i once. Not the ideal choice but it was perfect for that day.

27-Jul-23
Elk in a Jeep Sahara and Ford Explorer, really not that bad in quarters. Whole deer in trunk of Dodge Intrepid fits just fine.

I bet an old Lincoln or Caddy from the 70s/80s would probably close the trunk on a cow elk no sweat.

14-Aug-23
I’ve done the Corolla with trailer and the Subaru outback wagon many times. All animals were quartered at least before packing them out.

14-Aug-23
Full Canadian deer in a Toyota Tercel, Two in the trunk of a Pontiac Phoenix were my worst loads. There's just something fun about making it work.

14-Aug-23
I’m not sure I understand, Ambush, about the waste issue. Can you elaborate?

16-Aug-23
Probably talking about the bull elk with their neck hides on still. During bow season in my neck of the woods it is pretty important to get that hide off in the first few hours.

16-Aug-23
I had a whole cow elk in the back of the Subaru outback wagon last year. My brother and I came up on a roadkill crash on the way back from hunting. Had to put down an injured cow elk and the wrecked pickup truck owner didn't want the elk. Montana roadkill salvage law states you have to take guts and all, so we stuffed the whole elk up inside the Subi and headed home with our prize. It really stunk. My brother still can't smell elk after he had covid a few years back. He couldn't smell a thing. He relies on me to tell him when we get into an elky area while hunting.

• Sitka Gear