Kevin Speicher 03-Sep-23
Bill J. 05-Sep-23
Burt 12-Sep-23
Panhandle Bob 12-Sep-23
PAOH 12-Sep-23
Scrappy 12-Sep-23
23-Jul-23

Scrappy's Link
For those that just can't pass up a good deal. Regular 699 marked down to 200. Free delivery to your door. Just ordered me one and the website said still over 2,800still available. Looks like a home depot employee goofed on orders and wound up with way to many. For the price you can't beat it for a backyard food plot.

23-Jul-23
The same model with the dual beer holders on the handles are still $699.

23-Jul-23
^^ ;-)

23-Jul-23
The one on clearance must be affiliated with budlight:)

23-Jul-23
I’m betting that Rod could MAcGyver ya one up that’s gravity fed for probably less than $200 Canadian ($67 American funds). Better give him the dimensions in metric, though. He’s kind of a stickler about that.

23-Jul-23
Damn! Did WV Mountaineer turn you on to this deal? Careful! ;-)

23-Jul-23
Reviews are interesting

23-Jul-23
Thanks Scrappy, just ordered one!!

24-Jul-23
I’d buy one. But, the last two rear tined garden tillers I bought were donated to thieves. At the tune of $700 a piece. Wouldn’t hurt so bad at this price.

24-Jul-23
I’m guessing the price is due to the crappy reviews.

24-Jul-23
My daughter bought a similar deal It was a scam. She never saw the product.

24-Jul-23
Similar deal as in same product, same offer same price or or something not quite so similar?

24-Jul-23
wow that is a good deal! scrappy please update when it arrives and if you get a chance to put it to work!

24-Jul-23
Greemountain, I bought it right off of home depots app so hopefully their entire app hasn't been hacked.

24-Jul-23
LMBO Midwest! : )

24-Jul-23
That old saying ..... " If it sounds too good to be true ... it normally is"

24-Jul-23
Hmmm, my antivirus won't open that link.

24-Jul-23
Similar deal as in same product, same offer same price same retailer or or something not quite so similar?

24-Jul-23
I'm guessing it's a scam. Scammers are very good at cloning merchants websites and making them look legitimate. Whatever you do pay with Paypal and you will be protected. I had a similar deal with a too good to be true price of $99 on a new Lone Wolf sit and climb. It was a scam and PayPal promptly refunded my money.

24-Jul-23
Doubt it's a scam.

Google Home Depot, go to Home Depot site, search for rear tine tillers and it comes up.

24-Jul-23
Yep, it is listed in their website, not a scam.

24-Jul-23
Reviews are mixed but cheap enough to take the gamble and just return if it doesn't work.

24-Jul-23
They sold out. Saved me from impulse buy. LOL

25-Jul-23
They're back in stock at same low price.

25-Jul-23

Rock's Link
They also have the same one without the rotating handles for $20 less $179.00

25-Jul-23

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Dang could have saved myself an extra 20 bucks. Says 2,400 of these available.

25-Jul-23
The handles don't swivel on the $179 one though. I'm considering buying the Champion one for $179... it's pretty yellow and the tines apparently run backwards which would be cool. Plus you can disengage the wheels making it easier to move around in shed or where ever. Decisions decisions. ;)

25-Jul-23
bluedog, you can disengage the wheels on the legend force also...the pins you see in the pic above...

Military discount puts it at $161...currently building a house on 3 acres I bought last year, needed one for my veggies...hopefully the deer leave some for my consumption.

26-Jul-23

bluedog's Link
Anyone wants a front tine tiller ... they also have 212cc for $149, free shipping

28-Jul-23
Anyone gotten one of these in their hands yet? Another forum has many guys ordering but none actually shipping.

28-Jul-23

28-Jul-23
Now in 60s I have learned. You get what you pay for, there's a reason it's so cheap.

30-Jul-23
As a contractor, I’ve seen this too many times…guys buying cheap tools….even buying the warranty so they can return for new.

I’ve seen a bunch of these cheap tools burn up on the first hard use.

I know one guy that bought the Harbor freight tile saw and was on his 13th saw ( warranty replacement) when he finally realized it just wasn’t worth it and bought a $2400 saw instead.

30-Jul-23
If you're using a piece of equipment daily, buy the best I agree. If you have a 60 foot by 150 foot home garden you may not need the best.

Chinese quality is random, the phone or computer you're using is likely Chinese. The Briggs and Stratton clones can be amazing. I have one on a wood splitter that's 10 years old and has split over 20 actual full cords. Runs great.

Closing with a smile...... appears some would be more satisfied with their purchase if they'd bought it last month for 6 or 7 hundred dollars instead of on end of season clearance price.

30-Jul-23
Now all 3 are out of stock.

31-Jul-23
Thanks for the heads-up. I was looking off/on for a garden tiller. Running my JD420 doesn't really work for small 8x8 garden squares. Says my order went through so we'll see what shows up next week.

01-Aug-23
Bluedog I run those Predators on my wood splitters too. I split 25 plus cords a year and have yet to wear one out.

01-Aug-23
Fuzzy.... bet you use non alcohol gas in all your small engines too. All I use in mine, chain saws too of course. I use synthetic oil (Mobil1) in my 4 cycles too.

Never any troubles.

01-Aug-23
I run non alcohol in the chainsaws, I run the pump regular 10% in the splitters and run them (saws and splitters)dry at the end of firewood season. I keep an old beater 029 gassed up all year for occasional use

01-Aug-23
Your stuff gets used more than mine I'm sure. My splitter and other stuff may sit for weeks or months. So I use non alcohol in every small engine. Just insurance . I do sometimes use the 10% when I'm doing like 10 cords in a session though come to think of it. ;)

01-Aug-23
Thats great you guys are getting those cheap motors to work for you….

I havent seen any of them last.

01-Aug-23
Try some 100LL avgas (which is actually about 110 octane on the automotive octane rating scale) in your chainsaws, etc if you have access, they run great, make great power and the gas lasts forever. A lot of small airports have self service gas pumps and you can fill 5 gallon cans. I run it in my saws. I have a buddy who owned a small engine business for over 30 years and he only ran avgas in the engines at his shop.

01-Aug-23
Just my opinion..... I see no advantage from using 100 av gas compared to 91 octane non alcohol. Non alcohol 91 is readily available at every gas station where I live.

01-Aug-23
https://www.aviationpros.com/fbos-tenants/article/10387611/octane-101-autogas-vs-avgas Using a low-octane gasoline whose ignition temperature is too low causes pre-ignition. Low-octane automotive gasoline (87-octane) has a typical ignition temperature of 300 degrees Celsius; high-octane (93-octane) automotive gasoline has a typical ignition temperature of 400 degrees Celsius. Aviation gasoline is blended to ignite at 500 degrees Celsius. High compression and high cylinder temperature will cause the fuel to ignite before the sparkplug fires.

02-Aug-23
"Aviation gasoline is blended to ignite at 500 degrees Celsius. High compression and high cylinder temperature will cause the fuel to ignite before the sparkplug fires."

If you're saying that avgas that is blended to ignite at 500 degrees will ignite before auto gas that is blended to ignite at 300-400 degrees that doesn't make sense to me.

Why would gas that ignites at a higher temperature be more prone to pre-ignition? Sounds backwards to me. Seems to me the higher temp/higher octane gas would be less prone to pre-ignition and that's why it is used in high compression, high performance engines.

I've been messing around with relatively high compression engines since the 70's building engines, drag racing and restoring muscle cars. It's common knowledge that low octane fuel causes pre-ignition and the way to create maximum horsepower, maximize potential and avoid pre-ignition is to use high octane fuel. I highly doubt that there is any scenario where a higher octane/higher temp fuel will cause pre-ignition.

02-Aug-23
^^^^ this makes more sense to me. Maybe we need a Venn diagram? (joke)

If you’re using avgas do you still add stabilizer? After reading this thread I was thinking I will try it in my saw and generator.

02-Aug-23
No you don't need stabilizer in avgas, that's one of the advantages. It practically lasts forever. There are many planes that have fuel in their tanks for a year and often longer with no issues. Another advantage is that the exhaust smells really good, it reminds me of flying and drag racing :-)

02-Aug-23
^^^^ this makes more sense to me. Maybe we need a Venn diagram? (joke)

If you’re using avgas do you still add stabilizer? After reading this thread I was thinking I will try it in my saw and generator.

02-Aug-23
Also anybody who has chainsaws, weed whips, leaf blowers, ice augers, etc that might sit for a long time with gas in them and not being used has probably experienced a gummed up carburetor requiring disassembly and cleaning and/or a rebuild. That won't happen if you run avgas. That right there is an advantage. The same goes for old cars that don't get driven often, no more bad gas issues.

02-Aug-23
The non alcohol 91 octane has the same benefits as av gas imo. And it's readily available at gas stations where I live. Of course do as you see fit.

02-Aug-23
The big Toro dealer here uses avgas in everything he sells. Because he doesn’t want to deal with customers having problems when they buy a new machine.

02-Aug-23
Yeah I realize that 91 octane non ethanol gas works and is readily available most places. I was just throwing the avgas suggestion out there as another option. I use both but if I'm cutting a bunch of wood and I have a can of avgas that's what's going in my saw. I have an airplane and I'm at the airport frequently so I usually have some avgas on hand. Another advantage of avgas is if you spill it on your hands or clothes it evaporates and leaves no odor. It's also great for cleaning things. Pilots call it "wing solvent".

02-Aug-23
Gotcha Mike.... ;)

04-Aug-23
I reach out to home depot cause I have never got an email that my tiller has shipped. Here is their response

Dear Mr. Beene, Home Depot received your order for the Legend Force Tiller. We apologize for the delay, and have requested a status on the shipping from our warehouse. As of this time there is no replenishment date to provide. If you prefer we can cancel the order or wait until the merchandise is available to ship. To cancel an order call 800 466-3337. You will be notified as soon as the information is available. Thank you for your patience. Respectfully, The Home Depot.com

I'm going to hang in for a while and see if it finally ships. Anyone actually got theirs yet?

04-Aug-23
Picked mine up 2 days ago, boxed up and bolted to a metal frame, strapped to a pallet. Motor oil and 4 qts of transmission oil included. Started on the 1st pull!!

04-Aug-23
My buddy picked up his day before yesterday has not started it yet but it is packaged well Lewis

05-Aug-23

bluedog's Link
Special shout out to Scrappy! Great deals for certain. Got this front tine delivered yesterday for $149 - free shipping. Put it together today and gave it a 30 minute run. Decent machine..... I bought the Champion because it's a fairly well established brand, can be found at Tractor Supply, Home Depot and other places. Pleased by very good owners manual, covers belt adjustment, scheduled maintenance and pretty comprehensive. I have a rear tine Champion coming for $179 next week. Will sell my ancient tillers at end of driveway and end up with 2 new tillers for total of 100 - 150 dollars.

Thanks again Scrappy

01-Sep-23
Scrappy, I order one after you did. I called Home Depot last week and after they did some checking,they said mine was on the way. I received an email today saying it will be delivered on Tuesday. Good luck to you.

01-Sep-23
I’ve got a cooler I’ll sell you.

01-Sep-23
Mine started on first pull and worked perfectly in the garden.

01-Sep-23
Mine started on first pull and worked perfectly in the garden.

01-Sep-23
"I’ve got a cooler I’ll sell you."

LMAO!!!

01-Sep-23
Shows that mine’s still on back order, Justin….

03-Sep-23
I got a call and email that the tiller I ordered has finally been shipped and the truck will be dropping off on Monday 9/4. Will update if it arrives.

03-Sep-23
I received mine a little over a week ago. Put it together but have not had a chance to use it yet.

05-Sep-23
It took awhile for mine (approx. 3 weeks) but I did get it. I ordered the Champion. Put it together but haven't used it yet.

12-Sep-23

Burt's embedded Photo
Burt's embedded Photo
Very slow with lots of delays but it did finally arrive.

12-Sep-23

Panhandle Bob's embedded Photo
Mine too. Started first try, tilled up a small garden for my father-n-law. Worked great! Once my house is built, I will be putting it to use.

12-Sep-23
Finally received mine today. Ordered it July 23. It only took 5 phone calls to Home Depot to get it to me. Put it together easily but have not yet tried to run it.

12-Sep-23
My wife said mine finally arrived the first week of September. Haven't been home to see it yet but so glad it did finally show up. Several of my young neighbors have already put in requests to use it so it will be getting plenty of use.

Love me a good deal that's almost to good to be true.

Now if the elk gods would just smile upon me and put an elk in this meadow. So I will have meat to go along with my fresh veggies next year that would be awesome.

• Sitka Gear