Aspen Ghost 15-Aug-23
PeteO 20-Aug-23
PeteO 20-Aug-23
MA-PAdeerslayer 20-Aug-23
Fuzzy 24-Aug-23
Bou'bound 24-Aug-23
4nolz@work 24-Aug-23
12-Aug-23
A long time friend passed away about a year ago. His gun safe (Frontier) was open when he passed. His wife locked the safe & can't find the code to open it. She called a lock smith & that want between $500-$800 to open the safe. I tried to contact Frontier Safes... no luck. Any ideas as to how she can get into the safe?

12-Aug-23
Normally I would say call the company with the serial number and see if they can provide a combo. I don't see them in business. Maybe someone bought them out.

12-Aug-23
Is there a key slot hidden under the code pad? If so, she should look for a hidden skeleton key somewhere.

12-Aug-23
Does she care about the safe? If doesn't mind tearing up the safe take a grinder to it.

13-Aug-23
JohnMC is correct. Check out some videos on YouTube. Most gun safes aren't as secure as you would think.

13-Aug-23
Most gun safes don’t meet the technical standard to be called a safe.

14-Aug-23
Luckily very few meth heads are,safecrackers

14-Aug-23
Several phone numbers are listed for Frontier gun safe company on the internet but none get you to frontier safe company. It appears that the only alternative she has is to call a lock smith to have the safe opened...

14-Aug-23
Same thing happened to my neighbor when my good friend and hunting buddy passed away. She had a booger of a time getting into that Browning safe. Can't remember for sure, but I do think that Browning ended up helping her out. She did have the combination numbers written down, but he had them written in some really weird configuration. If the safe isn't worth much, a handy guy with a angle grinder might be the cheapest option. But, you wouldn't want to damage any guns.

14-Aug-23
Thanks for the info.

I brought her up to date on the situation... She is so depressed. Wish I could help her.

14-Aug-23
C5ken. Does she know what is in it? May be worth the $5-$800 to have it opened.

14-Aug-23
Contact lock/keypad maker (SecuRam and Sargent & Greenleaf common). They have a good chance of getting in. I got help that way.

But first try entering 1-2-3-4-5-6 or 1-1-1-1-1-1. Try sliding keypad up to remove it. Look for serial number. Also try his/her birthday as code.

14-Aug-23
That's a sad situation. Another cheap option to get it open is to lay it on its back and use long pry bars. Two guys starting at one corner can open it pretty quick.

14-Aug-23
Sad to hear, sorry. Not sure what the value of the safe is alone, but to add to what RK mentioned above, if a locksmith opens it and reprograms with a new combo, she may be able to resell the safe to possibly recoup some of the cost.

14-Aug-23
Does anyone on here have a Frontier safe with a keypad? Is it a 4 digit code or more?

If it's only got a 4 digit code then it really wouldn't take all that long to enter all possible codes. Make a checklist to keep track. Sit in front of the safe for 15 minutes and start entering 0001, 002, 0003, etc (you usually have to enter * or # after each entry ). then take a break. Come back when you have another 10-15 minutes and try some more. Should be able to easily enter 150 to 200 codes in 15 minutes.

Doing just a few sessions a day you'd be done in less than 2 weeks and save the safe and the locksmith money. Or if she really needs it done sooner enlist some family to help and take turns to grind it out in a day.

14-Aug-23
Using 0 through 9, there are exactly 10,000 possible combinations for a 4-digit code. This includes using every conceivable series, e.g. 0000, 1111, 5555 7777.

14-Aug-23
I'd guess it is six digits if it is a touch pad. That is a million different codes. My touch safes lock me out for I think 5 mins after 3 wrong codes. Even then you have to hope the batteries hold.

14-Aug-23
Could you fingerprint dust it or something to see if only a few numbers have really been used? That way you're starting with less that 10,000 combinations?

14-Aug-23
Alot of them have a # sign at the end also

15-Aug-23
My touchpad uses 4 digits. Yes, that's 10,000 combinations which really wouldn't take all that long to do and saves the cost of the safe and $800 locksmith fee (who might have to destroy the safe). Just split the task between family members and multitask, doing it during time watching the news, sports broadcasts, etc.

20-Aug-23
My keypad stopped working and I called a locksmith to open it. He drilled it out broke a bunch of bits and said it was the hardest safe he has drilled out. It cost me $300. I had them install a spin dial they charged another $300. So not that bad

20-Aug-23
My keypad stopped working and I called a locksmith to open it. He drilled it out broke a bunch of bits and said it was the hardest safe he has drilled out. It cost me $300. I had them install a spin dial they charged another $300. So not that bad

20-Aug-23
Pete I’ve done the same. The smith told me to just go buy a new safe, I said no no. We’re not cutting it and ruining the amount of money in it. I’ll pay double to get them out this way versus cutting it open haha

24-Aug-23
any luck?

24-Aug-23
Do you know what’s in it

24-Aug-23
Offer to give it to the safe cracker in lieu of payment after removing the contents

• Sitka Gear