Corax_latrans 16-Aug-23
>>>---WW----> 17-Aug-23
bluedog 17-Aug-23
fuzzy 17-Aug-23
pav 17-Aug-23
16-Aug-23

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
What's your favorite hydration system? I’ve used a few of these Source 2 setups and ordered them from Eberlestock. Never again. Had a brand new one break at the bottom seam the first time I filled it up. Of course it didn’t break until it was in my pack. Soaked all my gear the night before a scouting trip. No response from customer service so it’s time to move on.

16-Aug-23
1-1/2 liter smart water bottle, quit using bladders years ago.

16-Aug-23
Platypus bladders are super tough, never had one break.

16-Aug-23
Same issue with bladder systems. Switched to a 48oz Nalgene.

16-Aug-23
Platypus are really good. I’ve also got several military spec CamelBaks that I use regularly but I don’t think they make them anymore.

16-Aug-23
I use a Grayl bottle in my Stone Glacier holster and a nalgene in my pack. Grayl works awesome for filtering on the go.

16-Aug-23
I have a couple Platypus bladders. No problems.

16-Aug-23
Ditto Wapit "1-1/2 liter smart water bottle, quit using bladders years ago". Sawyer gravity filter.

16-Aug-23
I use both a pladypus blade and a bottle. I drink straight water in the bladder and mix flavor in the bottle. Having both leads to me drinking more water.

16-Aug-23
Have switched over completely to Hydropak bladders. They are made from a slightly different material than the camelbak and source type. Better durability in my experience.

16-Aug-23
Platypus and camelback. Been using both off and on for the last year, running and rucking. Never had issues with either one leaking.

Platypus is much easier to clean, since you can flip it inside out.

Only downside I had with Platypus is the drink nozzle started to leak on me, even when valve shut off. No biggie, switched to my camelback one no issue.

The camelback hose has a magnet attachment for use on the chest rig of of the pack, which I love. You can also buy these off Amazon if you want extras etc.

Water bottles to me never stay cold enough. With exception of hydroflask. Also I like having a drink tube. I drink more water that way.

16-Aug-23
Hardside hydration. It uses a 48 oz Nalgene bottle. The kit comes with a straw, new lid, hose, and quick disconnect. I put the bottle in a side pocket and run the hose out and clip it to my shoulder strap. Drink whenever you want and no leaks like a water bladder.

16-Aug-23
I like the platypus big zips.

16-Aug-23
Used to use bladders, had and saw more than a fair share of them bust while having a heavy load sitting on them in the military. Switched to my old military canteens and love them, not only because they’re durable and packable/easy to refill, but also because if I take two of them I know I have 2 quarts of water, and always know how much I have left. It’s not a surprise when I find out I don’t have any water left

16-Aug-23

PushCoArcher's embedded Photo
PushCoArcher's embedded Photo
Same as Matt playtapus big Zip with the disconnect hose to make refilling easier. I also always carry a Nalgene bottle as well.

16-Aug-23
Camelbak and Platypus. Depending on the time of the year, I may or may not take in a bottle too. I've never had a bladder burst. I did have a military one where the connect tube broke at the bladder after a couple of years. I still have my military canteens-steel- complete with the web belt that I haven't used in years.

16-Aug-23
I use Osprey 3L. I love the open top seal over the other brands. Easier to fill and clean. I also put an aftermarket shutoff valve on the hose in case I bite too hard on the bite valve (bad habit).

16-Aug-23

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Shape shifter for me. No issues for several years now.

16-Aug-23
I use an empty plastic pop bottle. I'm THAT cheap. Lol

16-Aug-23

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Glunt@work's embedded Photo
I keep it simple

16-Aug-23
Smart water bottle and a mini sawyer.

16-Aug-23

butcherboy's embedded Photo
butcherboy's embedded Photo
Slides right into a side pocket.

16-Aug-23
How are you all getting by with such a small amount of water? I use a 3L bladder and have to filter water twice a day minimum.

16-Aug-23
I carry two 48 oz Nalgene’s and then 2-3 extra smaller plastic water bottles. Water is most of the weight in my pack. I never carry game bags and during the day my food is usually trail mix, protein bars, jerky, sometimes cheese and a small hard roll with a slice of summer sausage on it.

16-Aug-23
Butcherboy same but with fuzzy meal bars too

16-Aug-23
I can't imagine using one of those. Much less spending money on it.

16-Aug-23
Lone Star.

16-Aug-23
To each his own pop. I’ll bet you spend money on all kinds of stuff I never would. This conversion kit cost me about $25.00 I think.

16-Aug-23
We have been using the badlands bladder: my wife, son, and I have them and have had them for 5-6 years.

Like all badlands stuff lifetime warranty. I have only had 2 issues and both were fixed by customer service.

One my pup chewed the hose the other was also neglect on my part.

https://www.scheels.com/p/badlands-waterbladder-3-liter/63996600328.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv_yhgtjigAMVLzHUAR1JTwL_EAQYASABEgLHPfD_BwE&src=hardlines

16-Aug-23
I hydrate in the morning and evening at camp. Water weighs a lot so I just bring a bottle when hunting.

In my 20s we often didnt wear packs while hunting and hunted all day with what was in your pockets. Drank from springs and occasionally right from a stream. Did get Giardia once, not much fun.

Great idea to stay hydrated all the time. I don't.

16-Aug-23

16-Aug-23
“I use a 3L bladder and have to filter water twice a day minimum.”

That’s the good news/bad news of a sipper tube, isn’t it? It’s so easy to stay well hydrated that it becomes incredibly easy to overdo it… at which point you may just be depleting your electrolytes.

Just like on a bike, I like to have a bladder and a bottle of gatorade/equivalent. Sometimes I think of a filter as being heavy & bulky, but it’s nowhere near as big or heavy as a liter of water, I suppose….. But how much water you carry just needs to match the environment. Seems kinda nuts to carry 3 liters if there’s a seep in every gully….

17-Aug-23
I usually have a quart of water and a 16 0unce Pepsi for my daily hunt. I sip on the Pepsi all day long and hardly ever drink the water. But I do hydrate up before and after my daily hunt. Works for me! May not work for you.

17-Aug-23
I keep a Grayl bottle with my ice fishing stuff... finally realized I wasn't being smart dipping plain lake water out of the hole for my whiskey water. (Also use it hunting)

17-Aug-23
I've actually got a Camelbak but never use it. Bottles are easier

17-Aug-23
Depends what / where I'm hunting. Use a military style Camelback in my Kifaru pouch...and a Platypus EVO in my smaller pack lids. In Alaska, I keep a Sweetwater filter in camp and carry a Grayl filter on my belt. Virtually always carry a 32oz Nalgene with Gatorade packets or Liquid IV packets for electrolytes and added flavor. Lots of good options acquired over the years...

• Sitka Gear