BillObeid 31-Aug-23
nchunter 03-Sep-23
MA-PAdeerslayer 03-Sep-23
WI Shedhead 04-Sep-23
fuzzy 04-Sep-23
WI Shedhead 04-Sep-23
WI Shedhead 04-Sep-23
16-Aug-23
So I sent in a Browning Camera I bought a few years ago because the 'Mode' button didn't work to allow me to set the time and date. I received an email back telling me they can't fix it because they no longer have the parts. BUT I could participate in their Camera Exchange Program at a discounted rate. So here is what I could purchase: Strike Force HD Pro Extreme 20MP $96.00 Strike Force HD max Plus 20 MP $84.00 Dark Ops Pro X 1080 24MP $102.00 Dark Ops HD Max Plus 20MP $90.00 Recon Force Elite HP4 22MP $100.00 Spec Ops Elite HP4 22MP $110.00 Patriot 24 MP $114.00 Or I could have them send me back my original camera which does take pictures but with the wrong date/time.

Trying to figure out my best option here and didn't know if you guys had any input.

Thanks,

FF

16-Aug-23
If you like top quality video then Recon Force is the one. If you just want a picture taker better read up on each of the other models to see what suits your needs. Browning has always offered too many models in the lineup IMO.

Sorry if that doesn't help.

16-Aug-23
I have several of their cameras. I am actually switching all of my non cellular cameras over to Browning from Moultrie. Any of the cameras mentioned are great IMO. I would probably choose the Dark Ops Pro X 1080 24MP.

16-Aug-23
Here's one from near left-field--when you first put batteries in your camera, does the date and time reset to midnight January 1st? If so, you could put new lithium batteries in the camera while you're up celebrating the new year, then leave it turned off until you put it out in the summer. Or if it does reset to midnight 1/1, put new batteries in on July 1st at midnight, and just remember to subtract 6 months from the date posted on the photos. Couldn't do anything about the year, but you'd know the correct month, day and time.

However in my experience, once a camera starts having problems, the problems usually grow or multiply, so I'd probably go with Browning's offer of a discount.

Either way, good luck this upcoming season.

16-Aug-23
Why is the date important to you.

If it takes good pics screw the date and save the money

16-Aug-23
Rk- Refer to Don Higgins article “same time same place” in naw a few years back- that will give you a good answer why time and date stamp are so important

16-Aug-23
Whenever you get a chance to upgrade at a discount I would suggest doing it... As mentioned above once something starts acting up it could be the beginning of the end...

17-Aug-23
You can just write down the date/time it shows when you set it out and calculate what to add or subtract to get the *actual* d/t. But I'd be inclined to go for new, with best video quality.

17-Aug-23
I emphasize video quality because of this youtube item. What are you missing?

17-Aug-23
If I can’t get the date and time it is in the trash

17-Aug-23
I was using Browning cameras a few years back. I've started using Guardpro..not expensive but reliable so far

17-Aug-23
Gardepro

17-Aug-23
DanaC that youtube video has some good takeaways! For example: putting a cam right in their face along a trail is not a great idea. It's generally better practice to put them 10 foot + off the trail, on the down wind side if possible, but if you can't get it back far enough and feel the sensing cone and FOV will be too narrow of a window to capture a passing deer, just angle it somewhat so that it's not facing perpendicular to the trail.

I'll agree that putting cams up higher is also helpful to reduce the amount of negative reactions, but if you go too high with them then the sensing zone starts to be reduced. Scrapes are a place where putting them up high is usually fine to capture the deer in the scrape... but there will always be some deer that pass by the scrape out of FOV. Little give and take here.

Over the years I've found many mature bucks that couldn't give a rip about a cam while others come unglued when they encounter cams. Video definitely helps you learn a specific bucks tendencies. I've even documented an individual bucks reaction go from extremely negative to seemingly OK with cameras after a few years.

17-Aug-23
I have used the dark ops . I have 6 and have been pleased. I use them during summer then switch to cellular in September

17-Aug-23

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo
'Round here the deer are more curious of cameras than frightened...

17-Aug-23
I agree with TGbow. I've switched from multiple brands (mostly Brownings) to the new GardePro, via trailcampro.com. Outstanding video/ audio quality and still photos, plus good guys and great service, for under $100. Read the reviews. BW

17-Aug-23
How much will Browning pay toward a Gardepro purchase?

30-Aug-23
Go for it and get the new cam, a few bucks and you'll have a warranty they stand behind. Most other manufacturers won't do this.

31-Aug-23
I had 3 Browning : Strike Force HD Pro Extremes…. They were good cameras. As they have worn out , though , I’ve enjoyed the GardePro replacement and the Reveal Tactacam X.

I’ve always used Trailcampro for my purchases… I love those guys, they run a solid business.

I’d call them if you’re still undecided.

03-Sep-23
I always buy my cameras from Trailcampro.com. In their FAQ section it mentions that chinese camera last on average of two to three years. I like the quality of pictures I get from browning, just not the longevity of them.

03-Sep-23
Dana I’ve had bucks come unglued here when they spotted a camera. No smart old ones lookin into them like that lol

04-Sep-23
Just checked 5 of my brownings this weekend and 3 were 8 years old and 2 others were 5. These have never left the woods and no failures. Getting the steel bear box for them protects them from the elements and significantly adds to thier longevity

04-Sep-23
My first bow was a Browning recurve and I've owned several Browning firearms that were excellent. The new "Branded" stuff is mostly crap. Sticking a respectable name on average to shoddy stuff to make it sell.

04-Sep-23
Just checked 5 of my brownings this weekend and 3 were 8 years old and 2 others were 5. These have never left the woods and no failures. Getting the steel bear box for them protects them from the elements and significantly adds to thier longevity

04-Sep-23

• Sitka Gear