APauls 29-Aug-23
Bowfreak 29-Aug-23
JTreeman 29-Aug-23
Junior 29-Aug-23
Bowfreak 29-Aug-23
Shiloh 29-Aug-23
BOHUNTER09 30-Aug-23
24-Aug-23
We have had 3 xv7000i, and just lost night pics on one of those, so down to 2. Then we got 2 of the xv6000 and one of those died. Then we were dumb enough to buy 2 of the delta base and now only one of those is working. The ones that work are awesome, but I doubt we buy anymore. I am ready to start over with a new brand after this year. Anybody else have the same problems? Any recommendations?

24-Aug-23
If you are asking for recommendations on what to do or how to fix the moultee cams I have nothing.

If you are asking for recommendations on new cams I recommend TactaCam Reveal. I have 6 going and they have been very reliable. Picture quality isn’t quite as good as some others I’ve seen, but that doesn’t really matter to me, I just want simple and reliable and feel the Reveal cams so that well. And fairly priced both the hardware and the service plans IMO.

—Jim

24-Aug-23
I read about water problems on some of the reveals. I was hoping that was an earlier model problem? Other than that Reveal is first on the list, but still researching. Thanks!

24-Aug-23
I have 5 MoultrieMobile cams and several different models. I haven’t had any trouble with any of them. Very reliable and user friendly

24-Aug-23
The delta camera I had was garbage. The Edge was somewhat better, picture quality was really good. Just got the Reveal 2.0 from TactaCam like JT said picture quality isn't as good as the edge but I really like the camera, app and plan. So far zero issues with it.

24-Aug-23
Another vote for Tactacam,we have 5.

24-Aug-23
Thanks guys!

24-Aug-23
I'm a browning fan but if you go to trailcam.com and read their frequently asked questions- how long does any camera made in China last? The answer was 2 to 3 years. Kind of disappointing when these cameras cost almost 200 bucks

24-Aug-23
Here's another option to look into. If you just want "picture takers" check out the Black Gate r4g lite (pic only, no video). I personally know a few guys that have now sold all their spypoints and tactacams for those. The data plans are way cheaper than tactacams. The picture quality so far is on par or slightly better than the tactacams as well (no question better than the dogsh!t thumbnails spypoint sends). I will be selling my reveals here soon since the feedback from my friends has been great. One of them now has 16 of those cams, and of the few firmware issues he has had, they have been resolved easily, remotely (didn't have to go to the camera), and by working directly with the owner of the company.

After a few months of comparing his data usage and cost-to-operate to mine, its a no-brainer. Tactacam reveals are way more expensive.

24-Aug-23
My hunting partner really likes his Moultrie Edge cams. He runs several of them and likes the no SD card feature & cloud storage.

Myself, I like the Tactacams.pocs are decent enough and you can get HD pics for an additional fee.

24-Aug-23
We are close to publishing the review on Moultrie’s Edge Pro. It’s their best cam yet, but not for the reasons you’d think.

No more buying Lithium batteries. No more wasting energy on uploading doe pics and a blade of grass triggering 200 pics a day. It’s a major uplift. I’ve been testing 3 cam’s for 45 days.

24-Aug-23
Pat I was just discussing with a friend today how it drives me crazy that these camera manufacturers haven't figured out (or won't offer/ implement) a way for the camera to recognize heat or wind triggers and stop a camera from triggering all flippin' afternoon. This has to be an easy thing to figure out in programming.... if its hasn't been already.

I guess at the end of the day if it consumes data and forces users to bump up to the top level plans its money in their pockets....

Does moultrie have a solution?

24-Aug-23
I like the looks of the Exodus cameras. The cheaper one is around $175. If you use code EMW you get 15% off, I believe. With the 5 year NO BS warranty, you should be good for 5 years. Their data plan seems a little better than most as well. I believe $10 gets you 2,000 pictures a month and run as many cameras as you want on the plan with no extra cost.

28-Aug-23
I was hesitant to try them due to previous experiences with older stealth cams, but I now run 15 of the Stealth Cam Deceptors. Great Cams for the money and a reasonable monthly fee for unlimited data.

28-Aug-23
I'm happy with moultrie so far. Not the greatest pic quality but I just want to see what's out there. I'm old and not trying to learn another company's app.

29-Aug-23
If Exodus allows you to run multiple cameras off of one plan then I will have to look into that. I can't stand having to buy a plan for each camera.

29-Aug-23
I am more interested in the long run. Camera life. They mostly all work good for the first year. What about 5 years later? IMO they should last 5 years if taken care of at $200 a pop. If one has to go buy a new camera every year or 2, why not just go the non cellular? We have some old cameras that all still work years after purchase.

29-Aug-23
Tactacam has been my best by far. Have yet to have an issue with one.

29-Aug-23
Just curious how the service works. Does it work on a calendar month basis or is it based on a 30 day renewal? If you activated service on 8/15, when will it automatically renew if you don't cancel?

29-Aug-23
Bowfreak- I’m not sure what brand you are asking about (I’m sure brands differ), but with the TactaCam you can be billed monthly or annually. Annually is a bit cheaper. Monthly you can stop and start anytime (with 30 day minimum (not prorated). You also get a discount on multiple cameras. It like $13 first cam then $10 each additional (don’t quote me on the $). Those are unlimited pics too.

—Jim

29-Aug-23
How old are your Tactacams?

29-Aug-23
I bought a Moultrie Edge for $7. Lol. I’m curious how their plans work.

29-Aug-23
Bowfreak, Similar to what JTreeman explained above about Tactacam. Very similar.

30-Aug-23
I have been running 2 Moultrie Deltas for 3 years and an Edge for 2 years. All trouble free. I just ordered another Edge and 2 of the new lithium rechargeable battery packs for the Edges. The Edges don’t require a sim card and connect to any carrier. Setup is easy.

• Sitka Gear