HDE 25-Aug-23
peterk1234 25-Aug-23
milnrick 26-Aug-23
wyobullshooter 26-Aug-23
MA-PAdeerslayer 26-Aug-23
pav 26-Aug-23
x-man 26-Aug-23
25-Aug-23
How much meat do you intend to do a year ?

25-Aug-23
Mine is the old cabelas commercial grinder and think is a 1hp. Works great but my buddy has the 1/2 go and hates it. I would get the biggest one you can run as makes the job all the easier… think like a 1.5hp or so

25-Aug-23
Motor size to neck ratio is the most important consideration. A size 22 has to have at least a 1hp motor to push good amounts of meat though it without the neck heating up prematurely. A 32 neck needs -1.5. The larger the neck more waste you have per grind. If you’d going to use the grinder with tubes for stuffing a sausage consider a foot pedal. Better still consider a separate stuffer. No matter what stuffer you chose make sure you get SS tubes and not plastic.

25-Aug-23
My opinion would be to find an old one from the 50-60’s we use an old National weighs about 100lbs but only 1/2 horse still has the cloth cord and we’ve done beef and dozens of deer elk and antelope and have never bogged it down must be the gearing I guess but compared to the new cabelas type Ive been around it’s no comparison

25-Aug-23
Weston makes a good one. As mentioned, a 22 with a 1 hp motor. Anything else is a waste of money (and time).

25-Aug-23
I second the weston. I have had one now for three years. The speed at which I can grind 30 pounds of meat is staggering. Worth every penny. We probably grind 300 hundred pounds or so of meat a year.

26-Aug-23
Look at the LEM BIG BITE, it's a beast. I believe ours us either 1/2 or 1 hp model.

26-Aug-23
I’ll second the LEM Big Bite. That thing is freakin’ amazing!

26-Aug-23
I have the Cabela’s 1HP, you almost can’t keep up with it. It’s grinds some serious meat

26-Aug-23
Had my grinder for many years...no regrets. It is a Cabelas 1.5hp with #32 plates. Also have the meat tenderizer attachment...which I use about as often as the grinder. Bought the mixer attachment and sausage stuffer attachments as well...but don't use those nearly as much these days.

26-Aug-23
LEM Big Bite

• Sitka Gear