2Wild Bill 15-Sep-23
Rut Nut 15-Sep-23
Rut Nut 15-Sep-23
deerhunter72 15-Sep-23
TGbow 15-Sep-23
2Wild Bill 15-Sep-23
DanaC 16-Sep-23
05-Sep-23
I have a CPL for over 10 years and carry a handgun frequently, that includes while bowhunting. I'm considering a membership in USCCA. Are there any members on this forum? If so, would you recommend joining?

05-Sep-23
I am not a member but recently heard that SCCA insurance does not cover you if you are charged with a crime, which to me, kind of defeats the purpose of self defense insurance.

05-Sep-23
Millie (Lady Bowhunter) and I are both members in USCCA.

Would I recommend it, YES. I looked at a couple other offerings and decided to go with them.

Some of the selling points that helped me with the choice were

The insurance policy and the ability to chose your own defense counsel if ot was ever needed.

Newsletter - and updates

Training videos that seem to address real-world scenarios while stressing that de-escalation is always the best solution.

Magazine

Hope this helps

05-Sep-23
Thanks for the info. Appears USSCA is the way to go if looking for training & insurance.

06-Sep-23
My wife and I have been members for almost a year and are happy we've joined. The insurance is nice to have and adds some much needed protection in this day and age. While we haven't taken advantage of the classes they offer, we plan on it during the winter.

07-Sep-23
I joined today...

08-Sep-23
My wife and I have been members for about 8 years now. Highly recommend.

14-Sep-23
I tried USCCA, I didn’t hate it; switched to LawShield. Now I have a local 2A Attorney’s cell number. He said they can even call him with any questions.

15-Sep-23
I let my policy lapse. I need to take a look at lawshield In my home area. I most likely wouldn’t be charged if deemed justified. But when traveling, who knows what nut job DA you could fall under.

15-Sep-23
Has anyone here read "In The Gravest Extreme" or "The Truth About Self-Protection", both by noted gun writer Massad Ayoob? The books cover a lot on the legal aspects of defensive shooting. Ayoob also does videos on youtube on the 'Wilson Combat' channel.

15-Sep-23
DanaC,

Great video, thank you.

15-Sep-23
Todd- you will NEVER need a gun.........................................UNTIL you DO! ;-)

Personally, I hope and pray I NEVER have to use my "carry" gun......................................BUT if ever I AM in that situation, I want it available and ready! My biggest fear is that I will need it sometime and (for whatever reason) I do NOT have it to protect myself and my family! That's why I usually carry it whenever and wherever legal.

15-Sep-23

Rut Nut's Link
Anybody ever see this video? It hits the nail on the head......................................"be a dangerous man!" ;-)

15-Sep-23
Great video Rut Nut, thanks for sharing. I've never had CCW insurance. Don't really carry that much these days, outside of church. But I want to be able to defend my church family if the need ever arises.

15-Sep-23
I pray I never need it but I carry most of the time. I will be perfectly content if I never need it..but I'd rather have it on me than not.

15-Sep-23
TGbow,

Got insurance?

16-Sep-23
Buying insurance you need to look at your 'risk'. Are you - because of work or travel, or where you live - more or less likely to be in a 'deadly force' situation? (Not to mention the 'political' situation, attitude of local police, etc.) Population density?

I live on the thin edge of a county in Mass. that still has more people in it than the entire state of Wyoming. If I lived in the city I'd darn sure want a Glock, and insurance.

• Sitka Gear