Jasper 07-Sep-23
Jasper 07-Sep-23
Genesis 07-Sep-23
Bigdog 21 08-Sep-23
APauls 08-Sep-23
Pop-r 09-Sep-23
Franzen 10-Sep-23
05-Sep-23
I shot a WB for years with good success and then switched to a drop away. It’s worked well until recently….broke a bolt off in one, new one dropped inconsistently and several other issues. I’m leaving on an elk hunt in 2 weeks and don’t have time to deal with it right now so am going back to a WB to simplify things. The issues may be a Godwink anyway. Who still shoots one?

05-Sep-23
What drop away did you have problems with?

05-Sep-23
I’d like to know what you had problems with too.

I think WB is a solid rest for most hunting situations. I always carry on in my repair kit I take on every trip.

—Jim

05-Sep-23
It’s a simple, no frills bullet proof option. I have one in my tackle box for a back up. Shot one for years but switched to a fall away.

05-Sep-23
still do. if it works why change,

05-Sep-23
I keep one on hand for a pinch when I go out of state to hunt…just whitetails mostly but lost time is lost time. I broke a drop away in PA one year and was two days without a bow waiting for a left handed rest to get to the shop…….

05-Sep-23
I switched to a biscuit about 6 years ago after my drop away stopped dropping just a few days before the opener. I see no difference in accuracy out to 60 yards, so I've kept using it.

05-Sep-23
I've been shooting one for years. I shoot local 3D shoots and usually one of the top shooters. I know theres quite a few deer, elk and bear that don't like me shooting one. It just works for me, don't ever have problems and is dependable.

06-Sep-23
I do.. if it ain’t broke

06-Sep-23
I shoot one, but then I’m not the most tech savvy archer. Lol.

06-Sep-23
I still use one. Friend missed a 6 point 2 days ago because his drop away fail to drop. I think it was a (Smackdown)?? Guess what he replaced it with, Biscuit

06-Sep-23
I keep one in my bowhunting tote for a back up. They are a great choice.

Back in the day when I used one as my go to I was shooting aluminum arrows. The biscuit part was tight around my arrow. No gaps. I could shoot that compound tilted in any direction and hit to the same point of aim as vertical. I shot several deer that way from the ground and at weird angles behind the tree. It was pretty cool. Only down side was it made the bow much slower.

06-Sep-23
Not a fan of moving parts, whisker biscuit all the way.

06-Sep-23
I shoot a whisker biscuit. Like was mentioned before, no moving parts that mess up.

I've heard of a couple different instances where someone has missing an animal due to the drop away rest malfunctioning.... so... whisker biscuit for me.... :)

06-Sep-23
K.I.S.S. principle! Shot one for many many years before buying a new bow a couple years ago which came with a drop away. Got a new bow this year and am back to the biscuit!

06-Sep-23
All biscuit all the time

06-Sep-23
Guilty as charged!

06-Sep-23
Couple years ago I went from a biscuit to a Hamskea. But shot the biscuit for a lot of years. The hamskea is easier to tune with for sure, but I still think the biscuit is the most ingenious design ever. I love them. I just love shooting way out in practise so I prefer the hamskea for micro tuning. Ideally, I’d have a practise bow with a slider and drop away to get past 100 and then just a bullet proof hunting bow with a biscuit and fixed 5 pin

06-Sep-23
I still use one.

06-Sep-23
Yep , I should probably get a new one this year, the bristles have seen many seasons..

06-Sep-23
I do, set it easily and forget it. Why would you use a prone to fail drop away and carry a WB for backup? Just put the WB on and be done. No mechanical rest or broadheads for me, but it's great to have options.

06-Sep-23
I keep one in my pack. If you are on an out of state hunt it could save your trip.

06-Sep-23
My first bow sported the old block with a plastic coated wire that flipped forward when you shot. The first buck I ever got drawn on was a monster 8 point at 10 yards. I was probably about 14, so I was a wreck from the instant I saw him. I got to full draw early as the buck walked up the trail towards me, then he turned the opposite direction. I had to move my bow around the tree at full draw (I should have let down, but had no real idea what I was doing)...and when I settled the pin again (1 brass pin with no peep), I noticed my arrow was on top of the block instead of on the wire... I managed to wiggle it down, but the buck busted me and I squeezed off a shot that went way low... I switched to a whisker biscuit that season and have always had one... I like the idea of it being fail safe, and I've killed quite a few deer over the years without missing the few fps that it probably costs me....

06-Sep-23
I ' am a recurve hunter , however I take it you guys are talking about the original O biscuit and not the " V " biscuit ?

06-Sep-23

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
This is the one I just installed

06-Sep-23
You’re gonna be fine! As far as loss of speed,,, even if you lose 20 fps with the newer bows you’re still going to have decent speed. As far a accuracy, watch that old YouTube of the pig man shooting 100yds..

06-Sep-23
Yes I still do. Works great.

06-Sep-23
Put it on today; perfect paper tune in 3 shots. Thirty minutes to sight in…. ready for Wyoming!

06-Sep-23
You’re gonna be fine! As far as loss of speed,,, even if you lose 20 fps with the newer bows you’re still going to have decent speed. As far a accuracy, watch that old YouTube of the pig man shooting 100yds..

06-Sep-23
I shoot one on my 70 pound pull bows but shoot a drop away on my 50 pound cold weather bow because arrow flight was not good with the biscuit at that low weight draw.

06-Sep-23

06-Sep-23
I’m in, for simplicity.

06-Sep-23
When I use my compound it has one. Always really liked it.

06-Sep-23
Wouldn't be my first choice, or my last choice for that matter.

06-Sep-23
Yep, still use one with no complaints.

07-Sep-23
Biscuit for the win.

07-Sep-23
Why wouldn’t I?

07-Sep-23

Zim's embedded Photo
Moments before my 28 yard center cut heart shot.
Zim's embedded Photo
Moments before my 28 yard center cut heart shot.
Zim's embedded Photo
You can see the pink on my bow.
Zim's embedded Photo
You can see the pink on my bow.
In 2021 my bow blew up just before season opener. En route to my hunt I stopped at an old school shop in Bloomington, IL. My WB was worn out so needed to replace along with the string. Had no desire to change to some other rest. The only one he had left was pink. I took it and went on to shoot my dream buck B&C NT. Still on there for current Wyoming elk hunt. Took first place in two 3D shoots shooting a WB. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

07-Sep-23
That’s awesome Zim!!! Lol

07-Sep-23

07-Sep-23
The bumble bee of the archery world……love them

08-Sep-23
Best for hunting a no fail. No worry's

08-Sep-23
For some reason I could not get my last arrow to tune with a biscuit and my local pro shop didn't wanna deal with it and screwed on a drop away and I instantly tuned. So I put on a Hamskea. But my first choice in rest would aways be a biscuit.

09-Sep-23
I would like to know why anyone wouldn't use one. Seems lots of guys don't and I have a very difficult time understanding why.

10-Sep-23
I'm guessing that many do a lot of shooting outside of actual hunting. For that, I can see why someone would want a rest that could allow for more precision if everything is working properly. Even from a cost perspective, if a lot of arrows are shot, a biscuit will wear. Per all the Bowsite chatter from some years ago, I switched to a biscuit and am glad I did. I tend to gravitate towards the simplistic, and a biscuit is that, while working well. However, I stick to hunting only (not target).

• Sitka Gear