Tilzbow 11-Sep-23
Willieboat 11-Sep-23
Buck Watcher 11-Sep-23
APauls 11-Sep-23
Corax_latrans 15-Sep-23
midwest 15-Sep-23
WYOelker 15-Sep-23
10-Sep-23
I recently moved to a Hamskea Epsilon rest which works well enough from a whisker biscuit. I didn’t wanna do it, but couldn’t tune my new arrow build for whatever reason. I was in a rush and likely didn’t take enough time. Anyways, long story short with my Bowtech Revolt in performance mode I am having a hard time drawing down without the arrow hopping around a little and clanking the bow riser. Few times it actually jumps out of the rest containment system. Maybe because the D-loop is off at an angle? Anyways. Not happy with the control of the arrow when letting draw down.

Curious if anyone has done anything to quiet their riser. I thought of cutting and gluing pool noodle foam or something to the riser but I’d rather not glue anything permanent. The little rubber arrow holder suppled by Hamskea stayed on for one shot and then I lose it in the grass after it flipped off. Hockey tape? Likely my first move. Want something I could ultimately clean off one day if needed.

Shooting performance is as at least as good as my biscuit, but not like I notice some massive performance boost. From a hunting perspective, feel like I’ve gone down hill with “foolproofness” going to the drop away. Curious what you guys do that love the drop aways.

10-Sep-23

JTreeman's embedded Photo
JTreeman's embedded Photo
AP- here is my set-up:

Bow is a Bowtech Solution SS the rest is Hamskea Trinity. I’ve never noticed any kind of rough draw, or arrow jumping or anything like that.

—Jim

10-Sep-23
If you can't let down without the arrow coming off the rest you're shooting too much bow. Turn the weight down or switch the cam setting. Short of that, moleskin will quiet the arrow to riser noise.

10-Sep-23
Felt on the riser

10-Sep-23
Felt and make sure you don't have nock pinch.

10-Sep-23
Sounds like your loop is too tight on your nock.

10-Sep-23
As mentioned, moleskin and check your d-loop for nock pinch.

10-Sep-23
I thought it was just a given that everyone put moleskin on the riser. Shows how old I am.

11-Sep-23
Nock pinch better check it out ..now you know why WB wouldn't tune.

11-Sep-23
I'm thinking nock pinch as well. Tie 2 nock sets, 1 above and 1 below with about .5mm space for your nock.

11-Sep-23
I cover my riser on the arrow side with moleskin. I can't imagine hunting without it.

11-Sep-23
Thanks guys!! I bet it's nock pinch. Was looking at my d-loop and it looked tight. Never needed felt on the riser with a WB, but I'll be picking some up! Thanks again!

11-Sep-23
Agree solve any problem arrow jumps first, but I always silence anywhere on my riser or sight that an arrow could accidentally make noise. Lately I've been using the "non-hook" side of sticky Velcro tape. But it's a little thicker than some other options so you need to be sure it doesn't create a clearance issue.

11-Sep-23

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Ripcord makes a really good launch pad I've used with all my Hamskea's and Vapor Trail drop aways. Covers the whole bottom of the shelf and sticks really well.

11-Sep-23
I like the fuzzy (loop) half of velcro for silencing shelves and other parts. It’s extremely durable, has more padding than moleskin and felt and the heavy duty stuff sticks really well.

11-Sep-23
A Canadian doesn’t know about hockey tape ?

11-Sep-23
OR a bead of clear caulk on the edge of the riser where the arrow clanks.

11-Sep-23
Hey Willieboat guess you didn't read my 2nd paragraph ;) I know it's a lot of words for a yankee hahahaha. Buck Watcher I thought of silicone but wanted to stay away from anything permanent.

15-Sep-23
I’m confused here….

With a Stickbow…. If you’re getting any shaft contact against the riser, it’s a loud and clear warning that you have a significant tuning issue. So the D-loop issue makes sense.

The rest of it, though…. ???

That’s not to say that I don’t think it makes sense to pad a metal riser in case of incidental contact, but I’m kinda scratching my head as to what’s going on there.

Not telling you anything, just trying to understand what’s going on there….

15-Sep-23
Nock pinch from the D-loop can lift the arrow off the rest while drawing or letting down the bow. Letting down fast could cause the arrow to bounce right off the rest and contact the riser.

15-Sep-23
We put mole skin on my sons bear bow and it works pretty well. Good news we always have some to replace when it wear out etc.

• Sitka Gear