Genesis 16-Sep-23
Venom16730 16-Sep-23
Murph 17-Sep-23
15-Sep-23

ShadowMurloc22's embedded Photo
I had my Phase 4 pressed to add a twist to my string. As soon as I removed the string at the top cam to add the twist it slipped off the press and cracked the limb when it hit the press. I'm going to take it to my pro shop where I bought it so they can look it over but does anyone have an estimate on limb replacement cost? Also is it safe to keep shooting this or definitely unsafe to touch? How long will the repair take most likely? I won't be able to take it in for another week or 2.

15-Sep-23
Ask your pro shop

15-Sep-23
If you can't get there for a week or two I'd call them and have them order them so when you show up the limbs are and they can install. If the limbs are cracked don't shoot it.

15-Sep-23
If that limb is actually cracked would I not shoot it on a bet, I wouldn't even leave tension on the limbs. I would back.the limb bolts out.

16-Sep-23
How did it slip out of the press? Mathews bows have the notches for the fingers of the press to fit right into to avoid it from ever slipping.

16-Sep-23
Are you on Facebook? If so join " Mathews bows & Accessories Sale/ Trade. You might be able to find some limbs there. A set from Mathews I guessing $300.

16-Sep-23
"Also is it safe to keep shooting this or definitely unsafe to touch?"

If it were me, I would not shoot it. As for cost and how long a repair will take, I can't help with those questions.

16-Sep-23
I'm not so sure those are cracks. Looks like gouge scratches to me. Seems unlikely they'd all crack at once. Can't say for sure from just a picture, good chance I'd shoot it and keep an eye on them. (Not a recommendation, use your own judgement)

16-Sep-23
Coondog makes a good point. The new Mathews have notches built right into the limbs so you don’t have to worry about it slipping out.

16-Sep-23
I agree with Bluedog. This look like scratches not cracks. I have had those on a bow before and continued to shoot the bow the remainder of the season.

16-Sep-23
My press has a draw bar with a crank, I would put it o there and slowing crank it back while watching the damaged areas. If the damaged areas did not react as cracks, I would consider shooting it protective gear.

16-Sep-23
Mathews will likely replace the limbs. At no cost.

16-Sep-23
Mountaineer , why would Mathews replace the limbs at no cost ?

16-Sep-23
Mountaineer , why would Mathews replace the limbs at no cost ?

16-Sep-23
Because that’s been my experience with them. I’m not saying they would. I’m not saying they should. I’m saying their customer service in the past has been unmatched. And, I don’t think they are doing anything different today.

OP, Call them up. Tell them what happened. And, see what happens. You might be surprised. You might not get anything but an order placed.

16-Sep-23
If they do that that’s great

16-Sep-23
Thanks everyone for the replies. As far as how it slipped off I am still not exactly sure myself. I had it in the notches and while I was taking the string off it basically exploded. One of the press fingers was on the ground so I believe either a press finger somehow came off while the bow was pressed or something broke that I still don't see.

I did manage to get my bow to the shop today and they said they will contact Mathews but I will need to replace my limbs. The damage on both limbs looks like just damage to the paint finish but one guy disagreed and said it's a crack. Either way they said it should be ready by next weekend so I went ahead and left it for repair.

They also said Mathews may cover the repair even though it was my fault or the presses fault because they sometimes will cover the first repair no questions asked. Even if they don't it should only cost around $200-$300 for repair. That won't break the bank if that's the case. Either way I'm fine with leaving it for a week so I won't have to worry about the bow exploding during hunting season.

16-Sep-23
Essentially a dry fire and I would never shoot it regardless if I saw damage or not

16-Sep-23
Talked to a guy at the bow shop today said limbs are probably $400

17-Sep-23
I don’t know for certain but it was my understanding that if your using a last chance press that an alteration has to be made to the fingers, changing them out to accept a 3” wide limb, pocket on the new Mathew’s bows instead of the traditional 2.5” that the press come stock with

• Sitka Gear