pav 19-Sep-23
12yards 20-Sep-23
Mike Ukrainetz 20-Sep-23
Basil 20-Sep-23
drycreek 21-Sep-23
17-Sep-23

caribou77's embedded Photo
What tip or trick have you learned this fall? I’ve learned several, they may help you, you probably know most of them. 1st for me…. A tripod is amazing for glassing with binos… yep you all know that, I’ve never needed to. Once I got it out, I was instantly spotting more game than my guide ( who’s now going to put a stud in his Swarovskis just for this)

17-Sep-23

Everything I had with me in just my carry on ( or had worn)
Everything I had with me in just my carry on ( or had worn)
My outfitter warned me not to use air Canada on the way to the Yukon as they were notorious for losing luggage. I didn’t believe it could happen to me… but in preparation I packed differently. Everything I needed to hunt was in my carry on. Which included my binos, inreach, rain gear, wool underwear, gloves, stocking cap, gaiters, mid weight thermal and light windproof jacket. My carry on was my stone glacier pack, I wore my meindles and hunting pants. Infact had I had half a brain ida wore my puffy and carried my sleeping bag. All my bags were lost for days, and yet I had everything I ACTUALLY needed. I’ll never pack differently again on a long trek. Everyone kept looking at me asking if my bags came on day one, I said no, I just packed almost perfectly. Those apple air tags are incredible for knowing exactly where you lost luggage is too…

17-Sep-23

Rainbows and unicorns will get you some strange looks
Rainbows and unicorns will get you some strange looks
I also marked my hard case so i specifically knew which one was mine…. A bit of unconventional duct tape that kept the mega masculine men from cobbing my luggage and I was really hoping to blend in with the “new culture” in Toronto and Vancouver… I don’t think it worked since they still managed to “lose” my luggage.

If you do lose your luggage make sure your “heart medication” is in it so those pricks find it for you faster. I had flown 1st class and my luggage was “priority” and was still lost. Only good news is they flew it into camp on their 4K bill and anything I had to purchase for the trip cause it wasn’t there was paid for. (I’m theory, haven’t got a check yet)

17-Sep-23
Haven't learned anything yet but looking forward to fall in Virginia

17-Sep-23
Not fall yet, buddy! ;-)

17-Sep-23
If you have a cool wet spring and summer all the elk will be up in the wilderness area where I couldn't hunt.

17-Sep-23
Some of us have already been hunting Nick…. So it’s fall! Lol

17-Sep-23
This fall? It’s only sept. Fall hasn’t even started yet.

17-Sep-23
ALWAYS dress in layers. That's what I've learned over many falls.

17-Sep-23

RJ Hunt's embedded Photo
RJ Hunt's embedded Photo
That the same knife with a different sharpening angle and grit can act totally different in use.

18-Sep-23
Squirrel hunting is good,, the dove and teal are scarce compared to last couple years,, blue gill are biting good. And not as many mosquitos out.

19-Sep-23
Flew Air Canada from Vancouver to Smithers going in for my goat hunt and from Terrace to Vancouver on the way home. First time ever flying Air Canada...sounds like I got very lucky with my luggage. Glad this thread didn't surface until after my hunt...would have been a nervous wreck!

20-Sep-23
There's a lot of air around a fast flying teal.

20-Sep-23
Some great tips there Luke! Thanks. The Apple air tags are so good for tracking your antlers and cape if there are flying as extra bags on your way home too.

20-Sep-23
I’ve heard bucks roar several times in the past. Never knew does too did it until Sunday morning. Big old for with a fawn did it twice.

21-Sep-23
It’s still as dry as a popcorn fart, I haven’t planted anything yet, and the hogs have returned from the creek bottom. No good bucks on camera, but they all still have backstraps and ham steaks, so all is not lost. Those are things I learned as summer melted into fall. And I do mean melted !

• Sitka Gear