Supernaut 14-Oct-23
Jeff.Thomp 14-Oct-23
Glunt@work 14-Oct-23
Beendare 14-Oct-23
Jaquomo 14-Oct-23
Griz34 14-Oct-23
Tracker 14-Oct-23
13-Oct-23
For when it's going to be, say, 25-45F and rain is a possibility.

What do you use and why?

Gloves or mittens?

Which brand/model?

13-Oct-23
I've got the Kuiu Yukon's, and the down Glommit's. I use the Glommit's more often, though not waterproof. Warmer weather I use Sitka merino gloves or nothing.

My hands get cold pretty quick, either because I have long arms or a cold dead heart.

14-Oct-23
I just can not stand gloves. Of course I use them sparingly, and use thin tight work gloves, from the guys in the trades. When I set up, I use a muff, to keep hands dry and warm.

14-Oct-23

2Wild Bill's embedded Photo
2Wild Bill's embedded Photo
Below 40 I use Glomitts. In the photo the mitten cap is inside out to show the fleece pocket I stitched inside to contain a dry chemical warmer. Since this photo I've installed a velcro closure to hold the pocket shut and keep the warmer from slipping out. I use a tab and that stays inside with my fingers when the mitt portion is covering my fingers.

14-Oct-23
I use deer or elk hide th insulated gloves. A little waterproofing and done. I can shoot my bows with them and once broken in they are awesome.

14-Oct-23
for those temperatures in light rain and snow, i use the thinner insulated work gloves i get at the local hardware or feed store. they have a rubbery tacky substance on the palm and fingers.

i cut the top of the fingers off the right-hand glove so i can get my shooting glove on.

most times i avoid hunting in nasty weather but if i can't or get caught in a storm, i have a couple different pair of kuiu that are water/wind proof or resistant. one pair is their guide model glove.

14-Oct-23
Probably not the best option, but I use those brown jersey gloves no matter the temperature/weather. I have a hand muff warmer if it’s below 40.

14-Oct-23
Rag wool Glomitt with a hand warmer in the pouch if necessary on my bow hand.

My string hand I keep in a muffler with a hand warmer in it. I shoot a recurve with a glove so wearing anything over that hand is a PITA for me.

14-Oct-23
I always run wool fingerless and add a wool liner underneath as temps drop. Wool insulates when wet and is silent and functional enough to shoot with.

14-Oct-23
Wool glomitts. When it gets really cold, snowy and wet, Swany X-Cell are amazing. Learned that from snowmobiling.

14-Oct-23
I’m in for a good waterproof glove here.

I’ve tried a bunch on Alaskatrips and none of the insulated gloves stay waterproof long.

14-Oct-23
Wool military surplus gloves in different weights, fingered and fingerless. Wool is the best I've found for wet conditions.

14-Oct-23

Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Wool gloves, if colder, mittens over them

14-Oct-23
I like the Outdoor Research Commuter Windstopper gloves. They aren't completely waterproof, but they shed it pretty good.

https://www.outdoorresearch.com/products/commuter-windstopper-gloves-300552?variant=46252504809793

14-Oct-23
Wool fingerless glove. If raining I wear a waterproof shell that can easily be taken off.

• Sitka Gear