Beendare 18-Oct-23
Knifeman 18-Oct-23
'Ike' (Phone) 19-Oct-23
carcus 19-Oct-23
Beendare 19-Oct-23
brettpsu 19-Oct-23
sticksender 19-Oct-23
16-Oct-23
Looking for binocular harness recommendations... What do you use and reasons why you love it? Currently looking towards FHF Gear Pro-M but some of the reviews say the straps are too short? I wear some pretty bulky insulated gear sometimes... will it work?

Thanks!

16-Oct-23
Outdoor vision. You are going to get a lot of marsupial, fhf, Alaskan creation’s, and Kuiu recommendations. But, none are more compact and user friendly than the outdoor vision. That’s a fact. And, none work better or as quiet.

I just stalked and killed a whitetail at 32 yards. I was able to remove and replace my 10x bino’s one handed. I was closing it between use so the bino’s wouldn’t fall out while crawling. The harness is quiet enough to allow that. Buy with confidence.

16-Oct-23
Depends on your requirements.

The fully sealed Badlands and Marsupial versions are sealed and good in very dusty conditions but heavier and sweatier.

I like the Kuiu pro, keeps them pretty clean- and its light.

16-Oct-23
Any type of "pouch" type harness just doesn't work for me. They are too bulky and inconvenient to use. The minimalist Rick Young harness is my preference.

Matt

16-Oct-23
Badlands here, mainly because that is what the local store had on sale. So far it works as designed.

16-Oct-23
Look at horn hunters bino harness, awesome and not bulky like the rest

16-Oct-23
KUIU Pro is perfect for my 12x50 EL’s

16-Oct-23

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Rick Young is freedom

16-Oct-23
I really like my KUIU XL......but both of them have developed “creaks” which are unacceptable for whitetail and any stalking situation (but fine for elk)...

I’m all ears as well.

Mark

16-Oct-23
Same thing here Mark Watkins my Bono’s fit great in the KUIU pro so does my wind checker, chapstick and a few other things but it does make a creaking noise when it’s dead quiet. Never have been able to figure out where it’s coming from other than just what it’s made out of. ??????

16-Oct-23
If you want a minimal system that’s very functional, Rick Young is it.

16-Oct-23
For treestand hunting whitetails, I use a 20 year old Cabelas harness that reminds me more of Charlie's device, for trips out West where I am more moile and using a larger set of binocs, I have the Kuiu Harness that I like pretty well.

16-Oct-23
I can’t believe how many don’t look at the Stone Glacier harness. I bought one this year and the rangefinder pouch as well. Best one I have ever used. Easy to remove binos and rangefinder. Attached the included tether and I can drop either of them and they just hang right off one of the shoulder straps. I like smaller harnesses like this one without all those dang bulky pockets sticking out everywhere. They have two sizes to choose from and each one is adjustable for a tighter fit over your binos and rangefinder. They did this one right.

16-Oct-23

16-Oct-23
I recently bought the Eberlestock. I don’t hate it but after two big trips I wouldn’t recommend it. Hard to put put on and take off. Difficult to adjust. Wish it had some elastic in the harness.

17-Oct-23
I use a Badland harness when I hunt on the ground for elk, moose, sheep, ect.. I like the protection that the Badland harness provides and how clean it stays inside. When I treestand hunt for whitetails I use the original Kuiu harness because the magnet closure on the Badland harness is too difficult to close w/o making noise. The Kuiu harness does not stay as clean inside as the Badlands harness but I usually have the binoculars in my pack until I am in a tree so it is not an issue.

17-Oct-23
I have the Kuiu pro. It's too bulky & the lid/cover doest completely close on my Leica 10x42 binos. I don't recommend it...

17-Oct-23
If I were hunting out west where I would be on the move a lot more, I’d probably consider a fully enclosed harness to protect my binos. However, for my treestand hunting I haven’t found anything I like better than the Rick Young. I use the lens cover attachment to protect the lens from debris and while in my pack. I quickly take the cover off when needed or can easily disconnect it completely and slip into a pocket while on stand. I can swing the binos around to my side or lock them down tight to my chest when on the move or climbing into my stand. It is light and easy to put on. Quick and quiet to use my binos when needed and no bulk.

17-Oct-23
The Stone Glacier is a good choice for low profile, not much storage, harness. I bought it cause I liked the rangefinder pouch actually and am on my 3rd season with it. I also have the new Kifaru, which I won, didn't buy. It is larger and has some well thought out pockets/storage if you are into that kind of thing. It's well built, the 1 negative is that it doesn't come with tethers for binos or rangefinder. I wore it hiking and shooting my bow all summer and may use it hunting sometime but haven't so far.

17-Oct-23
Ive got a Marsupial from when they first came out. Solid harness. I used my son's this year on my early season Muley rifle hunt. Nice improvements. Needed the Molle straps on the bottom for my Spartan bipod. Early models did not have them. I like that one but have looked at a bunch of diffferent brands at TAC events this summer and they are all pretty similar. That said, they can be overkill for treestand hunting. Used to use one of the Crooked Horn harnesses and it was just fine.

17-Oct-23
I still can't find anything I like better than the original Kuiu harness. It's about as minimal as I want to get, and about as bulky as I want to get. I got the Kuiu Pro somewhere in the house, it's too bulky.

This year on a walking hunt in Africa I actually used the Swaro neck strap that came with my Binos and wore the binos over my shoulder with the binos riding almost on my right hip. Worked well for that, but there was no chance of rain and the chest harness would be in the way. I actually kinda liked it and may wear them like that some more.

17-Oct-23
I’m happy enough with my Badlands. I have an Alaska Guide Creations but I needed a second spot for my rangefinder.

17-Oct-23
Bake x2

17-Oct-23
The minimalist Rick Young harness is my preference. I have an old camo cover from Cabela's that protect the lens.

18-Oct-23
Another low rating for the Kuiu Pro. The earlier Kuiu original in size L, fit my Swaro EL 10X42 just fine. Then I bought the Pro, in same size L. Was a lot bulkier, with wasted space inside. Why would you change dimensions from an L to an XL, but still call it an L?

18-Oct-23
They all work- different strokes. Thats why I say a guy needs to factor in what type of hunting you do.

No way I want the big thick sealed cases like a Badlands if all of my hunting is backpacking into the mountains- the sweat stain on your chest will tell the tale.

But that same case on a hunt driving many miles on an ATV in dry AZ is money for keeping the choking dust off.

18-Oct-23
Just not comfy with a Kuiu type harness, another vote for the Rick Young

19-Oct-23
Mystery Ranch…

19-Oct-23
just finished looking at a bunch of them, i got lucky when I purchased the horn hunter ones, they are much lower profile then all the rest, I'd say they are the best, only drawback is the magnets, they can fuk with your compass. Seems all the other brands are massive when they don't need to be, maybe catering to long distance guys that carry huge binos

19-Oct-23
Carcus brings up a good point with those strong magnets.....I have avoided them.

Those strong magnets might mess with your phone or the Zoleo and InReach chipsets if in very close proximity- not sure.

19-Oct-23
Another vote for the simple Rick Young. If I need to keep the binos protected I go with the Kuiu Pro with some field modifications done. Cut the back panel down about 2" for getting the 10x42 SLC out easier. It's not the greatest design and kind of bulky but I like the connections better than the original design.

19-Oct-23
I too favor the Rick Young harness and the form-fitting Rick Young Neoprene cover. For me it gives the fastest access to my Leica 10x42's while still fully protecting them from dust and debris. Can't abide the bulk and the awkward access of the box-style cases.

• Sitka Gear