Charlie Rehor 28-Apr-24
Scoot 28-Apr-24
Bou'bound 29-Apr-24
Beav 29-Apr-24
jmiller 29-Apr-24
Chief 419 29-Apr-24
Shug 06-May-24
30-Oct-23
I’m going to post a little thread that I hope is a feel-good story that maybe, just might restore a little faith in humanity. Seems like a lofty goal to me, but when I think about this one, that’s what it does for me and I'm hopeful it has a similar impact on most of you who read it.

Gaven J. is my wife’s cousin’s 14 year old son. G, as I call him, is a typical boy on my wife’s side (either side, actually) of the family- he loves sports! He’s a football, basketball, and baseball nut… and he’s pretty darn good at all of them. He’s also a good student and generally just a good kid. He’s quiet- his grandpa told me “He’s a young man of very few words.” I’ve found that to be true, but we share enough interests and time that we’ve had plenty to chat about during our outings together.

I’ve been around Gaven a little since he was born, but honestly it was fairly infrequent, and I didn’t really know Gaven very well until this past year. Sadly, Gaven’s dad died in his early 40s last year. Since that time, I took it upon myself to get Gaven in the outdoors as much as I could. He loves anything hunting and fishing and was interested in getting into bowhunting. His dad had bought him a bow a couple years ago and I had helped them get it set up. However, Gaven’s bow was inadequate to hunt big game (although we did chase turkeys with it a few times this spring) and he didn’t have any gear for bowhunting deer.

30-Oct-23

Scoot's Link
This is the beginning of the feel-good part… Jasper had his 5th annual bowsite bow giveaway this year. I entered Gaven thinking he was a good fit. Turns out some folks agreed and Gaven was chosen to be the recipient of a whole pile of gear. Some of the folks who gave Gaven a donation asked to remain anonymous, but some didn’t. Given that I can’t remember who did and didn’t request anonymity, I’m going to keep all of them anonymous. But, Gaven was given: a bow, two dozen arrows, field points, broadheads, a pack, a knife, a facemask, a Sitka hoody, and a few other goodies too. The financial value of all that gear is significant, but the value of all of it to Gaven is significant way beyond money. He is truly a grateful kid. I think he was pretty surprised to get all that great stuff from people who had no reason to give it to him, other than they wanted to help him out and see him get in the outdoors. I’m equally humbled by the whole thing and extremely thankful to Jasper and all of the people who donated to this. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and I know Gaven echos this thank you to all of you as well.

Here's the link to Jasper's '23 bow giveaway.

30-Oct-23

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo

30-Oct-23

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo

30-Oct-23

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo

30-Oct-23

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo

30-Oct-23

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo

30-Oct-23

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo
Gaven’s new bow is an Elite Ember. That bow really slings those FMJs! If we can get a deer in front of him, I think he’ll zip an arrow right through it, even at his relatively low poundage. But, we have to get a deer in front of him! I’ve gotten in the woods a good bit this year, but nearly all of my hunting has been with youth hunters. Between Gaven, my niece, and my nephew, I haven’t hunted much with me as the guy who would get the shot. However, every time I’ve gone out by myself I’ve had multiple deer in Gaven’s range. Every time I’ve had G with me, we have struggled! It’s been jinxed so far this year!

G has been patient and we’re still putting in our time. Stay tuned for more updates on our deer chasing adventures!

30-Oct-23
Looking forward to following along. It’s a great thing you are doing for Gavin!

My son has an Elite Ember and that’s a great bow!!

30-Oct-23
Those smiles means it was already all worth it! The generosity and quality of outdoorsmen is never to be underestimated. You guys are amazing. Way to go Scoot!

30-Oct-23
Good on you,Scoot! I’m betting Gavin is having more fun than you are, but not by much!

30-Oct-23
You had me right from the beginning... this going to be good!

30-Oct-23
Thanks guys, but it's Jasper and the very generous people who donated significant things to G who deserve a ton of credit! These weren't trivial items that Gaven got- big ticket items that mean a ton to Gaven. So generous and heart warming! Now... if he just had a better guide!!! Actually, I think we'll get him a chance soon. Just need the stars to align a little and the tough luck to leave us along. That and swirly winds have been our nemesis so far. But I have faith!

30-Oct-23
Best thread in a long time.

Keep it coming Scoot and best of luck to you and Gavin!

As a mentioned above, those smiles say it all even for a man of few words like Gavin.

30-Oct-23
Congratulations to all of you !

30-Oct-23
Good on you Scoot. Best of luck Gavin and welcome to the bowhunting family! Go get’em and remember to enjoy the hunt even if you don’t tag out.

Great post!

30-Oct-23
Awesome Scoot! Can't wait for updates, I'm praying he gets a perfect shot opportunity!

30-Oct-23
Best of luck guys!

30-Oct-23
Definitely an awesome thing that Jasper coordinates and for everyone else stepping up. Good luck on your guiding service Scoot. I don't think you would know what to do without a kid by your side. Way to be a role model.

30-Oct-23
I'm so tired of all the negative news in the world right now...

This story is the best positive I've seen or read in a while. Thanks for sharing Scoot and best of luck this season Gavin!!!

Keep this thread going!!!

30-Oct-23
Keep at it Gavin and scoot! My season has started slow here in mn but as of the last couple days the chasing has started to get them on their feet! Great thread any way it ends!

30-Oct-23
Keep at it Gavin and scoot! My season has started slow here in mn but as of the last couple days the chasing has started to get them on their feet! Great thread any way it ends!

30-Oct-23
The world needs more people like Jasper and all who pitched in, and you for taking the time to get Gavin and others out. Sorry for Gavin’s loss of his dad, but it’s great the way you have stepped up to mentor him. Hope he gets his shot, but it will all be worth it even if not.

30-Oct-23
Good stuff, Scott!

31-Oct-23
Good man Scott! Best of luck Gaven!!!

31-Oct-23
Way to go man....he will remember the time your spending with him now for the rest of his life and appreciate it more and more as he ages. Good luck

31-Oct-23
Good stuff, Scoot! Good luck to you guys

31-Oct-23
"I don't think you would know what to do without a kid by your side."

Hahaha maybe true, fastflight! I've been so lucky- I've been able to take out so many great kids! Gaven is definitely no exception. Thanks to all for the kind words. G and I both appreciate it. Hopefully we can get out this weekend, or maybe even sneak out an afternoon before. We'll see!

31-Oct-23
Do good boys, and thanks for passing it on Scoot

31-Oct-23
Good on you, Scott, Jasper and all the generous donors. I’ll be following.

31-Oct-23
This is GREAT Scoot! LOVE it! Put the time in and it is bound to happen. And meanwhile you are teaching him the patience of a bowhunter! ;-)

I hope to be able to post a story about Brandon who I am mentoring soon as well. Ironically he is ALSO my wife’s cousin’s son! His father does not bowhunt so I volunteered to mentor him. We are planning to hunt his Uncle’s property soon. He’s been shooting a lot but doesn’t quite feel confident enough yet to hunt with it, but he’s close! Hopefully a little more mentoring and he will be ready!

THANKS to all the GREAT Bowsiters who are making this happen! : )

31-Oct-23
Hang in there Scoot, the opportunity will come and G will make the most of it. Another bowhunter will be born !

Good on you for taking the kids hunting !

31-Oct-23
Get em G-man!

31-Oct-23
Natural form... thanks for a great thread. Have a great time and stay safe bros!

31-Oct-23
Great thread! Nice to see a really positive one. Go get 'em!

31-Oct-23
What a great "feel good story"! Kudo's to you for making it happen. What a great example of humanity!

31-Oct-23
Good work Scoot! Hope you guys can connect!

01-Nov-23
Good on you and the others too! Good luck to Gaven on his first bow kill!

01-Nov-23
Great story.

01-Nov-23
You are a good man Scoot!! Good luck the rest of the season!

02-Nov-23
THIS is exactly what I had envisioned when I started this bow giveaway 5 years and 9 bows ago! Mentors like Scott are the real hero’s in these stories. It’s one thing to give a kid some gear and a bow but without someone to take the time and lead them, the chances of the recipients becoming lifelong lovers of our great sport are significantly lessened. Bow hunting has blessed me so much over the last 50 years and this is one of the best ways I can think of to pay it back. I’ll continue this program for as long as I’m around so y’all keep your eyes and ears open for young people and mentors to keep it going. Scott and Gaven…..best of luck, many blessings and keep the pics and stories coming! Thanks again Scott!!

03-Nov-23
This stuff is what makes bowsite great. Can’t imagine life without a bow. You guys are class acts! Good luck to all the new bowhunters! Especially rooting for Gavin!

03-Nov-23
Good luck to Gavin this year!! Great uncle you are!!!!

04-Nov-23
Good luck to both of you Scoot & Gavin. A shot opportunity is coming soon.

04-Nov-23
Hope he gets a slammer. Look forward to this thread...your a good man Scoot. God Bless

24-Nov-23

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo
Been a little bit since G got out with me- our schedules have not been synced very well. But we're out tonight! Been a little quiet at the food plot, but with a SW wind that's our best option tonight. My brother, Jake, Logan, and Ryan are also all in the woods tonight too. I think an arrow will fly tonight! Who will let it go? Who knows...

24-Nov-23
Fingers crossed for Gaven!

Thanks for the update!

24-Nov-23
Fingers crossed!!

24-Nov-23
Fingers crossed!!

24-Nov-23
Awesome thanks for posting!

24-Nov-23
Praying it all falls in place for Gaven!

24-Nov-23
An arrow was flung! I'll report back in the AM with more info.

24-Nov-23
Heck yeah !

24-Nov-23
That’s what I like to hear! : )

24-Nov-23
Good on you for getting him out.

24-Nov-23
Suspense!! Looking forward to tomorrow’s results. Fingers crossed!!

25-Nov-23
Alright!

25-Nov-23
Mid evening a doe fawn came out to our west 40 yards away. G needs em close- 15 yards and in is what we've decided on. The deer cooperated- it very slowly worked towards us and looked as if it was going to pass just a few yards in front of us. When it got to 10 yards and almost in his window to shoot she caught a questionable whiff of something she didn't like and scooted into the woods just 5 yards to out right. Dang it!

We saw a couple more deer over the next hour but they passed by out of range. I looked at the clock and we had 15 minutes left. G said "If one comes out it's going to have to be very soon or I won't be able to see it." Just after he said that I looked out of the little peep window and a doe popped out of the woods 5 yards to our right. G slowly and quietly grabbed his bow with his left hand- that was all it took to get busted! There wasn't a breath of wind and it was almost impossible at that range. But the doe didn't know what she heard and she looped in front of us and gave G a 12 yard broadside shot. Unfortunately the deer was directly behind my blind spot and I couldn't see it.

G was at full draw and all I could do was watch him. I could see him bare down and really try hard to lock in and concentrate. It seemed like forever, but after about 6-8 seconds the arrow left the bow. I heard what I'm sure was contact and then the deer running. I stuck my head out of the blind and saw it running in the woods on the far side of the plot. It sounded like a steamroller crashing through the woods. Then all went silent.

G thought he missed. I am totally confident I heard a hit. However, no blood, no arrow, no deer last night. We went back in the light this morning and found the same thing- nothing. Dang it.

25-Nov-23
Dang it! I have to think if he had clarity to focus for several seconds, at that close range he should have it? But if no blood?

25-Nov-23
Good try. It will happen !!!

25-Nov-23
Carl, I couldn't see it so I just don't know. But... in my mind that doe was totally on to us and likely was jumpy a heck (she looked super twitchy as she walked out of my site). I'm guessing it dropped and he hit it very high. But that 100% speculation. No blood, hair, or arrow so I really don't know.

25-Nov-23
Hey good try guys we’ve all been there. Keep after it!

My oldest daughter Autumn, is also after her first bow deer. She’s shooting an Ember as well. I know aiming for the 12 ring is ingrained in her mind and on a wired up doe she’s gonna have to aim for the arm pit. Not saying this is what happened to Gavin’s deer but it’s what Autumn is learning right now. Trying to read the animal and make a good shot is not easy for her with all the excitement.

Then again, a young buck in the rut right now, would probably just stand there and not duck lol

Good times, thanks for the update and passing it on. Good Luck!

25-Nov-23
ND- good luck to Autumn!

I totally agree on the aiming point. Ryan learned that lesson many years ago now. That's a hard thing to learn, especially for newbies!

I asked G if he was shaking after the shot. He said "Yes, but I was already shaking before the shot too!" Lots of adrenaline and lots probably going through his head. All part of the learning process!

25-Nov-23
This is a great post.

Good luck to the both of you.

25-Nov-23
“Yes, but I was already shaking before the shot too!"

And that’s the exact reaction he should have! That’s awesome! Gaven will learn to control shakes, but hopefully never loses the urge to.

Your team is going to get it done Scoot! You’ve both earned it.

25-Nov-23
Keep having fun out there!

25-Nov-23
Awesome adventure so far!!!!

Tell him we all miss from time to time, it's just part of the game!

Good luck G and Scoot!!

God Bless!!!

25-Nov-23
Shoot, if you haven’t missed you ain’t shot at enough animals! Keep after it guys! It’ll happen!

26-Nov-23
The fact that he has put so much time in and he made that decision to shoot all on his own is awesome. A miss can be just about as good as a hit, the fire of bow hunting is instilled scoot and Gavin has you to thank. As we all know the learnt process of bowhunting is never over and Gavin has certainly had some excellent knowledge I putted to his Brian. Experience is what he needs and I'll bet the next chance he gets he smashes it. Looking forward to seeing the grip and grin photo.

26-Nov-23
Gavin and your mentors, Thank You for the read. You are taking part in a hunting tradition that goes back at least 2 million years and possibly as much as 180,000 years just for archery.

I have a nephew (one of my 3 God children) that shoots 8-10 deer per year with his bow (multiple states and special permit hunts, etc.) I still remember him as a youth when his arrow fell off of the rest 3 times when he was drawing on a nice 12 point buck at only 15 yards. His father and I were with him on the ground during a spot n' stalk scouting trip when it happened. That was shortly after his grandfather, a lifelong bowhunter, had died. Never got an arrow into that buck but I knew right then he was hooked for life. Hopefully Gavin will have a lifetime of experiences to look forward to.

God Bless

26-Nov-23
When they’re so close that all you see is brown in your sights most of us have probably made the mistake of not picking a spot. I know I’ve done that.

Stay after it. He’ll get it done

26-Nov-23
Every miss is a learning opportunity! Hang in there, it’ll happen! Just being out in God’s Great Outdoors is a win

26-Nov-23
Great memories being shared right here.

Hang in there young fella.

Good luck, Robb

26-Nov-23
Cold, snow, and wind here today. Gaven said he's going to stay home today and skip hunting tonight. Too cold for him. His cold weather gear is a bit lacking. We'll work on that in the off season.

26-Nov-23
Hang in there, Gavin!!

26-Nov-23
How much longer is season Scoot?

26-Nov-23
Dang, I was on the edge of my seat with that doe! Cool all the way around Scoot! BTW, I love that Jones style hat!

26-Nov-23
Carl- we have about 5 weeks left.

26-Nov-23
Several of us hunted last night. We put Logan in the money spot and he made good on the opportunity. It took until this morning to recover the nice doe he shot, but we got it. I was really relieved because we got some snow overnight and we were very concerned about a recovery.

26-Nov-23

Scoot's embedded Photo
12yards- that's Logan's favorite hat. He gave me mine and I like it too. It reminds me of my grandpa.
Scoot's embedded Photo
12yards- that's Logan's favorite hat. He gave me mine and I like it too. It reminds me of my grandpa.

26-Nov-23
Jones style hat is a classic! Congrats, Logan!

26-Nov-23
Good hat! Congratulations on that big doe!

26-Nov-23
Congrats! 5 more weeks?! PLENTY of time for Gaven! Keep it up!

26-Nov-23
Congratulations to Logan! Nice doe!

26-Nov-23
Attaboy Logan!!! Hang in there Gavin!!!

26-Nov-23
Great job Logan! The Jones hat is my favorite too.

26-Nov-23
The Good Stuff!!!

26-Nov-23
Nice job Scoot getting the kids out there bowhunting! Love these threads.

27-Nov-23
Way to go Logan!!!

27-Nov-23
Great job Logan, congrats on a beautiful deer!

Thanks for this thread Scoot, it's excellent.

27-Nov-23
Wonderful!

30-Nov-23
Thanks for the updates Scoot. Keep at it Gaven! You’ll get the next one.

30-Nov-23
Awesome to read through this story! Keep after em! Gaven is going to get that perfect opportunity real soon!

30-Nov-23
Way to go Logan! Hang in there Gavin!

30-Nov-23
Congratulations

30-Nov-23
I talked with Gaven yesterday- not sure on which day or days, but he would like to hunt again this weekend. I hope the wind direction cooperates and we get a deer in front of him!

30-Nov-23
Can't wait to hear all about it!

30-Nov-23
Fingers crossed!!!

30-Nov-23
Good luck Scoot! Pulling for you and Gavin!

30-Nov-23
Get in that tree and get us a story!!

30-Nov-23
Ambush, get outta this thread and get us THE story!!! :)

30-Nov-23
Rod thanks for getting these kids in the woods, hopefully they will be hooked for life.

30-Nov-23
Get in that tree and get us a story!!

30-Nov-23
Congrats!

30-Nov-23
Great work Scoot!

Mark

03-Dec-23

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo
Wanted to hunt in a stand but the wind didn't allow for it tonight. Back in the blind at the plot.

03-Dec-23
Good luck tonight, Gavin!

03-Dec-23
Fingers crossed.

03-Dec-23
Good luck Gaven!

03-Dec-23
Let’s GO…..G!!!

03-Dec-23
Totally dead night, until the last 30 minutes. G said "There's one... it's small... but a bigger one is behind it."

Soon a fawn worked into the shooting window at 15 yards. G said "Too little, I don't want to shoot that one." As we watched it an even smaller fawn strolled through our window at 6 yards away. Soon after the "bigger one" turned, walked straight at us, then turned at 6 yards and walked away. Gaven never flinched. They were both small and he gave them a pass.

...and that was it for the night.

03-Dec-23
Good for you Gaven…passing the little ones. Keep after it fellas, it will happen!

03-Dec-23
Nice job Gaven and thanks for the update Scoot.

03-Dec-23
Great job. There are adults here that would have shot the roaster size deer. You did Great !!

03-Dec-23
Just caught this one. Hope it happens for Gavin soon and thanks for passing it on, Scoot!

09-Dec-23

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo
Cold, windy, and moderately miserable in the woods tonight. G decided to stay home tonight. ... of course I had 7 inside of his effective range.

10-Dec-23
So glad to see y’all still at it! Perseverance will pay off! Can’t wait to celebrate!

11-Dec-23
Dang it Scoot! Although your gear allows you to "suffer" in relative comfort, while he's not set up as well. Keep him at it!

24-Dec-23
Well, G passed on the last few offers to hunt and yesterday told me he is done for this year. Not sure if he doesn't like hunting in the cold, if he got frustrated/impatient with the effort, or what it was that resulted in that decision- I didn't ask a why as I didn't want to push him too much. He says he wants to turkey hunt this spring, so that will be our next time out. Thanks again for all of your generosity, folks! Merry Christmas! Scott

24-Dec-23
Merry Christmas Scoot, thx for sharing, and thx for investing the time to teach the next generation!

24-Dec-23
Thanks for everything Scott! Looking forward to turkey season!

24-Dec-23
You led the horse to water Scott and who knows, it may came back to drink. Doesn't diminish your efforts one bit. Congrats on getting future hunters out there!!

24-Dec-23
He's young, and he either has it or doesn't! No shame either way! Keep offering to take him tough!

Thanks for all you are doing Scott!

24-Dec-23
Good on you, buddy, for mentoring this young man! I’m betting we’re going to be following along with you guys next spring, as well. Merry Christmas to you and Gavin’s families!

25-Dec-23

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo
Hoping to cancel Christmas for a deer tonight! Have my nephew Kaden out tonight.

22-Apr-24
Anyone remember this thread? I sure do. I've been hoping to get back at it with Gaven so we can draw some blood with the bow, arrows, broadheads, and gear that were donated by a whole bunch of Bowsiters. Most of you will remember, but Jasper started this deal and Gaven is a very fortunate recipient of his, and all of the kind Bowsiter's, generosity.

Well... Gaven is back! He's been shooting his bow a lot over the past month in hopes of being ready for turkey season. It worked to get him out yesterday (Sunday) morning. I picked G up at 5:05 AM and off we went. I was a little bleary eyed, after hunting the early morning and evening with Ryan on Saturday, but we got to our spot in plenty of time.

22-Apr-24

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo

22-Apr-24

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo
G- a turkey ninja!

22-Apr-24

Scoot's embedded Photo
It was a beautiful morning!
Scoot's embedded Photo
It was a beautiful morning!

22-Apr-24
We had quite a few birds gobbling in the trees I expected them to be in. They got down and gobbled like crazy. We couldn't see them for a very long time and soon they faded away. After an hour of silence, I spotted a fan over a ridge about 200 yards NW of us. Soon a dozen or so turkeys were headed our general direction.

22-Apr-24

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo

22-Apr-24
The birds stayed N of us by about 80 yards and disappeared over a ridge to our E. After 30 minutes of silence, I peaked behind us and saw several toms headed our direction. They were cresting the ridge directly behind us and about 40 yards away. However, they seemed content staying right where they were. Soon a group of jakes teamed up with them. We were set up right on a fence line and the toms were on the other side of the fence and the jakes were on our side. They all eventually very slowly worked our direction. It took another 30 minutes for them to close to 20 yards. But... for no apparently reason, the jakes suddenly took off on a brisk walk right towards our decoys, coming from behind us and on our right side.

I got my hand of the record button on my camera and was ready to press record the second I saw movement on our right side. As I looked past G waiting for movement, I suddenly noticed him tense up and seem to lock in. I turned my head to the left and saw a tom come under the fence from the left, with another one just behind him. I hit record and watched it all unfold.

22-Apr-24
Oh yeah!

22-Apr-24
I tend to struggle with handling video- let's see how this goes...

22-Apr-24
Judging by the way the bird reacted to the shot (buckled, turned and ran like heck), I thought G had hit him low and that the shot was probably not lethal. We tried to get another arrow loaded and get a crack at the other tom. It took a while, but G finally got loaded and ready to shoot, but just then the bird walked to the right and out of his window of opportunity.

Ten minutes later, I called in three other toms and G almost, but didn't quite get a shot at one of them. Dang it- so close! We waited another hour or more, then decided to call it a day. First order of business was to look for the bird. I wasn't very optimistic- when birds react like that one did, it doesn't typically end well (particularly when the bow isn't pushing a ton of KE because of lower poundage when hunting with a kid).

22-Apr-24
We walked down the fenceline in the direction the bird appeared to have run. His arrow was right behind the blind- I almost stepped on it getting out. I walked the fenceline and G stayed a little to my left. As we walked, I heard him mutter "Oh, that's just a dirt pile", as he looked towards some gopher mounds. I crested the ridge, hoping to see a dead bird beyond it. No such luck. Gaven walked back towards the blind, but farther North this time (over by the gopher mounds). As I looked over the crest of the ridge, I heard Gaven whisper/yell "Scott!" I turned and saw him fist pump. He was standing over what looked to be a gopher mound, but as I got closer, a tom turkey took shape, mixed in between several black mounds of dirt. G had killed his first animal with a bow.

22-Apr-24
Gaven's smile was ear to ear! Gaven is a pretty stoic guy, but he was obviously very excited. It made me smile.

Upon further inspection, G's shot wasn't low at all- it was about perfect! His shot was so good that the center of the bullhead had hit the bird perfectly centered in the head. With lower KE, this can really stop the arrow fast! But... it certainly did its job and the bird had only gone about 30 yards.

22-Apr-24

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo
Here's a screen capture from the video- might be a little tough to see, but the shot was great! Kinda cool to see the arrow buckle after the initial contact.

22-Apr-24

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo

22-Apr-24

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo

22-Apr-24

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo
My favorite picture so far this Spring- I'm super happy for G!

22-Apr-24
Thanks once again to Jasper for pulling this whole thing together. Thanks to all the kind Bowsiters who so generously gave to Gaven. He's extremely grateful, and so am I!

22-Apr-24
That is awesome!! Congrats G!! And great job Scoot!!! You sir are a good man!

22-Apr-24
YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to you and Gavin both! What an awesome revival to this thread. Thx for sharing and thx so much for your dedication!

22-Apr-24
This is awesome! Thanks for sharing it with us. Great to see kids being involved

22-Apr-24
Congratulations Gavin!!!! And Thank You Scoot for getting a young man hooked on bow hunting!

22-Apr-24
I was excited to see this thread pop back up. Super excited for him! And good on you for taking him out!

22-Apr-24
When I watched the video I thought there's no way that bird ran away!!! He absolutely 10-ringed that shot!!! Congrats Gaven, super excited for you! Good job Scoot on the time invested and the leadership shown to Gaven! Pete

22-Apr-24
Awesome shot! That will certainly light a fire that will help keep Gaven warm during those cold whitetail hunts! Congrats to Gaven and kudos to you Scoot!

22-Apr-24
That smile says it all!!!! Congrats!

22-Apr-24
NICE!!! Congrats to Gavin for making a great shot...to Scoot for being such a dedicated bowhunting mentor for this young man...and to Jasper for getting this young bowhunter (and several others) started!!!

22-Apr-24
Way to go Gavin! Nice shot man! And thanks for passing it on Scoot! Good Karma for sure!

22-Apr-24
Wonderful, thanks for sharing. I think it's extra neat that it took a few minutes of searching and then Gaven found him first. That feeling of uncertainty followed by success will stick with that young man for a long time, WTG!!!

22-Apr-24
That is cool as heck! He's one up on me! I've never shot a turkey with an arrow.

22-Apr-24
Congrats G!!! You too Scoot!!!!

22-Apr-24
Great deal Gavin! Nice job Scott, hopefully he learned to keep after it, whatever it is.

22-Apr-24
This is awesome!!!!

Way to go G and Scoot. Huge congrats to you both!!!

22-Apr-24
Truly enjoyed this! Congrats to both of you!

22-Apr-24
Congrats Gavin. Great job Scoot! So awesome!!

23-Apr-24
Whaahoo, great job to you both!!!!!

23-Apr-24
Way to go Gavin!!! Scoot, kudos to you for mentoring , now let’s see a deer this fall. Great job!!!

23-Apr-24
Yessss!! Way to go, Gavin! Hopefully, just the first of many more successful hunts. Great shot, too. A shout out as well, to Jasper and others who donated to Jasper’s bow give-away project. And even bigger kudos to you, Scoot, for your dedication to mentoring this young man (and other youngsters). Great job, buddy!

24-Apr-24
LB, on the drive home, I said to Gaven, "Well... you shot a nice tom with your bow. What's next?" He immediately said "I want to shoot a deer this fall." I'm looking forward to trying to help him accomplish that!

24-Apr-24
That is awesome man!!! Congratulations G!!! Very Well done!!!

And a big thanks to you Scoot for taking us along for the ride and for all you do for these kids!!

God Bless!!!

Scar

24-Apr-24
I can't wait for Scoot & Gavin's fall deer thread!

24-Apr-24
Good job all the way around. Congratulations…should make some good sandwiches or fried turkey nuggets.

25-Apr-24
Oh man, haven’t been in here in a little while and missed this! Congratulations Gaven and Scoot! That kid made a shot most archers can’t make….wow! Stories like this are what the bow giveaway is about. An unselfish mentor who loves people and our sport enough to give his time and a youngster who gets hooked and will be a defender of bowhunting in the future. Thanks for sharing the story, made my day!!!

25-Apr-24
Congratulations!!

25-Apr-24
Heck yeah! Way to go Gaven!

25-Apr-24
Congratulations G...way to go. Awesome job!

27-Apr-24
Man, I just re-read this, and those smiles are worth a million bucks!!

So awesome!!! G did an amazing job, and Scoot, you are the best brother!! God Bless!!!!

28-Apr-24
Your doing great in raising your son to be a hunter. I follow all your threads... Congrats to you both!

28-Apr-24
That’s terrific.

28-Apr-24
Thank you guys-- very much appreciated. However, ask Ryan just how great I am these days. I've successfully guided him into killing a fair amount of time this spring. But that's all I've helped him kill! We're trying though...

29-Apr-24
Yo da man Gavin

29-Apr-24
Congratulations! Something he will never forget. Good for you Scoot to make it happen!

29-Apr-24
Very cool Scott!

29-Apr-24
Congrats Gaven and Scoot! Good shooting. You’re a good man Scoot.

06-May-24
Congratulations!!

• Sitka Gear