Iowa booner hunter 01-Dec-23
Old Reb 01-Dec-23
APauls 01-Dec-23
Zbone 02-Dec-23
30-Nov-23

Bowboy's embedded Photo
Bowboy's embedded Photo

Bowboy's Link
What a stud buck! Attached is the story.

30-Nov-23
Wow what a buck! Given there's only 1 arrow in his quiver I'm guessing there's a story behind that buck. Been there (although not with a deer like that)!

30-Nov-23
Amazing buck ! The story upholds the “better to be lucky than good” axiom. Congrats due Mr. Stump, though, he still had to make the shot. I’m not sure I could on a buck that big.

30-Nov-23
Great buck! First thing I noticed was the one arrow in the quiver. Been there done that on an elk! Congratulations!

30-Nov-23
Lol, I noticed the 1 arrow in the quiver right off the bat too. Hell of a buck!

30-Nov-23
Better than one bolt in the quiver boys

30-Nov-23
Incredible buck! Congratulations to the hunter

30-Nov-23
That one is just a pup, we have Booners behind every tree here in Ohio, don't you know...8^)))

Congrats to the hunter, and so glad it wasn't killed with a xgun...

30-Nov-23
Wow, Ohio is legit!

30-Nov-23
No X-Gun and not a market hunter, finally one I can applaud! Congrats all around

30-Nov-23
Heck of a buck!

30-Nov-23
Ya, but it’s private property

30-Nov-23
What is BTR scoring

30-Nov-23
Bou - "What is BTR scoring"

Buckmasters, I think... Seems to be a recent trend, guys like their higher score rather than B&C and P&Y...

30-Nov-23
What is weird about the story to me is he guessed him to be 4 years old but said first saw in 2021 and he was far bigger than anything they were use to on their farm. He would have only been 2 at the time. Strange to say a 2 year stood out.

01-Dec-23
Iowa booner?? u don’t hunt on private?

01-Dec-23
Anyone check to see if he supports Ohio bowhunters association. ?

01-Dec-23
BTR is Buckmasters Trophy Records. It was developed by Russel Thornberry in 1982 and adopted by Buckmaster in the 1990's. In a nut shell, the deer is given all the credit for the antlers that it grew. No deductions for asymmetry. Also the official score for ranking does not count the inside spread because that is a measurement of air not antler. For a more detailed explanation, vist their website. Just google Buckmaster scoring system like I did.

01-Dec-23
It is not really giving credit for all the antler, because it gives no consideration for the actual mass of the points

01-Dec-23
^^^^ Take the issue up with Russell Thornbery.

01-Dec-23
What a story. The guy obviously was really smart about his hunting.

02-Dec-23
Not a fan of celerity hunters, never have been, especially these outdoor channel bozos, but I did like some of the old school classics like from the Wensels, Paul Pruner, and of course Fred Bear... Back in the 80's had a VHS video Russell Thornbery produced (I think he produced it) anyhow it was titled "Monarchs of Alberta"... I really liked it, especially the guy shooting a rifle at a big buck running full bore across open country... He'd miss, he'd swear, he'd miss again, he'd swear, and so on... If I remember correctly it was all rifle hunting via organized drives of their outfitting business.... Boy, they killed some whoppers... This was before Milo Hanson's buck and from the pix I seen of the terrain where Milo's was taken, looks much the same as in the Alberta video and that buck was taken the same way on an organized drive... So I liked the video so I guess I could say I liked Russel...8^) I also like his magazine articles back in the day...

• Sitka Gear