Murph 30-Nov-23
BC173 30-Nov-23
x-man 30-Nov-23
Charlie Rehor 30-Nov-23
Tony 30-Nov-23
WhattheFOC 30-Nov-23
SoDakSooner 01-Dec-23
30-Nov-23
Hey this is probably a dumb question, but I figured I'd ask anyway. I'm thinking about switching to a thumb release. I shoot a Prime Rize which as you probably know, has no ability to adjust draw length without new cams. My question is, if I use a thumb release will it effect my draw length at all, as I switch to a new anchor point?

30-Nov-23
It could. Depending on what thumb release you get. Some have long throats and some have short ones.

You can always make your D Loop shorter or longer too.

30-Nov-23
Anchor point yes draw length no.

30-Nov-23
^^^ what Murph said

30-Nov-23
The proper hand placement for a thumb release is thumb down, and back of hand against face. So, your anchor point will change position. Draw length of course never changes unless you change draw modules on the cam.

30-Nov-23
I don’t know much about the technical stuff but I switched to a thumb release last year, bought three completely different thumb releases and nothing changed except the weight is a bit easier to draw with a thumb release. Good luck.

30-Nov-23
Thanks for all the information guys.

30-Nov-23
DL - no. Assuming you are converting from an index trigger … your anchor point is going to be completely different anyway, so it’ll be what it’ll be.

01-Dec-23
You may have to change your peep location as well. I didn't but my son did. I can still use my index interchangeably, but now much prefer the thumb, and am even going back to a hinge soon to try.

• Sitka Gear