midwest 07-Dec-23
Murph 07-Dec-23
midwest 07-Dec-23
x-man 08-Dec-23
midwest 08-Dec-23
c3 08-Dec-23
WapitiBob 10-Dec-23
06-Dec-23
Who shoots better, Cameron Hanes or Levi Morgan? I like watching both shoot.

06-Dec-23
Levi Morgan. Pretty sure Cam Hanes would give the same answer.

Edit: Fixed it for you guys. Big difference!

06-Dec-23
"Pretty Cam Hanes"....LOL what a typo

06-Dec-23
Levi truly is the goat.

06-Dec-23
If there is a pretty Cam Hanes, then we are talking about the other one.

Not even close, … to compare these two based purely on shooting.

06-Dec-23
Levi is on top currently, but the goat? No.

06-Dec-23
I haven't followed competitive archery in years, but back in the day there was a guy named Jeff Hopkins who was a pretty decent shot. Randy Ulmer wasn't too bad in his prime, either. I was blessed to shoot with both of them, but I wasn't even in the same league as they were.

Matt

06-Dec-23
Levi is embassies on foam and fur. Untouched by pressure in either forum. Amazing. Good man too

06-Dec-23

huntinelk's Link
Should be able to see results here

06-Dec-23
It’s not even a debate that Levi far surpasses Cam, and yes he is the goat in IBO, and ASA no one has come close to the amount of wins, world titles, or shooter of the year awards, plus all that aside an extremely accomplished hunter and we’ll on his way to the super slam with just a handful of animals left

06-Dec-23
Pretty sure Cam could take him in an ultra, tho. ;-)

06-Dec-23
Levi hands down. He is on a different level. Like Cam is with running and Bou is with smartass comments .

06-Dec-23
Levi, no comparison.

06-Dec-23
"he is the goat in IBO, and ASA no one has come close to the amount of wins, world titles, or shooter of the year awards...

Look up Jeff Hopkins career record. Levi may have more wins, but not by many. Jeff is 20 years older than Levi, so Jeff was past his prime when Levi began his rise to the top. In his prime, with the same equipment, I bet Jeff would have given Levi a run for his money.

Matt

06-Dec-23
Cam Hanes…. lol. How do you compare these two in that method??

And Hunt Man wins the internet for the Bou comment. :)

06-Dec-23
LB … if Levi isn’t the goat, then who is?

Besides an actual goat, that is.

06-Dec-23
Yep, easy one... Levi. They are both ass kickers, but in different ways. Both impressive as hell. Both easy to throw stones at, because they're so damn good and the internet allows for it.

06-Dec-23
I would like to hunt with either one. I like to watch Bowlife,

06-Dec-23
Grey Ghost, not discrediting Jeff Hopkins at all he is super accomplished as well but he had 7 consectutive shooter of the year championships, Levi broke his record with 12 consecutive Hopkins was in his prime when Levi took away the podium as a rookie and never slowed down

06-Dec-23
Whatthefoc, I was responding to the post which did not specify, so in IBo currently yes I agree. The initial post said he was the best shooter, did not break it down. As grey ghost mention ,Jeff Hopkins with the same modern equipment would be right there. But I'll give you the goat thing for IBO. No doubt he's a test shot.

06-Dec-23
Murph, Jeff was 39 and fading a bit when Levi won his first Shooter of the Year at 19. If we could put both of them together in their prime, with the same equipment, it would be an interesting contest.

Mossy Oak did a good article about Levi. He said Jeff was his inspiration to become the world's best archer. When Levi was a rookie, Jeff was leading Levi by 7 pts going into the final round of a tournament. They spoke, and Levi complimented Jeff on his 7 consecutive Shooter of the Year wins. Jeff, who was always a little cocky in my experience, told Levi nobody would ever break his record. Levi went on to win that tournament, and break Jeff's record. Ha.

Matt

06-Dec-23

DanaC's Link
ASA SOY's

06-Dec-23
Sure Levi's equipment is better. So is everyone else's he competes against. If anything, the competition has gotten stiffer.

06-Dec-23
I see in Dana's link that Jeff Hopkins is still getting it done at 55 in the Senior Pro Division. Good for him. He's inspired a lot of great archers, and is still doing it.

Matt

06-Dec-23
I don’t think Cam has ever shot a competitive shoot like what Levi does.

06-Dec-23
Levi would smoke Cam. Levi is the greatest competitive archer ever. Cam is just a backyard shooter.

06-Dec-23
Timed I knew a guy the same way. He could shoot better with a bow at 20yrds than most could with a 22 rifle. Couldn’t kill a deer to save his butt. Always blew my mind.

Shane

06-Dec-23
Matt, Hopkins and Levi both in their prime head to head that would be interesting, interesting like Hopkins would have never made 7 consecutive, regardless of equipment, age, timeframe, the scores Levi has turned in on 3D courses in tournaments, that he still holds records on today ,have been untouchable

06-Dec-23
Competitive sports breeds better results. In every facet. Archery included.

Somebody better than Levi is just starting to shoot a bow. Somebody in so e little town is dreaming of hunting for a living. And, watching the greatest of all time dominate the entire field. For over a decade. He knows how good he’s gotta be.

That’s why Levi is the goat right now. And, it’s why we won’t be in another 15 years.

06-Dec-23
Murph, let’s see if Levi is still winning Shooter of Year at 55 in the Senior Division like Jeff did this year. I’ll reserve judgement on the goat until then.

06-Dec-23
Has Levi Morgan ever won Vegas?

Indoor nationals?

World Archery indoor?

USA Archery indoor?

Outdoor Nationals?

World Archery series outdoor?

unmarked FITA Field?

European Pro tour?

Redding?

Nimes?

Lancaster?

06-Dec-23
He don’t really play the field game, but Redding yes indoor nationals yes the rest idk

07-Dec-23
I'd like to see Bodie Turner hit the ASA and IBO trail. As well as Paige Pearce.

Where Levi shines is 3D unknown. Indoors....not so much.

07-Dec-23
When I shot competitively, the top indoor shooters were never the top 3D shooters, and vice versa. In 3D, estimating unknown target distances is equally important as being a good shot. Spot shooters seemed to struggle with that. I struggled with my nerves when shooting spots. I could shoot great scores while practicing, but could never hold it together in a tournament. I didn't have that problem with 3D for some reason.

Matt

07-Dec-23
I believe Paige won every asa she went to in 2023, womens known pro. Last I saw she was at 18 pro wins for all of 2023. And 11k/win from Bowtech ....

07-Dec-23
That's right, Bob, I'd forgotten that! She was instrumental in getting that women's known pro class added, correct? She is such a treasure.

07-Dec-23
Speaking of Paige and bow tech Gillingham will be shooting for Matthews now since the bow tech fall out, he had some rather choice words regarding bow tech as well

07-Dec-23
Where's Kyle Douglas going? Back to PSE? lol

08-Dec-23
Dave Cousins was probably the best overall(most well-rounded). He would make the podium in all of the events. Marked, unmarked, indoor, outdoor, paper, 3D....

Dave was in my foursome at an IBO Worlds qualifier once. What a gentleman, very humble while we walked the trail. Offering tidbits of advice without sounding condescending. I learned a lot about yardage estimating that day.

08-Dec-23
Dave is still getting after it, too.

08-Dec-23
Jeff Hopkins won the Vegas Shoot as well as being top dog in 3D. Levi is the king of unmarked 3D for sure, but he also got second in Vegas one year. Hard to argue against any of these guys.

Cheers, Pete

10-Dec-23
Cousins won Nimes a cpl weeks ago. Nobody is better across all disciplines and he's been doing it for 30 years. That said, those unmarked 3d guys are something to watch. Bad lighting, no spot to aim at, and they still hit middle.

• Sitka Gear