WV Mountaineer 10-Dec-23
Charlie Rehor 11-Dec-23
Supernaut 11-Dec-23
rooster 12-Dec-23
Bou'bound 12-Dec-23
sitO 12-Dec-23
scentman 12-Dec-23
09-Dec-23
Curious with you guys that have been wearing Sitka for a few years how you like your fit for your insulation and outer layers.

I am solidly in the "L" category - I have roughly a 43" chest (L is 42-45) and I have 33" arms. I am a hair under 73" and ~190 lbs. I do not carry much fat but find the "L" Stratus and L Fanatic are snug when worn over a celsius jacket and thin base layer or just over a moderate base layer. I generally prefer some air space under my outer layer for warmth. Am I looking at this through the wrong lense? Was thinking about returning them for an XL. I have a Cabelas near me but they never seem to have a Stratus or Fanatic in XL. So just curious - do you wear yours snug and have little airspace?

09-Dec-23
I always have my outer layer in a bigger size than the layers underneath. I hate tight fitting clothes and hate how these companies make them in an “athletic” fit. I’m not a very tall guy but the rest of me is built like a tank. Really wide across the shoulders, broad chest, etc. it’s always better to have some air space between your outer layer and inner.

09-Dec-23
I don’t mind snug fitting. I won’t do tight. So, in my experience if you’ve got weightlifting arms and shoulders for your body size, then I’d bump up a size. If you r arms and shoulders are more naturally portioned for your body size, then I’d buy the size I buy in standard clothes.

09-Dec-23
Airspace = insulation

09-Dec-23
Sorry, Charlie (couldn't help myself, and know that is a tired joke), it is the "ambient" jacket. I think that's what the gear builder told me to order. It's like memorizing the periodic table all over again with the Sitka "system". It is great stuff. Just a bother not being able to try it on locally.

09-Dec-23
6'4" and 230 pounds, xxl tall for me. My stratus is xl tall and its perfect though since I don't wear much thermals with it it, usually 2 minus 33 tops and one expedition bottom when its in the 30s. The fanatic coat is super warm I just dont like how short it is, even in a tall

09-Dec-23
A timely thread as I just dipped my toe in the Sitka pool.

I picked up a Fanatic Hoody during the black Friday sale and I've got to wear it several times hunting now and I'm impressed. I'm hoping to get to a retailer and check some more out in person, specifically the Stratus line.

I'm 5'7" and 150 lbs. and I got the hoody in a medium and it fits great. I'm assuming the Stratus in a medium should work but I don't want it too tight. It will be nice to try before I buy.

10-Dec-23
If you have a cabelas nearby that doesn’t stock what you need you can order anything from the catalog and ship to store to try on. Only keep what fits. No shipping or return charges. Order three sizes of everything and see what works.

10-Dec-23
You do realize that in just the fanatic jacket, that’s close to $1500 after tax and shipping?

11-Dec-23

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
More like $500.

11-Dec-23
Thanks for the tip on Cabelas Brent. I live about 30 minutes east of Pittsburgh and there is a Cabelas about 2 hours away across the border in WV so I can make a little road trip. I think Sportsman's Warehouse also carries Sitka so that is an option as well.

12-Dec-23
I've always been a large on top and medium on the bottom guy. That said I went with large with both my Stratus jacket and bibs. The bibs are maybe a little long and I have plenty of room for layers, mostly just merino bottoms but if temps are in the 20's I use some fleece wader liners under the bibs. Merino base layers on top and if cold enough a heavy wool sweater. This was my first season owning the Stratus gear and it has worked well for me.

12-Dec-23
Nobody wants To be tightly bound up in clothes. Roomy is always preferred just don’t go over board

12-Dec-23
I have a BUNCH of Sitka, probably too much if that's a thing. It seems to be getting tighter every year...it's not you, it's me Sitka.

12-Dec-23
Yea, I need the custom fit for us portly fellow's, I'll have to locate Santa's tailor. scentman

• Sitka Gear