TOPPIN19 26-Feb-24
Huntcell 26-Feb-24
creed 27-Feb-24
Scott/IL 27-Feb-24
hunting dad 27-Feb-24
bird dog 27-Feb-24
StickFlicker 28-Feb-24
21-Feb-24
Just got notice Az Fish and Game placed a credit card charge ! Wow second year in a row.

21-Feb-24
Hope you're kidding if not no luck here.

21-Feb-24
No. He isn’t kidding. My card got hit this morning also.

21-Feb-24
Dang well congrats to the lucky ones.

21-Feb-24
My credit card just got hit for AZ elk.

21-Feb-24
Yes, Paul!!!! This is shaping up to be an incredible year for you!!! Happy for you! Pete

21-Feb-24
Good lord I’ve been hit…

21-Feb-24
Got a hit. Just not sure for what yet! Applied for myself and my boy...

21-Feb-24
Oh man the suspense and excitement is going to be brutal today!

21-Feb-24
BOOM! AZ is new to me. How do we know which choice we got drawn for?

21-Feb-24
Anyone remember how long it takes for them to complete the process? Assuming they didn’t have any hiccups

21-Feb-24
The big suspense starts now... Hopefully they post results soon!

21-Feb-24
Hit for my 2nd AZ archery Elk tag; 11 points the first time, 12 this time. Portal should be updated next week, after they backfill for bounced cards.

21-Feb-24
They must have forgotten my number! :(

21-Feb-24
Got a hit. Hopefully I used my 25 points wisely.....

21-Feb-24
WI Sheadhesd, last year I drew a random tag and didn’t get hit until later in the evening.

21-Feb-24
Arizona hates me. I figured it would, but this confirms it. Add another state/draw cycle to the list of Scoot haters!!!

21-Feb-24
I got hit today not sure if it’s me or the kid. But I know I can’t wait to find out.

21-Feb-24
Bird Dog. Same for me. There is me and 3 kids that have apps. Will just have to wait for Portal to see who goes. Good luck!

21-Feb-24
Congrats to all you guys with the good news on this!

21-Feb-24
Is it pretty much over in one day? Seems like they knock it out pretty fast best I remember?

21-Feb-24
Nothing. I thought we were a lock

21-Feb-24
It looks like I now have 23 elk points. Ugh.

21-Feb-24
I’m going to Arizona I’m stoked!!!

21-Feb-24
My partner got a hit on his card. 2 points but a great unit! Looks like I’m cameraman this season

22-Feb-24
808……Hopefully your elk video turns out better than your moose hunting one. That would probably take having an up close jaguar encounter, along with a shootout between you guys and a Mexican drug cartel, though!

22-Feb-24
Nothing Pending this early AM

Happy for all that drew------->

Good luck, Robb

22-Feb-24
Congrats to the lucky ones. Good luck this year.

22-Feb-24
Keep your hopes alive guys! When I drew a couple seasons ago our card wasn't hit until 30 days after the regular draws, you just never know! Good luck!

ElkNut

22-Feb-24
Like WapitiBob mentioned, you were probably fortunate to secure a tag as a result of backfill.....due to another hunters credit card issues.

22-Feb-24
Or a hunter had point guard and something came up and he realized he couldn’t go and turned tag back in.

A couple years ago I got a late season CO unit 44 deer tag because someone backed out at last minute. I only had 2 weeks notice and had to make a decision in 24 hours. So in reality if someone in AZ has point guard and turns tag back in if you were next man up in draw you could get a tag anytime from now until season comes in

I also got an AZ Kaibab mule deer tag in 2004 when AZ was sued over their 10% quota. They gave more NR tags out waiting on court decision. That was a day to day thing but court didn’t decide until after the season so I got to go

22-Feb-24
I have been contacted two times early sept about being next inline for a returned tag . I had to refuse as I was in other states on hunts.

So there is a chance up to a week before season opens.

22-Feb-24
My dashboard says "pending" does that mean anything? Card hasn't been hit...yet...

22-Feb-24
No, it’ll say that until results are officially released

22-Feb-24
Thanks, that's what I was thinking...

22-Feb-24
Well, I got to thinking and looked at the charge amount… Guess I’ll be hunting elk this fall in one of the top units…

22-Feb-24
not looking good bud but still holding out hope!!!!

23-Feb-24
Sadly no charge here. Point creep got me at 14 points

23-Feb-24
I have a buddy that's card was hit for $100. Is that just a placeholder until the take the full amount or are you guys getting hit for the full tag price?

I don't have anything pending on my end.

23-Feb-24
Should be full amout.

23-Feb-24
The last time I drew Arizona in 2021 I was pretty confident that I would draw because I had enough points. There was a thread just like this back then and some were saying that their cards had gotten hit. Others were disappointed because their cards hadn't gotten hit yet. My card did not get hit until much later and I'm thinking I actually got the notification from AZ before I noticed the charge on my card.

23-Feb-24
I set my card so I get notifications of charges over a certain amount.

23-Feb-24
It's over except for re issue of tags that had cards rejected. Later in the year you could get a turned back tag as well.

23-Feb-24
Good deal Tavis!

23-Feb-24
Congrats to all who drew. Tavis, already looking forward to some photos!

23-Feb-24
I have a question that maybe someone can answer, Do they award turned in tags by first pass or second pass numbers ? Then they must know by the end of the draw who are the first ones in line for a tag should they get turned in. The reason I ask is I have seen where people where called and this happened to me 3 years ago a week before the season ,I had to turn it down as I couldn't put the hunt together that soon Had i had known I would of had at least a go plan I asked if she thought I would draw the following year in the first pass she said I should so assumed it was first pass that they awarded the surrended tag which should have gotten on the next year. You would think that they could also notify like saying alternate on portal so someone could a least have a go plan should it happen . many of the other draws that I enter do that.

23-Feb-24
I may be wrong but I think it’s by your draw # in the primary draw. If your draw # is the next one up in the draw sequence then u are the alternative if someone ahead of u that got drawn then turned back in a tag then they go to the next one up . They probably don’t preliminary notify people because they assume that those that drew will be going on the hunt .

This is oversimplified but if there’s 5 tags then 1-5 get the tag. If u are 6 then u are up for the tag if someone in the 1-5 turns a tag in . Since AZ considers the first 2 choices then u should have chances if someone turns a tag back in in your first 2 choices.

At least that’s how CO does it

23-Feb-24
If a tag is pulled because of a declined card that was drawn in the bonus pass, the 1st alternate for that pass will be given that persons tag (tags are numbered and issued in sequence). The same happens for the 1-2 pass. That's how it was explained to me when I was the 1st alternate and subsequently issued a bonus pass tag from a NR who's card was declined (tag no 11).

24-Feb-24
Thanks guys!! After reading several times in this thread and others of guys notified so close to the start of the season and having to turn it down because of the short notice they must know who would be eligible for any additional available tags at the end of the draw I know its a little more work but it would be so helpful know that you possibly still had a opportunity even up to the season start, Of course I know most are going to wait till the absolute last minute to turn in a tag !!

24-Feb-24
Congrats guys, I'm on 17 points now.

Cheers, Pete

24-Feb-24
WapitiBob, While that may have been true at one time, I'm not sure that it still is and may not have ever been done that way regardless of what G&F says. I've heard of several people getting returned tags with a very low permit number, that would indicate that it was a tag that had originally gone in the bonus pass round, but the person that received the tag did not have nearly enough bonus points to have been in the bonus pass. Secondly, I think all of that methodology may have gone out the window when they instituted the PointGuard Plus plan. Per the G&F website:

"Those who purchase PointGuard Plus will receive priority positioning for the reissuing of hunt permit-tags that are surrendered by PointGuard members and non-members alike."

It's possible that they still issue the returned tags in the order of people that would have been next up to draw that hunt, but skip over those that didn't buy PointGuard Plus?

26-Feb-24
Portal is up to see exactly which unit you drew.

26-Feb-24
Cool. Drew archery Unit 1, 2, & 2C. Should be a fun hunt!

26-Feb-24
Well Tavis we’re not too far apart…haha

26-Feb-24
Drew unit 8. Never hunted Az before should be fun.

26-Feb-24
Same as Bowcrazy...Unit 8.

26-Feb-24
Congrats Tavis!

26-Feb-24

Nyati 's embedded Photo
Nyati 's embedded Photo
Drew unit 1 archery tag in 2008 with 12 points. Now I’ve got 18 points and still 3 years away (for now) from another tag. Pt creep has gone from 12 pts to 21 pts from 2008 to 2024.

If someone complains about throwing out a unit # in AZ people would have had to be living in Biden’s basement for the last 2 decades if they don’t know top 5 units in AZ by now

26-Feb-24
Drew 6A early archery Bull. I have plenty of time to scout. It will have lots of hunters but has lots of elk also. Any help on were to focus would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Good luck to everyone and be safe.

26-Feb-24
unit 22 early archery! drew last year ,used Point Guard and donated tag to Wounded Warriors Project. could actually do that 2 more times under the Point Guard system. will use tag this year.

26-Feb-24
Darn, hitting Arizona cards? Mine are Michigan cards. I’m out of luck.

27-Feb-24
I have hunted 8 a few times. It's always my 2nd choice

27-Feb-24
Another year of points here it looks like. Congrats to all who drew! Should be some good write ups this fall with some of those hunts. I’ll be sitting on 10 points next year and likely still a long ways from the tag I want.

27-Feb-24
My clan drew 9 tags total this year. 8 archery bull and 1 rifle bull. All for the same unit. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them. A neighbor drew an early rifle bull tag with only his hunter ed point. First try! I guess all those points aren't needed after all.

27-Feb-24
My kid and Godson drew some anterless tags for unit 9. They are stoked for fall.

28-Feb-24
Huntcell, I believe you're mistaken about your being able to turn your tag in two more times. You can only do it once and get your points restored. The second time your tag and points would be gone.

• Sitka Gear