Lewis 30-Mar-24
Jasper 30-Mar-24
tobywon 30-Mar-24
badbull 30-Mar-24
Lewis 06-Apr-24
27-Mar-24

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
My Dad started taking me hunting at a very early age; as a result I did the same for my boys. I’m very proud of them and it makes me immensely happy that they love the outdoors, especially bow hunting. The bow giveaway we do here is important for the future of our sport in its own way. Thanks to all the Dads, uncles and outdoorsmen who take the time to get young people out of the house and into the woods, whether it’s hunting, fishing or just riding the dirt roads looking for animals. The future of our sport hangs in the balance ~

27-Mar-24

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo

27-Mar-24

27-Mar-24
Man, Jasper - that's awesome, and that pic is amazing, what a place to be!

27-Mar-24
I couldn't agree more, Jasper!!! I have several kids I plan to take hunting in the next two months, Gaven being one of them! Can't wait...

27-Mar-24

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo

27-Mar-24

ahunter76's embedded Photo
G-sons 1st 3D, now 18 & chasing live critters now.
G-sons 1st 3D, now 18 & chasing live critters now.
Sons 1st Antelope bowhunt, DIY, Public land, Spot n stalk. Dad took him.
Sons 1st Antelope bowhunt, DIY, Public land, Spot n stalk. Dad took him.
G-Pa took g-son at 14 hog bowhunting. 2nd day he arrowed this one. I filmed his first "miss" on a Deer too. He is now in his mid 20s, &arrowed several deer. Whitetails to his credit now.
G-Pa took g-son at 14 hog bowhunting. 2nd day he arrowed this one. I filmed his first "miss" on a Deer too. He is now in his mid 20s, &arrowed several deer. Whitetails to his credit now.
Mind you, I have actually been in archery since 1956. I started taking my son along when he was about 3. Now, he is 50 & a veteran archer/bowhunter. I also started teaching G-kids when "they asked". I now have 3 G-sons (19 & 2 in their 20s) that have arrowed wild hogs & a few Whitetails each. I also have a teen G-Daughter that likes 3Ds & another taking an interest. When I had a shop/lanes (1964 thru 1982) it was nothing on a weekend to load my vehicle with "kids" & usually another vehicle & head out to a archery tournament. I have no idea how many kids I have introduced to archery.. It's been an awesome ride & now I get to share my archery/bowhunting with them now.

27-Mar-24
I feel like it's our duty, but honestly I think I enjoy taking kids as much as I do hunting for myself. I was blessed to grow up in a family that hunts, and I do what I can to pass it on.

Since it's "the season"...here are a few youth turkey hunts I had the honor of guiding/filming. Most of these kids are first time hunters, or at least these were their first successful hunts, and some of the parents were as excited as the kids.

27-Mar-24

sheds's embedded Photo
sheds's embedded Photo
I’ve always taken my boys hunting and fishing since they were little, they both have been successful longbow bowhunters taking a few species of their own. Cherish every moment with your kids I lost my younger son pictured here, 4 years ago at age 26. I’m lucky to have some great memories.

27-Mar-24
Sheds-so sorry to hear. I can relate, lost a nephew at 17 & G-daughter at 12 not long ago. So glad we do have those memories.

27-Mar-24

PushCoArcher's embedded Photo
"Cherish every moment with your kids"

Amen sheds! Nothing is guaranteed especially tomorrow. Just got back from our annual spring break camping trip with the wife and kids. No hunting but we got lots of fishing in.

27-Mar-24

27-Mar-24
I took my son bowhunting starting when he was about 12. He killed two does that first year. I remember both kills and retrievals vividly. He is 45 now and is an avid bowhunter and does some gun hunting. I do wonder though about some of the kids I see on hunting shows. They’re 5-8 years old, sitting in a penthouse blind, with the rifle or Xbow clamped in a tripod. The deer walks in, the kid puts down his Xbox or other device, looks through the scope and pulls the trigger. Is that starting them to young, or starting them improperly? I think so.

27-Mar-24
Jasper, you are right and it also changes the life of this father and grandfather at my ripe old age. Taking my sons and granddaughter bowhunting still gives me purpose for my life. The rewards for doing so are great. I commend you and others that do the same. I have given bows to my offspring but your bow giveaway is awesome, Badbull.

27-Mar-24

drycreek's embedded Photo
He’s 55 now and thinks about hunting every day !
He’s 55 now and thinks about hunting every day !
Wish my Dad had been a hunter, but he was too busy trying to grub out a living. I fared a little better.

27-Mar-24
I agree it’s definitely starting them off wrong Dale.

I won’t tell a parent when it’s time to get the kids started shooting critters. But, I know when it’s best. Let the kid tell you. And, you are most certainly going to get from them what you’ve put into them when they were growing babies and young children.

28-Mar-24

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
I believe to master hunting you must master teaching hunting to others. I have been mentoring kids and adults for a Long time . Brings me lots of joy.

28-Mar-24

LUNG$HOT's embedded Photo
Yessir and Amen!
Yessir and Amen!
Growing up!
Growing up!
Been taking my kids to do things in the outdoors as early as possible! Most kids don’t know how to make a PB&J sandwich today let alone get outdoors to hunt, fish, camp etc. Thanks for what you do Jasper.

28-Mar-24

The girls like gettin out too!

28-Mar-24

sheds's embedded Photo
sheds's embedded Photo
I’m a 61 year old kid still hunting with my 84 year old dad, he always took us hunting and fishing since I was young. This turkey was from a few years ago, my dad’s first, we’re going in two weeks for his second bird. Dad still hunts elk and whitetails and will be 85 this year. Thanks Dad.

28-Mar-24
Jasper- that's a hunting legacy. Pass it on.

28-Mar-24
Thanks for passing it on, fellas!

28-Mar-24

Ridge Runner's embedded Photo
Nice post Love to now take the grandkids along for scouting, blind prep ,recovery of animals and sometimes sitting with us,

28-Mar-24

The snack log which we always have to go to

28-Mar-24

They enjoy helping in the recovery

28-Mar-24

On the way to a recovery

28-Mar-24

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo
I've spent a lot of time in the field with kids, especially these two! This pic isn't exactly a hunting pic though...

28-Mar-24

Scoot's embedded Photo
One of my favorites!
Scoot's embedded Photo
One of my favorites!

28-Mar-24

FORESTBOWS 's embedded Photo
FORESTBOWS 's embedded Photo
Definitely something we should all do as often as we can.

28-Mar-24

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo

28-Mar-24

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo

28-Mar-24

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo

28-Mar-24

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo
I could do this for a long time, but I'll quit with this one!

28-Mar-24

My favorite grand daughter and three limits of channel cats.

28-Mar-24

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
This pic was taken about 20 years ago of me and my son.

Now he takes ME hunting!

28-Mar-24

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
My daughter also hunts. But she is about to give me my 1st grandson in a couple weeks.

30-Mar-24
Great stuff here. Thanks for all y’all do!

30-Mar-24

Capt C's embedded Photo
My son with my wife’s uncle
Capt C's embedded Photo
My son with my wife’s uncle
That morning he got cold pretty quick so luckily we’re only 5 mins from my house on the ranger so I just run them home once they have enough I never force them to stay longer then they want being there both young I try my best to not let them have a bad experience in hopes they keep wanting to go more

30-Mar-24

Capt C's embedded Photo
My daughter in the same pond
Capt C's embedded Photo
My daughter in the same pond

30-Mar-24

30-Mar-24

Lewis 's embedded Photo
Lewis 's embedded Photo
Grandson showing off lol ??

30-Mar-24

Lewis 's embedded Photo
Lewis 's embedded Photo
Grandson getting a duck call from the legend and best buddy Howard Harlan he wrote the book on duck calls for DU and the one on turkey ?? calls for WTF

30-Mar-24

Lewis 's embedded Photo
Lewis 's embedded Photo
Grandson playing around in my pond Good luck all Lewis

30-Mar-24
Capt and Lewis, well done!

30-Mar-24

tobywon's embedded Photo
tobywon's embedded Photo
Great thread!! Sons first deer at 12 on state land. Bitter cold morning for a 12 year old at 3 degrees. Luckily we had action early with a small 8 chasing a doe and then this one came in for his first. A memory I’ll never forget.

30-Mar-24

badbull's embedded Photo
badbull's embedded Photo
I took my sons and granddaughter bowhunting as young kids and now three generations go bowhunting together.

06-Apr-24

Lewis 's embedded Photo
Lewis 's embedded Photo
My six year old great nephew this morning in Tennessee you can’t wipe that smile off Good Luck all Lewis

• Sitka Gear