carcus 11-Apr-24
wyobullshooter 11-Apr-24
Tilzbow 11-Apr-24
BowmanMD 11-Apr-24
nchunter 11-Apr-24
Bowaddict 11-Apr-24
Bowaddict 12-Apr-24
10-Apr-24
Has anyone used this release and what are your thoughts on it.About every three or four years I like to make changes on my aging equipment. My scott mongoose may be replaced with the carter and I just ordered a Catfish string for my mq1. That bow is like an extension of my right arm, just natural and fits just right.

10-Apr-24
Excellent release. Zero trigger creep and trigger weight is easily adjustable all the way to 5#. Super crisp suprise release at the shot if you use back tension to activate.

10-Apr-24
^^been using it for over a year and the original like mike for years before that. One of the best index releases out there and I’ve owned the few newer Stan index and Tru ball releases also. The like mike 2 is my favorite, the shorter body is nice compared to original. I think it has the best trigger of all the ones I’ve used as far as travel and how smooth it breaks. Pricey but excellent release and well worth my money.

11-Apr-24
nothing else to say on this one, except go get one!

they are amazing, just keep it clean, the magnets can pick up dirt and stick

11-Apr-24
A buddy had one lock up, it would not fire, look at the stan releases as well. I wouldn't use the like mike for hunting

11-Apr-24
I shot a Like Mike for a few years. As others have said, the magnet can cause issues. Never caused one for me, but it did cost a friend on an antelope. I’ve also used the Rx1 and Quickie 2. No doubt, Carter releases are high quality, but for me, I prefer the Scott Verge at half the price.

11-Apr-24
The Like Mike hasn’t used a magnet for 10+ years. I checked both my Like Mike I’ve used for 9 years and my new Like Mike 2 and neither have magnets. Here’s more information from Forrest Carter of Carter releases from 2015 I found on Archery Talk.

So here is the explanation of the magnets on the like mike and lucky magnets. We have had 2 different generations of the Like Mike. The 1st generation had a magnet up by the jaw that controlled the jaw return and arming the release. This generation only had one spring. Unfortunately the magnet would draw in debris and there were instances of it fouling the mechanism. This caused the need for the 2nd generation which we removed the magnet, and then replaced the sear with a spring loaded sear. It is not as convenient on the reset as the 1st generation, but it eliminates the magnet and the fouling. The Lucky had the same issues due to the similar design. We have not produced the Like Mike with the magnet by the jaw for about 5 years now, and the lucky for about 4. The Lucky has 3 magnets that control the trigger tension, but not up by the jaw. The magnets for the trigger don't cause the fouling issue. If anybody reading this still has any of the old models with the magnet up by the jaw, You can contact me at via the contact information on the website and I will be happy to retrofit your release.

11-Apr-24
I have the older Like Mike and actually just sent it in earlier this week to get fixed because it locked up. Website says that they charge $50 initial fee and up from there, but hopefully it won't be that expensive. Great release as stated above.

11-Apr-24
Thanks all, I should be receiving it Tuesday. I want to try to use it as a back tension release. I told the guy at S and S archery that I have never fired a surprise shot when I am shooting. My finger does 100 percent of the shot exactly when I want it to go off. He said this release would work great either way.

11-Apr-24
I was gonna say, ain’t no magnets in either one I have, and have never had an issue with both. I’ve shot thousands of arrows using the like mike 2 with zero failures….animals don’t care for them though!:):)

12-Apr-24

• Sitka Gear