MichaelArnette 20-Apr-24
llamapacker 21-Apr-24
Ollie 21-Apr-24
Ryan Rothhaar 22-Apr-24
CaptMike 22-Apr-24
StickFlicker 25-Apr-24
scndwfstlhntng 01-May-24
20-Apr-24
Curious as to what you guys would recommend for Namibia or South Africa bowhunts. Would love to avoid high fence. Traditional bowhunting group of about 4-5 people looking for 2025 if possible

21-Apr-24
The reality is you will be behind a high fence in SA or Namibia. The real question should be how big. I've hunted places where the high fence enclosed 125-200 square MILES, and I've been on places that were only a couple thousand acres. BIG difference. Most of the really large places will have internal low, cattle fences, and you should recognize these do impede some smaller animals like blesbuck and even impala. Sort of like American antelope, that really try to avoid crossing low fences, but can if forced to. If you really want no fences, you should consider Zimbabwe or Mozambique. But I see no reason you shouldn't hunt the very large properties in Namibia or South Africa. Just don't be conned by the small places. Bill

21-Apr-24
Gert Coetzee with UIB bowhunting in Namibia. He owns and hunts nearly 60,000 acres. His ranch is not high fenced. He does not buy and stock animals like many Other operations. Traditional friendly. I hunted with him about 6 years ago and am going back again later this summer. Reasonable prices. Does not book other Hunter groups when you are there.

22-Apr-24
I sent you a PM

R

22-Apr-24
One you get on a big enough area, does the fence really matter? Think about it, a 50,000 acre property is 78 square miles. There are many fenced properties where animals live and die without the property owner even being aware those critters were there. I'd love to understand the hang-up some have with hunting a large fenced area. It is nothing similar to a 200-500 acre fenced piece. I have hunted a 60,000 acre fenced area in S Africa numerous times. Have only seen a fraction of it to date.

25-Apr-24
First, my recommendation would be that putting this in the African section might have created more responses than the General section. Although I dont have personal experience, Ive always heard good things about Crusader Safaris.

01-May-24
Check into Ryan’s recommendation. Really. Well worth it.

• Sitka Gear