SERBIANSHARK 11-Feb-09
Rustywreck 11-Feb-09
live2hunt 11-Feb-09
vmthtr 14-Feb-09
vmthtr 04-Mar-09
MoBowhunter 05-Mar-09
Jeff in MN 08-Mar-09
07-Feb-09
Anybody have suggestions where bear bait can be found around NE Wisconsin.

07-Feb-09
Anybody have suggestions where bear bait can be found around NE Wisconsin.

07-Feb-09
Mickey D's, C-Stores that sell donuts. Stop by any and all stores that may toss out the out dated stuff. No need to buy.

07-Feb-09
Where in North Eastern Wisconsin are you talking about?

07-Feb-09
You are sure doing it right by starting to collect it now. There are many tricks you can do to preserve food products. Dry, Freeze, or pack it air tight in barrels.

I will do my usual warning about responses to this question. Go ahead and make suggestions like checking resteraunts, grocery stores, bakeries, etc. But DO NOT mention any specific place of business unless they are publicly in the business of selling bear bait. They will either get over whelemed with requests or harassed by antis and either way they will eventually quit giving anything away.

By the way, Google the following and you will come up with some businesses that sell it.

bear bait wisconsin

08-Feb-09
Here is another idea for you. Scroll to the bottom of the screen you are on right now. Key the words bear bait in the title search field and hit search. There are about 6 threads from last year with information about bear bait sources.

08-Feb-09

Drop Tine's Link
Another good way to find Bear Bait is by Joining WI. Bear Hunters Association. In their news letter/magazine along with the year book will have many bait suppliers as advertisers in them.

08-Feb-09
Stop at all your local sub shops and ask them to save their day old bread.

08-Feb-09
Friend uses cookie dough. I will have to check and see where he gets it. He has a couple 55gallon drums of it that he uses for 4 stations in the U.P.

Mike

10-Feb-09
Hey Jeff, how long can you keep sweets from molding/spoiling in a sealed plastic garbage can?

10-Feb-09
You can pack bread and brownies now and it will be good thru the season. Just be sure you pack it tight and make an air tight seal. Best thing to use for this is a plastic 55 gallon barrel with a band on lid. You could probably use open top metal drums (easier to find) and use the plastic bag liner.

You might get some mold on it but not enough to matter. Not sure how tight a plastic garbage can seals so you might want to line it with a garbage bag too and tie that good and tight.

Warning: squirrels can chew thru plastic garbage cans so store it in an appropriate place.

11-Feb-09
I'm still trying to figure out what "BYE" BAIT IS ..LOL

11-Feb-09
it is bait that is going to go bye, bye as soon as it is put out - the best kind of bait if you ask me.

11-Feb-09
Thanks Jeff, I am going to bait with bread and stuff like that at first this time and then toward season hit them with HO HO's, Ding Dongs, and Donuts. I just didn't want to get the stuff and have it go bad when the time to use it comes.

14-Feb-09
http://greenbay.craigslist.org/spo/1029648311.html

04-Mar-09
http://appleton.craigslist.org/spo/1060085945.html

05-Mar-09
We used to get all we could haul from a Hostess Bakery from their dumpster. All of the outdated product was thrown away. Didn't have to drive all over town and could fill several pick-up trucks any time we went there. Only negative was having to unwrap all of the individaully packaged product before we hit the woods.

08-Mar-09
Ah yes, the unwraping thing. How fun it is. Especially back when I would save like 2 cents a pound by buying individually wraped brownies. I got about 600#, OMG that took a looooong time. Never bought them like that again.

• Sitka Gear