whitetailer 26-Feb-10
formerbutcher 26-Feb-10
Xprez 26-Feb-10
Portagefire75 26-Feb-10
Portagefire75 26-Feb-10
Craig Loberger 26-Feb-10
Portagefire75 26-Feb-10
26-Feb-10
I am going to an archery pheasant hunt an am looking for ideas on how to make good broadheads or or bird points that won't pass thru can't afford to go buy the snare type any help?

26-Feb-10
I have to agree / disagree with my friend RC. The judo points can be okay, but we dont allow modified broadheads, IF, you will be working dogs.

If no dogs, no problems. I have done this alot, and a simple field point, with a washer, behind it has done quite a bit of damage...

Bird hunting with a bow, is great fun............

26-Feb-10
I'd stay away from the snaro heads there junk, they just bounce off the birds ! Like Whitetailer said or you can buy the Ace Hex Blunts, they seem to work good.

Have fun, Pheasants on the wing is a blast !!

26-Feb-10
Some heavier piano wire in strands wrapped up between that field pt and washer.

26-Feb-10
thanks for the advice, looking forward to trying this type of hunt have heard its fun.

26-Feb-10
if anyone is up near Oxford i think there is spots still open on the 7th of march for the hunt.

26-Feb-10

Craig Loberger's embedded Photo
Craig Loberger's embedded Photo
When I’m pheasant hunting around dogs I just dull an old broad head and put a zwicky scorpio behind the head to prevent a pass through or losing the arrow. Ive never had any luck with judo heads, if you dont get a direct hit the rounded point seems to just glance off the bird.

26-Feb-10
Thats cool i have some old bear broad heads that i can use like that.

• Sitka Gear