onX Maps
Petersburg Black Bear
Alaska
Contributors to this thread:
lobsterranch 11-Oct-10
JDavis1999 11-Jan-11
lobsterranch 07-Feb-11
11-Oct-10
Hi y'all! Well I've finally done it - I made reservations with an outfitter and an airlines to come to Alaska with my wife next May. I am a flatlander from Texas and am looking forward to the halibut, salmon and a few days of spotting for spring black bears in the tidal flats. I know we are cramming a lot into one week but I wanted to hear of others' experiences. Is it possible to fish and hunt during the same trip with any kind of success with either? I will be bowhunting while my wife will shoot a rifle. We will have our own skiff and will be able go when we want to. How do you determine the best time to spot for bears - low tide, etc.? Thanks for any insight you can provide.

11-Jan-11
We are from the DFW area and are going at the end of May 2011.We have three hunters and one only wants to bow hunt and is concerned about that. I would like to visit about the hunt and share info that we have found.

07-Feb-11
:Hi J Davis, Send me an email at [email protected] to share info. We will be there in mid-May so can certainly share learnings.

Mark

• Sitka Gear