RC 02-Nov-10
HerdManager 02-Nov-10
RC 02-Nov-10
Bourbonator 02-Nov-10
Brad Gehman 02-Nov-10
PAdroptine. 02-Nov-10
WickedWhitetails 03-Nov-10
01-Nov-10
I've been using plain old Tinks 69 for over 30 years with a lot of good results,but in the last 4-5 years I haven't been getting the results like I used to.Is it just me or does anybody else think the quality of Tinks has gone downhill lately? I think it was a lot better when it was sold in the glass bottle,not the look-alike brown plastic bottle.As a matter of fact, that was one of their marketing points years ago;"stays fresh longer because its shipped in glass bottles".I need to change brands.What is everybodys favorite estrous doe scent around western PA?

01-Nov-10
Ive had good luck with tinks.

01-Nov-10
Mrs.Doe Pee

01-Nov-10
Kirshners Silver Top! Best ever made!

01-Nov-10
I do alot of trapping' and when you just pinch a fox or coyote's toes they tend to shy away from the particular scent you were using. I vleieve the same would hold true for deer. If they come into say tinks and get spooked/missed/wounded they tend to associate that particular scent with danger. I prefer to use local deer farm urine or order some made by a trapping lure producer. When everyone is using stuff bought at chain stores it is highly probable that the deer have smelled it before. That's my feeling on the subject anyhow.

01-Nov-10

Jeff McCormick's embedded Photo
Jeff McCormick's embedded Photo
I make my own scent.I get all I want and it's free.All I have to do is drink something before heading to the stand and by the time I get there it is ready.Works as good or better than anything you can buy.I have hundreds of pictures to prove it.

01-Nov-10
Agree with Bonehead, I use anything that I think is different. I try different brands all the time and get good results about every year. This year I used some local stuff - worked well.

01-Nov-10
What Jeff said.

01-Nov-10

IowaBowGuy's embedded Photo
IowaBowGuy's embedded Photo
Yep, I'm with Jeff and RC.

01-Nov-10
Check out northern whitetails....they are from western ny....they will ship it to your front door...

02-Nov-10
Don't like scents. Scares away the does, and you want does hanging around this time of year.

02-Nov-10
Your right Herd. I used to use Silver Top also. Till the year it scared every doe that got a wiff of it. I mean they snorted up a storm from 60 yards away. No more scents for me.

02-Nov-10
Why aren't you in a tree? 28 degrees and frosty. They are chasing!

02-Nov-10
Minor surgery at 11AM today. Might be done hunting for a few days, gotta ask the doctor if I can shoot a bow. Bad timing.

02-Nov-10
Wow, sorry to hear that.

02-Nov-10
Well it's worse than I thought. 19 stitches, 10 down inside and 9 on top, right between my shoulder blades. No heavy lifting or shooting a bow for 10 days. I'm screwed.

02-Nov-10
What the heck did you do? Fall off a roof or something!

02-Nov-10
Good Lord man, are you ever healthy come hunting season?

You need to take better care of yourself.

Next year, come up to Potter for the early bow season we have. Runs the month of September. That way, you'll have yer hunting done before it gets cold and nasty out. :)

02-Nov-10
roy time to fore up your crossgun eh ?

03-Nov-10
Not that I can supply any this year but, as you all know I raise whitetails. This year I started to collect urine. We have been having good results with the stuff. Been using some stuff I collected the first week in oct all season as a cover/curiosity and it has worked great for the people I gave it to. Even for doe. we have been putting it on our boots as we walk in, and does have actually walked to the bottom of stands. One buck has been shot over the curiosity scent and it actually followed that scent on a drag line all the way in. I have the last week of the season off with some friends and we are going to be puttin the estrus scent that I just collected last sat to the test. I will be collecting alot next year and will be selling so I will let you guys know how to get it if you are interested. Wish us luck in the next week and a half of testing this estrus scent. This scent is all natural, one doe - one bottle, & no preserves.

• Sitka Gear