JRW 03-Aug-12
HighLife 03-Aug-12
LBshooter 04-Aug-12
BillK 04-Aug-12
HighLife 06-Aug-12
BOHUNTER 28-Aug-12
jstephens61 29-Aug-12
26-Jul-12
The liberal mayor of chicago can kiss my butt! They are so pro-homo and anti-christian that they want to ban Chic filet from opening resturants in the city because the owner believes in marriage as one man and one woman. I hope chicago burns down with him in it.!

26-Jul-12
Not everyone iin Chicago agrees with Emanuel and Proco Joe.

26-Jul-12
And nothing says Christianity quite like, "I hope chicago burns down with him in it.!"

26-Jul-12
Gotta love those Christian values of hoping 2 million people die. Jesus would be proud!

26-Jul-12
duh but i think its the boston guy or sumthin mebbe right idea but missed by a few miles. try again.

26-Jul-12
Did I say that I was christian? I cant stand bleeding heart liberals.

26-Jul-12
And yes I do have Christain values btw, The comment was tongue in cheek, but hey lets allow the muslims, farrahkan, and all of the other fruit cakes free rein to kill off any American values. Feel free to join their cause, if u want to.

26-Jul-12
Emanuel is just pandering, and it is alittle odd that a business wants to add jobs and the mayor doesn't want them lol. I don't think Emanuel will be mayor for long, just a stepping stone to the Governors office and then on to the Presidency, 2020,24. The liberals will PC this country right into the toilet and if the current president wins another term we are all in trouble. Get out and vote often and early, the chicago way. I think the mayor ought to worry about being the murder capital of the world instead of a private business views.

27-Jul-12
Amen boone

27-Jul-12
What absolutely kills me is the owner merely stated what he believes.

I don't think the company has ever been proven to discriminate against anyone, but these Chicago and Boston idiots are being so very hateful over someone expressing their beliefs! So much for freedom of speech!

Pete, it's the Boston mayor and one of the Chicago counsel members if I'm not mistaken. I haven't seen anything about Emanuel.

27-Jul-12
"So much for freedom of speech!"

So who is denying them their freedom of speech? The First Amendment doesn't guarantee you the approval of those within earshot. Nor is it a hall pass from the fallout of that speech.

27-Jul-12
As Liberals they demand inclusion unless they are offended by you and then you should be excluded. I don't think Rahm is a naturally born US citizen so the presidency should be out, but I may be wrong on that. But, on second thought they may no longer matter in the U.S. .

28-Jul-12
This thread is making me hungry for a Chic-filet sanwich.

29-Jul-12
Now THAT is a good post. Thanks Woods Walker!

29-Jul-12
"Stating what you believe in takes guts and the willingness to be ousted. This is especially true when others are intimidated by it or feel they are entitled to "something"."

Agreed. Just ask Natalie Maines. :)

29-Jul-12
John Kass nailed it!

30-Jul-12
WW,

I agree that Chicago overstepped its bounds (the ACLU apparently agrees as well). My comments were more geared toward the rediculous notion that conservatives somehow hold the high ground when it comes to the tolerance of free speech.

30-Jul-12

30-Jul-12

30-Jul-12
JRW, I would have guessed that you was a conservative based on your many post over the years? learn something new everyday!

30-Jul-12
I'm probably not YOUR idea of a conservative (or apparently a Christian for that matter). Then again, I'm guessing the vast majority of conservatives and Christians don't fit your definition either.

30-Jul-12
A little testy are we?

30-Jul-12
Got to love election cycles. Time to run in the streets clamoring about over-the-top end-of-world do-nothing sillyness. Alert the press and prepare to be amazed and dazzled with the sheer brilliance of stupidity. (And don't forget your checkbooks to help the cause!)

Funny that everyone in the press (and some people here, too?) are ranting about a zoning board decision. Nothing to do with free speach or liberty or whatever else, this is simple real estate law. It is illegal to discriminate based on race, sex, origin, ethinicity, or religious beliefs in real estate matters. So... the whole mini uproar will be quietly thrown out by the courts, if it even goes that far. All the current participants know it but don't much care. In the meanwhile the politicians get plenty of face time in front of news cameras showing their brave stance in favor of a minor constituency's preferred issue of the day to help garner some campaign dollars and votes in November.

Looks like everyone gets a side of good old political sludge with their chicken sandwich. :-)

31-Jul-12
WW,

Again, we seem to agree here. No one is depriving this restaurant chain their freedom of speech. Where we seem to disagree is whether it's virtuous when the right boycotts someone for their opinion, but not when the left does it.

31-Jul-12
the good old days are back

31-Jul-12
Much agreed.

01-Aug-12
I thought the political threads belonged in the community section.

02-Aug-12
"I thought the politcal threads belonged in the community section"

NOW that is funny. Almost everything on the illinois forum whether it starts out that way or not is political.

It is a fun place to visit from time to time

03-Aug-12
Woods Walker: "Will the defendent please rise". That was good. LOL

03-Aug-12
Imagine Kass as Mayor........I know big pipe dream.

03-Aug-12
" ...(in fact there's talk in Springfield of changing the state motto on the license plates from "Land Of Lincoln" to "Will The Defendant Please Rise"...)"

That's hysterical! I was a little disappointed that Blago didn't start his sentence at Oxford like Ryan did. The prison is just a long walk from our property. I was going to put out a welcome sign for him.

03-Aug-12
LMAO!!!!

04-Aug-12
woods walker , I don;t know about you , nut if Illinois didn't have such great deer hunting I'd move lol.

04-Aug-12
W.W. You are correct in everything you said. Our sorry state needs new blood in Springfield that is not dominated by Chicago liberal/progressives. It is inconceivable that a politician can win 99 of 102 counties and still lose. Chicago has over powered the state far too long. Until the residents there decide the liberal way is the way of destruction we will suffer. Like you, I would be outta here in a minute if for family and business ties.

06-Aug-12
Ditto!

28-Aug-12
My bible says Adam & Eve not Adam & Steve. Leaving IL was the best decision I've ever made in my life. It's nice to have a vote that counts, instead of being owned by Chicago liberal idiots. EAT MORE CHIKIN!!

29-Aug-12
Make Shitcago the 51st state. Make all of us down state happy and they won't have to listen to us B*tch anymore.

• Sitka Gear