Babysaph 05-Oct-12
Babysaph 05-Oct-12
Rhewy 05-Oct-12
bkbowhunter 05-Oct-12
wvbowhunter11 05-Oct-12
bicster 06-Oct-12
bowtac729 06-Oct-12
05-Oct-12
How do you all get your deer. I mainly hunt from tree stands but have used ground blinds from time to time. Most of my success has come from tree stands between 20 to 30 feet up. Just was curious to see the different methods we all use.

James

05-Oct-12
Tree stands at 20 feet elevation and ground blinds.

05-Oct-12
Always ground hunt. Basically still hunt with my trusty recurve.

05-Oct-12
Ground hunt exclusively. When I lived in PA I hunted tree stands all the time. Hunting in WV is far different from northern PA, the deer are harder to pattern here. Up north the woods are small and open ground is big, so it is easy to figure out where the deer will be on a daily basis. Now I hunt from the ground because it gives me the chance to relocate on a moments notice without having to fiddle with moving tree stands. A little 3-legged folding seat fits nicely on my backpack and I can easily slip in beside a big tree or behind a bush to break up my outline.

05-Oct-12
Treestand and gillie suit. The deer are spooky around ground blinds

05-Oct-12
Ghillie

05-Oct-12
will use all methods sometime during the season

05-Oct-12
my favorite is treestand i have a ground blind i got for my son 13 he moves to much ive never killed anything out of a groundblind maybe this year.....

05-Oct-12
I hunt from the ground primarily...Some treestand hunting but I've killed all but 3 of my deer from the ground and there are quiet a few of them...A good blind net and some natural cover and you can still get em close...

06-Oct-12
Why rule out any method? I am no expert but I believe in being flexible. There are some areas I prefer to be on the ground and some I prefer to be in a tree. There are some weather conditions that make one method better than the other. If the ground is wet, you can sneak around easier than if the leaves are dry and alert game with every step.

06-Oct-12
like to set up a few treestands in areas i want to still hunt... but like to creep along narrow ridges and skirt the thickets.. nothing better than taking one off the ground but when its windy or dry i can get away with more from a tree

• Sitka Gear