gobbler 29-Oct-12
Little Bear 29-Oct-12
hookman 29-Oct-12
soundman 05-Nov-12
Old Crow 27-Dec-12
babysaph 27-Dec-12
babysaph 27-Dec-12
27-Oct-12
What are the best times to hunt,am and/or pm for the 4 moon phases.

Thanks, Bob

27-Oct-12
What are the best times to hunt,am and/or pm for the 4 moon phases.

Thanks, Bob

28-Oct-12
http://www.solunarforecast.com/solunarcalendar.aspx Just enter your zip code. I use this all the time, it works!

28-Oct-12
The West Virginia Wildlife Calendar has the best times posted based on solunar phases. I buy a calendar every year and use it to determine what days I will schedule off for work. It's the best tool I have for vacation planning since I turn in my vacation plan in January.

29-Oct-12
I pay attention to the full moons in oct. and nov. I see more bucks roaming at midday during the rut if the moon is full.

29-Oct-12
Warning, don't depend on the calendar to give you completely accurate dates for season opening dates. It was reported at the Commission meeting there was a misprint in the 2013 calendar.

Always refer to the regulations for opening/closing dates.

29-Oct-12
The best times to hunt is every time you can be in the woods. I don't like to hunt in the rain for obvious reasons, tracking a shot deer,getting drenched,etc.

05-Nov-12
I actually use both the solunar forcast and the DNR calendar, they see to be consistent with one another. What they can't tell you is what the weather conditions will be. The thing that seems to be more relevant is if the peak feeding times coincide with either a sunrise or a sunset. The solunar forcast shows 2 major times and 2 minor times for each day. Activity, or better times seem to run in a cycle consistent with the cycle of full moon and new moon. But like Hookman says, the best time is any time you can. My work schedule dictates the days I hunt. So I just refer to said information as pieces of the puzzle in the big picture.

27-Dec-12
And some of my friends use to think I was crazy for using a moon phase chart! LOL

27-Dec-12
I hope they never have a misprint in the regulations. Jus sayin

27-Dec-12
I agree with hookman. I have never ever changed or cancelled a hunt due to the moon.

• Sitka Gear